[Healeys] GB Oil Leak

Steven Kingsbury airtightproductions at me.com
Mon Oct 17 18:01:33 MDT 2022

I just used Permatex Seal+Lock Thread Compound on some threads for a seal plug in my new water pump where it was leaking. The key to the whole process is to make sure you let is cure for 72 hours once you apply it and install the part before you put any "driving" pressure on the threads.I followed the directions and have driven many miles now and no leaks. Best of all 50 - 100 lbs of torque will loosen with no damage to anything.Worked for me.Steven KingsburyBN1 On Oct 16, 2022, at 8:45 PM, Roger Grace <roggrace at telus.net> wrote:BJ8 with MT 90 oil in transmission.I am struggling with an oil leak from the drain plug on my transmission.The tapered thread plug, not the brass OD one.On my last attempt I carefully cleaned the plug and the case thread.Then used used that white Permatex thread sealant.Little improvement.Kept tightening with lot more torque with 16in breaker bar plus pipe.Some minor improvement.Fearing damage, now reluctant to do any more tightening.A colleague suggests that Permatex form a gasket aviation stuff - liquid sealant in a tin ...Is this a common issue - maybe a new plug ?Ideas please and your collective wisdom appreciated.rg_______________________________________________Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.htmlSuggested annual donation  $12.75Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeysHealeys@autox.team.nethttp://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeysUnsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/airtightproductions@icloud.com