[Healeys] Gearbox oil

BJ8Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Tue Nov 1 10:06:11 MDT 2016

Another question that will result in a lot of different opinions.  I've always used 30-weight non-detergent oil in my gearbox and overdrive.  Non-detergent according to the theory that because there is no oil filter in the system non-detergent oil allows any wear particles to settle out of the oil instead of being continuously circulated through the mechanicals.

Steve Byers

HBJ8L/36666

BJ8 Registry

AHCA Delegate at Large