[Healeys] Brake Fluid

Harold Manifold manifold at telus.net
Sun Oct 30 19:23:26 MDT 2022

Michael,

I used Dot 5 on my completely new/rebuilt braking system and the major
benefit I discovered wasn't what I was expecting. My completely new braking
system had numerous leaks for every reason: poor quality components, rough
castings, fittings not tight enough, fittings not properly bedded, etc. I
was very relieved to have a brake fluid that would harm or discolour my
nice new paint.

Once all of the leaks were sorted the performance of the brakes was fine.

Harold