[Healeys] Fwd: New post on my blog

Michael Salter michaelsalter at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 12:48:35 MDT 2022

I think there is something to what you suggest Bob but, when I first
observed the only very minor negative pressure on overrun I  was somewhat
confused because my thinking was that as there is minimal blow-by on
overrun the PCV valve (vacuum source) should have encountered no problems
keeping the crankcase evacuated. Further study however has provided what
may be an explanation.
Apparently the PCV valve selected, and this applies to most versions,
actually throttles down the air flow at high vacuum aka overrun.
I suspect that I was observing the results of this on the manometer.
Closing off the original valve cover breather tube probably meant that
crankcase pressure dropped further because there was less "make up" air
available during these conditions.