[Healeys] Tightening bolts

m.g.sharp at sympatico.ca m.g.sharp at sympatico.ca
Mon Oct 10 06:04:04 MDT 2022

Hi Simon, I often use an anti-seize paste on threads and I have never had a
fastener loosen off and it definitely aids removal later.  For example, One
common component to seize is the capillary tube where it goes through the
nut on the temperature sensor.  For decades I have coated the tube where it
passes through the nut,  as well as the thread, and it makes removal of that
nasty little thing so much easier.  Mind you, it is a tapered pipe thread
and they tend to stay tight.  Another instance is brake line fittings; I
slide the fitting back, lightly coat the brake line and then slide the
fitting up to the flare, and coat the threads on the fitting, taking care
not to get any into the hydraulic circuit.  I have never broken a brake line
from it seizing in the nut after doing this. I use "Copper Anti Seize" made
by Permatex.

Cheers, Mirek