[Healeys] Facet Cube 12v Fuel Pump, 1/8 NPT, 2-3.5 psi | Pegasus Auto Racing Supplies

Earl Kagna kags at shaw.ca
Tue Feb 18 11:00:27 MST 2020

Further to this – I have used this pump in both Healeys for at least 20 years (mine are Moprod branded).  They have worked flawlessly – lots of miles on both cars over the time.  They are readily available (here in Canda) as the Ecco. They are diaphragm pumps as is the SU, and will fit as the original if the line fittings are still present.  Can easily be installed on either NEG or POS grounded cars – just switch the leads – pump body is isolated (it’s plastic.)  Which brigs up the only downside:  overtightening the fittings can crack the body, ruining the pump.  These pumps are supplied with 4 white neoprene seals that are way better than the original fibre washers – just a tiny bit past finger tight is all that is needed..

I have the Putske Billstein shock kit in my BJ8 – the kit came with a new fuel pump mounting bracket that didn’t work all that well. We simply made a more suitable bracket out of a sheet of aluminum stock.  Over the years I have considered  fashioning a second pump system as many of you have, but haven’t done it yet.  I have the jump seats in the BJ8 loosely mounted, so I can easily get to the pump / filter without jacking the car and getting the wheel off.  I also carry an identical pump in the boot at all times as a spare.  I guess my thinking has been that if I am absolutely ready for a fuel pump failure, it probably won’t happen.  (I try not to think of tunnels and bridges). So far, so good!

Earl Kagna
Victoria, B.C.
BJ8, BT7 tri-carb