[Healeys] Torque settings needed

josef-eckert at t-online.de josef-eckert at t-online.de
Sat Oct 14 08:14:50 MDT 2017

Michael,
originally castellated nuts were used. Tighten as good as you can and turn
back to nearest slot.
At the time the Austin-Healey 100 was out there were not many torque
settings given. Roger Menadue (works chief mechanic at Warwick) never used
a torque wrench. He got a golden one as a present at Le Mans 1963 as best
mechanic. He put it in his tool box but never used it.
So my suggestion, tighten as good as you can or use the torque settings for
the 6cylinder engines

Josef Eckert
Konigswinter/Germany

-----Original-Nachricht-----