[Healeys] 100M Back on BaT

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Wed Dec 27 11:21:29 MST 2023

I haven't paid much attention to BaT, except to check out interesting
Healeys that come up and I only created an account to comment on this
car. But, from what I've seen I think it's a little fishy that a couple
large bids--$50K and $75K ($75K should be top dollar for this car
IMO)--came in fairly quickly. From watching a few auctions it seemed
there would be a few lowball bids, then a few more would work the price
up but the serious would-be buyers would wait and watch then throw a
potentially winning bid in at the last few minutes, if not the last few
seconds. What do they call it when a seller's buddies throw in a large
bids to gin up apparent interest; 'shill bidding?'

It appears the seller is working on a "You didn't read the fine print
(watch the video); it's on you" defense. I'm still surprised Bill
certified this as an M;  'LeMans conversion' probably would have been
more appropriate.

Bob