[Healeys] Overdrive wiring question

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Mon Sep 4 11:14:02 MDT 2017

I'm working from memory--will check the manual later--but the way I
interpreted the instructions were to adjust the switch with the
throttles a spec distance--prob. the 3/16" as Steve mentions--opened.
For some reason, I thought this should be achieved by pressing on the
accelerator pedal to achieve this setting which, of course, would pull
up any slack in the Rube Goldberg throttle mechanism.  So, I set it this
way but felt that it required too much pedal when disengaging the OD.  I
just fiddled with the adjustment to where the OD disengaged with what I
felt was appropriate pedal.  Maybe the 3/16" should be measured without
allowing for linkage slack, maybe not; does anyone know for sure?

Bob