From rchaskell at earthlink.net Tue Sep 1 15:12:18 2026 From: rchaskell at earthlink.net (Bob Haskell) Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2026 17:12:18 -0400 Subject: [Healeys] OD switch wrench In-Reply-To: <037d01dd3675$93af84d0$bb0e8e70$@sbcglobal.net> References: <037d01dd3675$93af84d0$bb0e8e70$@sbcglobal.net> Message-ID: I bought a thin open ended wrench off of ebay and did some filing.? Took the switch off easily. So the next question - what's the thread size?? Looks to be 5/8"-13 - 55 degrees.? Anyone know for sure? Cheers, Bob Haskell Austin-Healey 3000 roadster registrar On 8/27/26 18:44, JSARCH wrote: > I I have uses this 1-3/16 wrench but I can't recall for certain because it has been many years since I have had to remove the switch. It is about 1/4" thick. > > Cheers, > John > '62 BT7 > > -----Original Message----- > From: Healeys On Behalf Of Bob Haskell > Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2026 5:26 AM > To: Healey List > Subject: [Healeys] OD switch wrench > > Listers, > > Anyone know the wrench used to remove the 3rd/4th gear OD switch from the center shift gearbox. Appears to be 1-5/32" which is not a common size. Thinking of getting a thin 1-1/8" open end wrench and opening it up a bit. > > Cheers, > > Bob Haskell > Austin-Healey 3000 roadster registrar > > _______________________________________________ > Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html Suggested annual donation $12.75 > > Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys > > Healeys at autox.team.net > http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys > > Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/jmsdarch at sbcglobal.net > From eps2660 at gmail.com Tue Sep 1 20:34:15 2026 From: eps2660 at gmail.com (Elton S) Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2026 22:34:15 -0400 Subject: [Healeys] Steering box lube Message-ID: What is your collective wisdom in using John Deer Cornhead grease NLGI 0 in a Healey steering box? I had been using Penrite steering box oil, but the usual places seem to be out of it. Elton BJ7 -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: From alfuller194 at gmail.com Tue Sep 1 23:28:46 2026 From: alfuller194 at gmail.com (Al Fuller) Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2026 07:28:46 +0200 Subject: [Healeys] Steering box lube In-Reply-To: References: Message-ID: I used it for some years with good results. While it's technically an oil it's thick like grease, so warming it up before injection into the steering box helps. For best results you might want to get the old stuff out, but likely not strictly necessary. ________________ Sent from my phone Best Regards, Al Fuller On Wed, Sep 2, 2026, 4:43?AM Elton S wrote: > What is your collective wisdom in using John Deer Cornhead grease NLGI 0 > in a Healey steering box? I had been using Penrite steering box oil, but > the usual places seem to be out of it. > Elton > BJ7 > _______________________________________________ > Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html > Suggested annual donation $12.75 > > Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys > http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys > > Healeys at autox.team.net > http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys > > Unsubscribe/Manage: > http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/alfuller194 at gmail.com > > -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: From manifold at telus.net Wed Sep 2 09:43:39 2026 From: manifold at telus.net (Harold Manifold) Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2026 08:43:39 -0700 Subject: [Healeys] Steering box lube In-Reply-To: References: Message-ID: Hello, I use Castrol SHL #00 grease, which is available at NAPA. The advantage of Castrol SHL is that it comes in a tube that fits into a standard caulking gun. Since this grease doesn't flow or level well in the steering box, I attach a hose to the end of the grease tube and push it down as far into the box as possible. Once the grease begins to emerge from the top, you know the steering box is full. Best regards, Harold On Tue, Sep 1, 2026 at 10:38?PM Al Fuller wrote: > I used it for some years with good results. While it's technically an oil > it's thick like grease, so warming it up before injection into the steering > box helps. > > For best results you might want to get the old stuff out, but likely not > strictly necessary. > > ________________ > Sent from my phone > Best Regards, > Al Fuller > > On Wed, Sep 2, 2026, 4:43?AM Elton S wrote: > >> What is your collective wisdom in using John Deer Cornhead grease NLGI 0 >> in a Healey steering box? I had been using Penrite steering box oil, but >> the usual places seem to be