[Healeys] Overdrive accumulator housing

Hank Leach gradea1 at charter.net
Thu Jun 22 20:15:52 MDT 2023

JOHN- THE PISTON IS OK THE SPRING HOOKS ON THAT DIMPLE. PUSH THE
PISTON BACK INTO THE HOUSING, USE A WOOD DOWEL TO WEDGE IN THE BODY TO
PULL THE BODY OUT WITH THE PISTON INTACT-CAN BE DONE IN CAR BUT
TIGHTER QUARTERS. NOW REMOVE THE PISTON FROM THE FRONT of the body-not
the rear (to prevent scoring). After putting on new rings; I made a
piston ring compressor to help slip the steel rings carefully into
place, push the piston in from the front again-then use the distance
tube to reseat the body into OD. (Photo) Hank