[Healeys] Midas muffler journey

i erbs eyera3000 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 19:37:48 MST 2023

Ira Erbs
Milwaukie,OR
     (______ \____1959 BN4____/ _______)
         (_________________________)
          BT7 engine and disk brakes

1Some of you may recall my battles with Midas over the last year and a
half. Why Midas? Well 47 years ago there were not a lot of options to get a
new muffler installed in my 59 100-6. Midas ran and ad showing an old guy
in a model T getting his muffler replaced with his lifetime muffler
warranty. I figured what the hell? I am going to own this car for a
lifetime. I still have it. They have replaced the muffler 4-5 times over
the decades. When I was driving down to Conclave I blew out the inside
baffles. So when I got home I calle dup the shop that had replaced the
mufffler before. They are now called Midas, no muffler and they did not
have a muffler guy anymore, nor did any shop withng 50 miles of my house.
The local shop got a new manager who was sure he could take care of me. I
showed un and he backed away from his offer. Today I got a buyout check for
my warranty. I paid $45 then they sent me $350.00 today. They put me
through 1.5 years of shit and I still had to hound them after I agreed to
be bought out three months ago.  Now I;ll have the headers I bought
installed and glass packs. Here in Oregon it's still rainy and very cold,
but I should be back on the road this spring.
Cheers967 MGB  [image: MG]

A racing car is an animal with a thousand adjustments. Mario Andretti
Please excuse random auto corrects and misspelled words