out of it. >> Elton >> BJ7 >> _______________________________________________ >> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html >> Suggested annual donation $12.75 >> >> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys >> http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys >> >> Healeys at autox.team.net >> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys >> >> Unsubscribe/Manage: >> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/alfuller194 at gmail.com >> >> _______________________________________________ > Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html > Suggested annual donation $12.75 > > Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys > http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys > > Healeys at autox.team.net > http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys > > Unsubscribe/Manage: > http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/manifold at telus.net > > -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: From einhornlawoffice at gmail.com Wed Sep 2 10:27:43 2026 From: einhornlawoffice at gmail.com (Jonathan Einhorn) Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2026 12:27:43 -0400 Subject: [Healeys] Generator Message-ID: HI Team: I'm going to replace my generator in my BJ8. Is it the same generator as in the 100-6? ARe there different sizes or models? I think there is only one, but just checking. Racing this weekend at Lime Rock (in a different Healey), if anyone is in the area. Thanks jon -- Jonathan J. Einhorn, Esq. Attorney & Counselor at Law 129 Whitney Avenue New Haven, CT. 06510 tel: 203-777-3777 einhornlawoffice at gmail.com fax: 203-782-1721 cell: 203-623-7373 -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: From boyracer466 at gmail.com Wed Sep 2 11:45:10 2026 From: boyracer466 at gmail.com (richard mayor) Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2026 10:45:10 -0700 Subject: [Healeys] Steering box lube In-Reply-To: References: Message-ID: <582A1300-8B80-461F-AE22-7EE9FA31B4D2@gmail.com> I use the steering box lubricant by Dynolite. Sold by Moss Motors. Richard Mayor boyracer466 at gmail.com > On Sep 2, 2026, at 8:43?AM, Harold Manifold wrote: > > Hello, > > I use Castrol SHL #00 grease, which is available at NAPA. The advantage of Castrol SHL is that it comes in a tube that fits into a standard caulking gun. > > Since this grease doesn't flow or level well in the steering box, I attach a hose to the end of the grease tube and push it down as far into the box as possible. Once the grease begins to emerge from the top, you know the steering box is full. > > Best regards, > Harold > > > On Tue, Sep 1, 2026 at 10:38?PM Al Fuller > wrote: >> I used it for some years with good results. While it's technically an oil it's thick like grease, so warming it up before injection into the steering box helps. >> >> For best results you might want to get the old stuff out, but likely not strictly necessary. >> >> ________________ >> Sent from my phone >> Best Regards, >> Al Fuller >> >> On Wed, Sep 2, 2026, 4:43?AM Elton S > wrote: >>> What is your collective wisdom in using John Deer Cornhead grease NLGI 0 in a Healey steering box? I had been using Penrite steering box oil, but the usual places seem to be out of it. >>> Elton >>> BJ7 >>> _______________________________________________ >>> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html >>> Suggested annual donation $12.75 >>> >>> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys >>> >>> Healeys at autox.team.net >>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys >>> >>> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/alfuller194 at gmail.com >>> >> _______________________________________________ >> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html >> Suggested annual donation $12.75 >> >> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys >> >> Healeys at autox.team.net >> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys >> >> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/manifold at telus.net >> > _______________________________________________ > Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html > Suggested annual donation $12.75 > > Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys > > Healeys at autox.team.net > http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys > > Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/boyracer466 at gmail.com -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: From goldengt at cal.net Wed Sep 2 12:54:41 2026 From: goldengt at cal.net (Ken) Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2026 11:54:41 -0700 Subject: [Healeys] Steering box lube In-Reply-To: Message-ID: <4hZsNL3KtqzSySTG@allmail.cal.net> John Deere is