[Healeys] Lemans conversion

Henry Morrison dos_gusanos at msn.com
Mon Jul 18 10:44:18 MDT 2016

I will be unable to attend this time.

Henry Morrison

________________________________
From: Healeys <healeys-bounces at autox.team.net> on behalf of Austin Healey <pajtamuvek at gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, July 17, 2016 6:12 AM
To: Robert Memler
Cc: Healey List
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Lemans conversion

With an engine with this sort of mileage one would expect some wear on the bores With new pistons and rings in the old bores, it is always a bit risky, as the new rings might nor bed in to seal. Safe solution would be to overbore the engine and use oversize pistons.
If I were You, considering that the engine is not burning oil, I would leave the pistons untouched, and only change the camshaft, the carbs and fit the cold air box.

Gergo

I have a 54 BN1  and am considering a conversion to a Lemans car. My car has 70,000 miles and as far as I know the engine has never been out of the car. I already have the Lemans carburetors and cold air box. I am considering  the cam shaft and flat top pistons conversion. I would appreciate all comments pro and con about what would and should happen.
TIA, Bob Memler