[Healeys] Chassis thickness.

simon.lachlan at homecall.co.uk simon.lachlan at homecall.co.uk
Thu Feb 8 06:10:56 MST 2018

Ever since I've owned my 3000 it's had a nasty dent in the front crossbeam
of the chassis. That would be the one near the bottom of the radiator. In
the car's history file there is reference to a serious grounding on a rock
whilst driving down a track in Spain.

Be that as it may, I've got the car up on a set of drive-on then jack up
ramps at the moment and seeing that dent has determined me to get something
done about it.

Solution one:- cut out the bent bit and weld in a new piece.

Solution two:- clean up the area and weld a plate over the whole cross beam
thus giving it additional strength etc.

What gauge is the chassis? I'd be putting something no thinner than the
existing and very probably a tad thicker. But I need to know the start
position.

Thanks,

Simon