[Healeys] GB Oil Leak

Roger Grace roggrace at telus.net
Sun Oct 16 21:18:25 MDT 2022

BJ8 with MT 90 oil in transmission.
I am struggling with an oil leak from the drain plug on my transmission.
The tapered thread plug, not the brass OD one.
On my last attempt I carefully cleaned the plug and the case thread.
Then used used that white Permatex thread sealant.
Little improvement.
Kept tightening with lot more torque with 16in breaker bar plus pipe.
Some minor improvement.
Fearing damage, now reluctant to do any more tightening.
A colleague suggests that Permatex form a gasket aviation stuff - liquid
sealant in a tin ...
Is this a common issue - maybe a new plug ?
Ideas please and your collective wisdom appreciated.
rg