fine for me.65 bj8Ken Freese?Sent from my Galaxy -------- Original message --------From: Elton S Date: 9/1/26 7:42 PM (GMT-08:00) To: Ahealey help Subject: [Healeys] Steering box lube What is your collective wisdom in using John Deer Cornhead grease NLGI 0 in a Healey steering box? I had been using Penrite steering box oil, but the usual places seem to be out of it.EltonBJ7 -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: From rchaskell at earthlink.net Wed Sep 2 13:07:08 2026 From: rchaskell at earthlink.net (Bob Haskell) Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2026 15:07:08 -0400 Subject: [Healeys] Generator In-Reply-To: References: Message-ID: Jon, The BJ8 generator (C42) is smaller than the one fitted to the earlier 6 cylinders (C45).? The number gives the outside diameter - C45 is 4.5" in diameter. Cheers, Bob Haskell Austin-Healey 3000 roadster registrar On 9/2/26 12:27, Jonathan Einhorn wrote: > HI Team: I'm going to replace my generator in my BJ8. Is it the same > generator as in the 100-6? ARe there different sizes or models? I > think there is only one, but just checking. Racing this weekend at > Lime Rock (in?a different?Healey), if anyone is in the area. > > Thanks > jon > > -- > Jonathan J. Einhorn, Esq. > Attorney & Counselor at Law > 129 Whitney Avenue > New Haven, CT. 06510 > tel: 203-777-3777 > einhornlawoffice at gmail.com > fax: 203-782-1721 > cell: 203-623-7373 > > _______________________________________________ > Support Team.Nethttp://www.team.net/donate.html > Suggested annual donation $12.75 > > Archive:http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys > > Healeys at autox.team.net > http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys > > Unsubscribe/Manage:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/rchaskell at earthlink.net > -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: From fsufan1952 at yahoo.com Thu Sep 3 07:22:11 2026 From: fsufan1952 at yahoo.com (fsufan1952 at yahoo.com) Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2026 09:22:11 -0400 Subject: [Healeys] Steering box lube In-Reply-To: <582A1300-8B80-461F-AE22-7EE9FA31B4D2@gmail.com> References: <582A1300-8B80-461F-AE22-7EE9FA31B4D2@gmail.com> Message-ID: <57AB4BA7-3216-42FD-95DA-C2BF5665989A@yahoo.com> An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: From healey.nut at gmail.com Thu Sep 3 14:20:00 2026 From: healey.nut at gmail.com (Alan Seigrist) Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2026 16:20:00 -0400 Subject: [Healeys] Steering box lube In-Reply-To: <57AB4BA7-3216-42FD-95DA-C2BF5665989A@yahoo.com> References: <582A1300-8B80-461F-AE22-7EE9FA31B4D2@gmail.com> <57AB4BA7-3216-42FD-95DA-C2BF5665989A@yahoo.com> Message-ID: Yes, Corn head grease is really the ideal solution - it liquefies on the contact surfaces but stays solid in the rest of the box. In effect it is self sealing but still provides high quality liquid lubricaton on the high pressure contact area On Thu, Sep 3, 2026 at 9:36?AM Don via Healeys wrote: > I?ve used the corn hole grease for years both on my BJ-8 and others that I > work on with no issues. > Don > Sent from my iPhone > > On Sep 2, 2026, at 2:01?PM, richard mayor wrote: > > ?I use the steering box lubricant by Dynolite. Sold by Moss Motors. > > > Richard Mayor > boyracer466 at gmail.com > > > > On Sep 2, 2026, at 8:43?AM, Harold Manifold wrote: > > Hello, > > I use Castrol SHL #00 grease, which is available at NAPA. The advantage of > Castrol SHL is that it comes in a tube that fits into a standard caulking > gun. > > Since this grease doesn't flow or level well in the steering box, I attach > a hose to the end of the grease tube and push it down as far into the box > as possible. Once the grease begins to emerge from the top, you know the > steering box is full. > > Best regards, > Harold > > > On Tue, Sep 1, 2026 at 10:38?PM Al Fuller wrote: > >> I used it for some years with good results. While it's technically an oil >> it's thick like grease, so warming it up before injection into the steering >> box helps. >> >> For best results you might want to get the old stuff out, but likely not >> strictly necessary. >> >> ________________ >> Sent from my phone >> Best Regards, >> Al Fuller >> >> On Wed, Sep 2, 2026, 4:43?AM Elton S wrote: >> >>> What is your collective wisdom in using John Deer Cornhead grease NLGI 0 >>> in a Healey steering box? I had been using Penrite steering box oil, but >>> the usual places seem to be out of it. >>> Elton >>> BJ7 >>> _______________________________________________ >>> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html >>> Suggested annual donation $12.75 >>> >>> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys >>> http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys >>> >>> Healeys at autox.team.net >>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys >>> >>> Unsubscribe/Manage: >>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/alfuller194 at gmail.com >>> >>> _______________________________________________ >> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html >> Suggested annual donation $12.75 >> >> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys >> http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys >> >> Healeys at autox.team.net >> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys >> >> Unsubscribe/Manage: >> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/manifold at telus.net >> >> _______________________________________________ > Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html > Suggested annual donation $12.75 > > Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys > http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys > > Healeys at autox.team.net > http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys > > Unsubscribe/Manage: > http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/boyracer466 at gmail.com > > > _______________________________________________ > Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html > Suggested annual donation $12.75 > > Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys > http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys > > Healeys at autox.team.net > http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys > > Unsubscribe/Manage: > http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/fsufan1952 at yahoo.com > > _______________________________________________ > Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html > Suggested annual donation $12.75 > > Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys > http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys > > Healeys at autox.team.net > http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys > > Unsubscribe/Manage: > http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/healey.nut at gmail.com > > -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: From healey.nut at gmail.com Thu Sep 3 14:27:16 2026 From: healey.nut at gmail.com (Alan Seigrist) Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2026 16:27:16 -0400 Subject: [Healeys] OD switch wrench In-Reply-To: References: <037d01dd3675$93af84d0$bb0e8e70$@sbcglobal.net> Message-ID: That's because lucas never used UNF - it will be a BA (for small stuff) or Whitworth spanner size. This size corresponds to an 11/16" Whitworth Spanner. On Tue, Sep 1, 2026 at 5:28?PM Bob Haskell wrote: > I bought a thin open ended wrench off of ebay and did some filing. Took > the switch off easily. > > So the next question - what's the thread size? Looks to be 5/8"-13 - 55 > degrees. Anyone know for sure? > > Cheers, > > Bob Haskell > Austin-Healey 3000 roadster registrar > > > On 8/27/26 18:44, JSARCH wrote: > > I I have uses this 1-3/16 wrench but I can't recall for certain because > it has been many years since I have had to remove the switch. It is about > 1/4" thick. > > > > Cheers, > > John > > '62 BT7 > > > > -----Original Message----- > > From: Healeys On Behalf Of Bob Haskell > > Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2026 5:26 AM > > To: Healey List > > Subject: [Healeys] OD switch wrench > > > > Listers, > > > > Anyone know the wrench used to remove the 3rd/4th gear OD switch from > the center shift gearbox. Appears to be 1-5/32" which is not a common > size. Thinking of getting a thin 1-1/8" open end wrench and opening it up > a bit. > > > > Cheers, > > > > Bob Haskell > > Austin-Healey 3000 roadster registrar > > > > _______________________________________________ > > Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html Suggested annual > donation $12.75 > > > > Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys > http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys > > > > Healeys at autox.team.net > > http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys > > > > Unsubscribe/Manage: > http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/jmsdarch at sbcglobal.net > > > > _______________________________________________ > Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html > Suggested annual donation $12.75 > > Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys > http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys > > Healeys at autox.team.net > http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys > > Unsubscribe/Manage: > http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/healey.nut at gmail.com > > -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: From alfuller194 at gmail.com Thu Sep 3 14:37:53 2026 From: