[Healeys] 100 front brakes

WILLIAM B LAWRENCE ynotink at msn.com
Sat Feb 25 14:04:43 MST 2023

The Girling brakes cylinders I have dealt with use a copper washer to seal to the supply port. They didn’t use any type of flare. The “inee” and “outee” ports on the cylinders shown were made to match a bubble flare or a double flare solid line respectively. These are the transfer ports between the double cylinders on the Girling dual leading shoe braking system used on the front of the 100 and 100-6. The transfer pipes currently available use double flares on both ends so the bubble flare port may not be compatible. The The ports that are angled are the correct ports for the supply hoses (upper) and bleeder screws (lower). The hoses screw into the upper angled port and seal with copper washers. The bleeder screws as noted may use a tapered sealing surface or a flat surface with a round indentation and a small steel ball.

Bill Lawrence
BN1 #554