[Healeys] Minator alloy wheels

Wayne waschu2 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 07:24:38 MST 2016

My friend with his  recently acquired 1953 BN-1 had a scary event
yesterday.  The car has traveled about 800 miles  since we put in a
Toyota gearbox, disk brake conversion and new Minator wheels. While
traveling on the highway at 70 MPH the Right front wheel started making
noise. He got off the next exit thinking a wheel bearing problem or a
loose knock-off  and found two of the bolts holding the alloy wheel to
the spline hub adapter were missing their nuts and the rest were loose.
We are now going to take all five wheels apart and Loctite the wheel
hardware. Checking the other wheels we found several bolts with low
torque or loose hardware.  Moss is going to get us the Manufactures
torque for the bolts and probably replace the wheel due to the missing
hardware and elongated holes.  If you run these wheels I would put a
socket on the nuts and check them for torque.

Wayne