[Healeys] 80 uneventful miles

I Erbs eyera3000 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 16:17:44 MDT 2015

Just drove out into our local wine country in the Healey. Longest drive
since putting it back on the road two years ago. A few drops out of my
patch, otherwise nothing of note. She just hummed along with sweet tail
pipe music. Found a lot of heat coming form a gap at the top of the
transmission panel cover where the speedo cable comes up. I will be
removing the cable and need to place something to fill the gap.
I am beta testing a GPS unit that has a gear drive to run the stock speedo.
No need to re calibrate for the Toyota 5 spd or taller tires.
I do not know the size and thread for the transmission side of the stock
cable so they can supply me with the correct fitting. Can someone let me
know so I can tell them?
Thanks

Ira Erbs
Portland, OR