[Healeys] Getting engine mounts in line.

Bruce Steele healeybruce at roadrunner.com
Fri May 31 08:35:26 MDT 2019

It's not an easy job no matter what tricks you try.  Here's what I did.  Get
8 extra bolts and cut the heads off (or get some studs or threaded rod) and
insert them in the plates leaving an inch or so protruding.  Leave the bolts
to the block loose and then lower the engine down.  You will probably need
to adjust the studs up or down as you go to align the engine mounts to the
plates.  Some persuasion from a pry bar and/or a mallet may also be
necessary.  Then one by one replace the studs with your bolts.  It's slow
and tedious but it worked.

Bruce Steele

Brea, CA

1960 BN7