[Healeys] Fwd: HD8 dashpot damper part #s

richard mayor boyracer466 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 12:07:07 MDT 2020

Are the brass caps vented?  In my earlier post about the various caps I had
on some sets of HD8s, one of the caps was AUC 8114.  A responder pointed
out that that cap came on a tri-carb set up. Looking more closely I noticed
there was no vent hole in that cap. Why?  Because the carbs on the tri-carb
set up had vents in the dashpots. HD8 dashpots are not vented so the cap
should be to be vented.
I'm just guessing, but would happen if a non vented cap is put on an HD8
carb?  Would the oil get sucked out of the carb?