[Healeys] Derrington steering wheel

simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com
Tue Oct 25 03:01:43 MDT 2022

Well, I’ve got one. See attached. “OK” does sum it all up quite succinctly but is a little short on detail!

I bought it because the original was falling to pieces and, at the time, I didn’t trust the quality of the replacements or my chances of making a lasting repair.

As to quality……it’s lasted well. I don’t use the car everyday but it gets used frequently and that wheel has a good few thousands of miles on it. It’s held up well.

As to the intrinsic craftsmanship, I’d say it’s pretty good. I’ve not studied the alternatives but, I’d say, this one would stand up well in any company.

As to appearance, I like it but, of course, I’m used to it now. (+/- 25 years). People do admire it when the car’s parked up somewhere like, say, a pub car park. So, I suppose it’s generally deemed to be a handsome thing.

As to efficacy, I can see the speedo & tacho pretty well. Can’t recall if I’m seeing them better than through the original. In fact, I spend more time looking at the oil pressure/temperature gauge than the others. This being purely because my speedo has always been way off and the tacho even worse, if that were possible. I’ve just had the speedo back from calibration/restoration and expect the tacho back today. (You can detect its absence in the pics.) Anyhow, now I’ll be looking at those two a little more!

As to price, well they’re not cheap are they? I paid a lot less but that’s down to inflation isn’t it? “You gets wot you pays for,” as they say. A very nice wheel which will last you for as long as you keep the car……..in my opinion.

Our politicians have shot the pound to s**t so you’d get a decent rate on the dollar. If that’s where you’re coming from. I use:-

Parcel Delivery  <https://www.parcel2go.com/> & Courier Services | Send a Parcel | Parcel2Go

Never used them internationally but don’t see why not. Bound to be cheaper than the suppliers designated thieves.

Hope this helps.

Simon