[Healeys] Core plugs seaping on a 3000

Tim Davis BN7 tld6008 at mchsi.com
Wed Jun 24 09:30:16 MDT 2015

What are you waiting for?

----- Original Message -----

From: "Simon Lachlan" <simon.lachlan at homecall.co.uk>
To: "Healey List" <healeys at autox.team.net>
Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2015 10:26:42 AM
Subject: [Healeys] Core plugs seaping on a 3000

Hi,

I’m losing a little coolant – say 1 pint per 200 miles – from a pair of core plugs. (The two rear ones under the manifolds).

No way to access them from above and I very much doubt if it can be done from below though I haven’t looked. I’ve got Webers and a big bore 6 branch so there’s not much room.

OK, I’ll have to strip out the Webers and drop the exhaust; that’s a given. And, at the same time, I can do a few other little things.

BUT, but....I don’t want to do it now. Not just when what we optimistically call our summer is just beginning.

I hope to keep an eye on the loss and last it out until autumn. (Usually summer starts in June and autumn starts about a week later so I may not have much time).

I was thinking of putting some Radweld or similar magic goo into the coolant. I know it’s fairly effective in radiators.....might it work on the core plugs?

Simon

Suggested annual donation $12.75

Healeys at autox.team.net