[Healeys] Healey 100S surprise

Mark Donaldson ardmorebusiness at xtra.co.nz
Sun Nov 6 18:33:59 MST 2022

Allan,

The gentleman you saw at Mt Maunganui with his VW camper would have been local Tauranga classic car restorer, Dave Doling.

The car you saw was not a genuine 100S.

It was a very nicely prepared reproduction belonging to AHCCNZ Auckland member, Michael Sexton.

I have many photos of the car during its build, which was begun originally on a Hundred chassis by Steve Pike in Australia, and finished by Dave.

When completed, Michael had the car fettled here in Auckland.

He still owns it, and has raced it here and hillclimbed it in Italy.  He owns a collection of gorgeous classics which he campaigns here and overseas.

Mark Donaldson

Historian, AHCCNZ

Ardmore, NZ