[Healeys] spigot bush

Roger Grace roggrace at telus.net
Sun Jun 25 09:30:08 MDT 2023

Another more instantaneous technique !
Nearly 50 years ago, nearly every car I touched had a Lucas generator with
a bronze rear bush - they were always failing - because the owners did not
lubricate them.
When replacing, we always filled the new one with light oil then squeezed
between our thumbs and enjoyed watching the oil oozing out !
Just tried it again with the spigot one - larger thums needed but bronze
oilite is bronze oilite and yes it does ooze out with pressure !
rg