[Healeys] Austin Healey BN2 overdrive issue

Hank Leach gradea1 at charter.net
Fri Jun 23 18:59:15 MDT 2023

I feel the next step is to remove the solenoid cover and clean the non
return valve, check that it is not damaged-seat the ball and have a
look at the accumulator piston and bore. How well was the solenoid
adjusted to go into and out of OD-binding of shaft or smooth operation
and proper adjustment? If you reversed the car with the OD engaged,
the clutch in the annulus is probably damaged and thrust ring broken
which will warrant a tear down. Hank.