[Healeys] BJ8 Glove box lock: set-screw size

Earl Kagna kags at shaw.ca
Thu Jun 4 21:22:06 MDT 2015

Ben:  The thread size is  4 / 40.  I lost mine as well – made up a new one.  Went to a hobby shop that had model train stuff, bought a bag of 6  4 / 40 x 1/4” – the closest that I could find.  They happened to be allen heads, which was okay because the head faces downward when assembled and is hard to see.  I had to file the head down so that the screw head fit comfortably in the countersunk shaped seat in the lock barrel.  Also had to file the threaded part down so that it did not protrude enough to foul the lock cylinder.  I was a lot of f**ting around, and it cost a bit of fingertip skin, but in the end it worked very well.  In order not to ever have to do it again, I used a tiny touch of blue locktite when I assembled it.

If you can’t find anything, let me know – I have the rest of the bag left and would be happy to mail you a couple.

Earl Kagna
Victoria, B.C.
BJ8, BT7 tri-carb