[Healeys] BJ7-BJ8 Windshield assembly

David Masucci dmasucci at charter.net
Wed Jun 28 10:24:22 MDT 2023

Hi all,

I am in the process of putting together my re-chromed BJ8 windshield assembly. I have a couple of questions, and I’m sure that some of you already know the answers. Can you guys take a look below and respond if you can?

1)	The Moss kit included 2 separate rubber parts for the glazing. Attached to the windshield in the picture below is a rubber part with a U-shaped cross section. Do I use adhesive to mount it to the glass?
2)	The other rubber item has a rectangular cross section, and is approximately the same length as the above part.
My question for #2 is do I insert that into the U-channel in the windshield frame? I assume it too would be bonded with some kind of glazing compound.
3) My last question pertains to assembly order. After staring at this for a while, I’ve concluded that I should assemble (loosely) the upper cross section to both side pieces, then insert glass from the bottom. Once fully seated I would then assemble the lower cross section to the 2 sides, and tighten it all up.

Can you guys share any wisdom on the above?

Thanks,
Dave
BJ8