[Healeys] Gearbox oil

Michael Salter michaelsalter at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 15:14:27 MDT 2016

The subject of gearbox oils has be discussed on this list more than once.
I am not advocating the use of gear oil in these boxes but the subject is
sure to be raised again..
In the interests of saving some band width a couple of points.

   1.  No one has ever reported seeing any evidence of Extreme Pressure
   (EP) additives damaging the bronze syncro rings in our gearboxes.
   2.  Laycock DeNormanville, the manufacturer of our overdrive units DO
   NOT specify what lubricant is used in their overdrive units, they leave
   that up to the manufacturer of the gearbox to which it is attached and
   shares its lubricant.  EP oils will not adversely affect the overdrive
   unit, in fact 80/90 gear oil was the factory recommendation for the TR6
   with either type of overdrive "A" or "J".

Now back to regularly scheduled program :-)

Michael S
BN1 #174

--
*If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.*