[Healeys] Ballast resistor wiring question

Michael Oritt michael.oritt at gmail.com
Tue Dec 24 11:17:02 MST 2019

When I ordered the bulbs from Moss I asked the associate if they would work
in a 100 as its tail light lenses are much flatter than those for later
cars and he assured me that they would.  In fact LED bulb is about 5/16"
taller than the incandescent bulb and it will not fit under the present
lens.  My choices are to either find a shorter LED or go to the later
rounded glass lens as used in BN/BT cars.  I am hoping to go with the first
option.

BTW since I have previously transferred my turn signal function to separate
electrified reflector pods I now realize that I do not at this time need to
install the ballasts since there will be no flasher function for the
bulb--merely side and brake function only.  But since I will probably next
replace the front bulbs and those in the electrified pods with LED's the
ballasts will not go to waste.

Thanks all for your patience....