[Healeys] SU Fuel Pumps

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Sat Nov 5 03:51:19 MDT 2016

I still use the original SU-pump that was in my JH 1974, used up to
1985, and I installed it in another car in 2008. It is still working
faultlessly, never missed a beat. Total mileage about 175.000. It is
advised to clean the points now and again using a bit of rough
cardboard. I have done that may be 2 or 3 times during all those years,
the last time in 2008. When it goes wrong I will install a solid state
pump, the present replica SU-pumps are most likely not equivalent in
materials and quality to the original SU-pumps.
The old SU-pumps are nigh indestructible when looked after properly and
when they go wrong, they are easily repaired.

Kees Oudesluijs