[Healeys] BJj8 at Mecum

HealeyRick healeyrik at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 07:02:09 MDT 2022

Steve,

Thanks so much for chiming in on this car.  With the deadline for my
"Auction Report" column in Healey Marque looming over my head, this was to
be the lede car.  The extra info you provided will add to the story.  The
buyer of the car just posted that the car would not start during the
auction and its brakes were bad.  It was also sold on Thursday, not an
ideal slot to get the most return.  He bought the car for $33k and resold
it again before leaving the auction.

As far as Mecum goes, they've been expanding their Healey offerings as of
late and although formerly a muscle car and street rod auctioneer, they
managed to sell a non-factory metallic golden beige 66 BJ8 at Kissimmee in
January for $104,000 (check out the Auction Report in the April issue of
the Marque)

Happy Healeying,
Rick Neville