[Healeys] Oil pressure gauge response

J. Scott Morris jstmorris at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 1 08:17:21 MDT 2016

HelloStephen;    A longtime ago, back on October 15 2001, Adnan Merchant asked about a delay in oilpressure: “If there is a delay, might it imply that there is air in the line orsome other restriction somewhere?” In response, Michael Salter wrote:  “Hi Adnan,  There is a restrictor at the block on the oil pressure line. If the line is full of air the pressure takes some time to build on the gauge, particularly when cold, because sufficient oil has to pass through the restrictor to compress the air in the line to the indicated pressure.  If the line is bled at the gauge, to remove all the air, the pressure reading should be almost instantaneous because, of course, oil is not very compressible.” This may help you figure it out. --Scott Morris; Simcoe, Ontario, Canada         - Keep Smiling, Murphy Lives