[Healeys] Strange Timing Setting

glemon at neb.rr.com glemon at neb.rr.com
Sun Feb 18 08:34:12 MST 2018

---- Patrick & Caroline Quinn p_cquinn at tpg.com.au> wrote:

"Now the next question is why does a SU fuel pump keep pumping occasionally with the ignition on even when there are no leaks and the float bowl levels are correct?"

Apparently they are not supposed to do that,but they often do.  As long as it slows down from a rapid pump to an occasional one when the float bowls fill up I would not worry about it.  My 100 did it, I had daily driver Sprites an MGBs that did it for years and everything worked fine.  Just make sure there are no fuel leaks, drive and enjoy.

Greg Lemon
Former AH 💯
Current TR250
Former many other British cars with SU pumps and carbs