[Healeys] Water Pump Lubrication

Perry healeyguy at aol.com
Mon Apr 13 18:42:38 MDT 2020

Mike
This is an ongoing issue with original and replacement pumps. Original service manuals say to use your “oil” pump to add oil through the zerk fitting on the pump at regular intervals. Folks didn’t have a oil pump and used a grease gun on the zerk and ruined the seals in the water pump.  Then replacement pumps came with no way to lube after installation and they referred to them as lubed for life.  May have been a short life.
Not really sure what to tell you about the water pump in your photo.  I would be on the phone to the supplier and get their recommendation and assurance that their pump will last more than a couple driving seasons.
Perry

Sent from Mail for Windows 10