[Healeys] 48-spoke wheel width

Peter Svilans peter.svilans at rogers.com
Mon Jan 27 15:40:37 MST 2014

I can't believe I'm arguing over such a simple thing.

Patrick,
-Browning and Needham book spec table (no page #) only gives wheel size as
5.90 x 15, no mention of rim width
-Healey and Wisdom book, Modern Sports Car Series softcover, p.84 under
"Wheels" says only "wire spoked, knock-on cap" no rim width.  Tires 5.90 x
15.
-Healey and Wisdom book, Cassell Hardcover p.69, same as above, no rim width
given, but spelled "Tyres".

-Anderson Moment book, p 28  "They were......15 inches in diameter and 4
inches in width"
-Clausager book, p 20 " They were 4J x 15 centre-lock wire wheels made by
Dunlop...."   and on p 53  "towards the end of the 3000 MkII Convertible
production run, stronger 60-spoke wheels were fitted, size 4.5J x 15"

Best regards from the frozen north
Peter