[Healeys] WG: Re: Sad news - Rallyist Killed in Healey 100

josef-eckert at t-online.de josef-eckert at t-online.de
Sun Oct 9 13:15:22 MDT 2022

Dear fellow readers and co-writers in this list.
I am far from being emotional and serious about what others have written here on this topic and their
opinion of me.
I'll probably never meet anyone on this list and because you might drive the same car or one of the
same make, you don't have to be friends. For me I can live well with everything that has been said
here, just think to myself with one or the other post that the person lives in a world that I left
behind for a long time. I am neither religious nor prudish and can accept everything that is said.
Thank goodness we probably all who write here live in a free world. What puts me off is that in some
places you don't recognize dangers and thus endanger other bystanders. I'm glad that here where I live
you can't get dangerous weapons and you don't run the risk of dying from them. We are also free to
decide about ourselves here and whether white or black or any other colour, man or woman or other kind,
about ourselves and what we can decide freely, as long as we can't endanger others around us who are
not involved.

Meanwhile I live with my Austin-Healeys for more than 40 years and restored them all three (Sprite MK3 (my
first classic), 100, 3000 BT7) completely to Concours condition. So most technical I read here is nothing new
to me, but the one or other input, especially from persons who are well experianced, I really enjoy..I came to this
list some 25 years ago to follow technical discussions and saw them very interesting and useful to me, especially
to find the one or other useful hint. I am very thankful to this list as it helped through many years of my Healey
ownership. Meanwhile I am fine to read some useful posts, but I can also delete many others which give me no input.
I can only plea to all others. Take this list as a useful source, but don´t forget the real world is with friends you meet in
real life and not in the world wide web.

Josef Eckert
Königswinter / GERMANY

-----Original-Nachricht-----