[Healeys] Lower Stator Tube for Trafficator

Bob Haskell rchaskell at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 13 04:11:01 MST 2023

The short stator tube, connected to the control head, has three dimples
that ride in a slot in the long stator tube.  The short stator tube fits
over the long stator tube.  Looks to me that the slot was cut with a
slitting saw leaving a knife edge corners where the cracks originate.
I've made some long stator tubes, using an end mill to put a round end
to the slot as Bob suggests.

Hank, the fishing line that you use - line used to catch fish or to fish
wires through walls (fish tape)?  If the former, how do you get the line
feed through the tube?  I would tie it to the harness and pull it
through when you remove the harness.  Or using some bailing wire to feed
it through.

Cheers,

Bob Haskell
Austin-Healey 3000 roadster registrar