[Healeys] 3000 Mk III cloisonne front badge

Earl Kagna kags at shaw.ca
Sat Sep 10 14:26:44 MDT 2016

Interesting.

My BJ8 – also a Golden Beige Metallic car / black trim, (late October ‘67 build),  very likely had a painted front badge as well.  The reason I say likely is that when I bought the car (in 1981) it had a cloisonne badge on it. The problem was that it was a 3000 MK II badge!  I guess a previous owner did not like the ‘cheap’ look of the painted badge and grabbed what he could find.  The badge was an original part – not a repro, and was in excellent condition.  Since I also owned a MK II tri-carb at the time, the badge was a welcome addition to the parts stock when I replaced the BJ8 badge with a not-too-bad reproduction.

When the car underwent it’s recently completed full restoration, a new repro (cloisonne) badge that was sourced from AH Spares approximately 6 –7 years ago was installed.  This badge is an excellent reproduction, and seems to be holding up quite well.

I guess it all depends when and where these things are sourced.  Who knows.

Earl Kagna
Victoria, B.C.
BJ8, BT7 tri-carb