alfuller194 at gmail.com (Al Fuller) Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2026 22:37:53 +0200 Subject: [Healeys] Generator In-Reply-To: References: Message-ID: Jon, any reason to not just take the existing generator to a rebuild shop and have it either IRAN'd or completely rebuilt? ________________ Sent from my phone Best Regards, Al Fuller On Wed, Sep 2, 2026, 6:37?PM Jonathan Einhorn wrote: > HI Team: I'm going to replace my generator in my BJ8. Is it the same > generator as in the 100-6? ARe there different sizes or models? I think > there is only one, but just checking. Racing this weekend at Lime Rock > (in a different Healey), if anyone is in the area. > > Thanks > jon > > -- > Jonathan J. Einhorn, Esq. > Attorney & Counselor at Law > 129 Whitney Avenue > > New Haven, CT. 06510 > > tel: 203-777-3777 > einhornlawoffice at gmail.com > fax: 203-782-1721 > cell: 203-623-7373 > _______________________________________________ > Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html > Suggested annual donation $12.75 > > Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys > http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys > > Healeys at autox.team.net > http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys > > Unsubscribe/Manage: > http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/alfuller194 at gmail.com > > -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: From rchaskell at earthlink.net Thu Sep 3 15:06:05 2026 From: rchaskell at earthlink.net (Bob Haskell) Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2026 17:06:05 -0400 Subject: [Healeys] OD switch wrench In-Reply-To: References: <037d01dd3675$93af84d0$bb0e8e70$@sbcglobal.net> Message-ID: <1c802548-b6b3-4ef8-9837-c64509f1b6c0@earthlink.net> Alan, It's not listed on many Whitworth charts.? 11/16 W is 1.200" AF. 1-5/32" is 1.156".? 0.044" difference.? Seems a bit sloppy, but not a lot of torque required. Thanks! Cheers, Bob Haskell Austin-Healey 3000 roadster registrar On 9/3/26 16:27, Alan Seigrist wrote: > That's because lucas never used UNF? - it will be a BA (for small > stuff) or Whitworth spanner size.? This size corresponds?to an 11/16" > Whitworth Spanner. > > On Tue, Sep 1, 2026 at 5:28?PM Bob Haskell > wrote: > > I bought a thin open ended wrench off of ebay and did some > filing.? Took > the switch off easily. > > So the next question - what's the thread size?? Looks to be > 5/8"-13 - 55 > degrees.? Anyone know for sure? > > Cheers, > > Bob Haskell > Austin-Healey 3000 roadster registrar > > > On 8/27/26 18:44, JSARCH wrote: > > I I have uses this 1-3/16 wrench but I can't recall for certain > because it has been many years since I have had to remove the > switch. It is about 1/4" thick. > > > > Cheers, > > John > > '62 BT7 > > > > -----Original Message----- > > From: Healeys On Behalf Of Bob > Haskell > > Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2026 5:26 AM > > To: Healey List > > Subject: [Healeys] OD switch wrench > > > > Listers, > > > > Anyone know the wrench used to remove the 3rd/4th gear OD switch > from the center shift gearbox.? Appears to be 1-5/32" which is not > a common size.? Thinking of getting a thin 1-1/8" open end wrench > and opening it up a bit. > > > > Cheers, > > > > Bob Haskell > > Austin-Healey 3000 roadster registrar > > > > _______________________________________________ > > Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html Suggested > annual donation? $12.75 > > > > Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys > http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys > > > > Healeys at autox.team.net > > http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys > > > > Unsubscribe/Manage: > http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/jmsdarch at sbcglobal.net > > > > _______________________________________________ > Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html > Suggested annual donation? $12.75 > > Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys > http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys > > Healeys at autox.team.net > http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys > > Unsubscribe/Manage: > http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/healey.nut at gmail.com > -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: From einhornlawoffice at gmail.com Thu Sep 3 15:55:50 2026 From: einhornlawoffice at gmail.com (Jonathan Einhorn) Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2026 17:55:50 -0400 Subject: [Healeys] Generator In-Reply-To: References: Message-ID: Not a bad idea: I?m sure there?s a place in New Haven. I?ll do that Jon Jonathan J. Einhorn, Esq. Attorney & Counselor at Law 129 Whitney Avenue New Haven, CT. 06510 tel: 203-777-3777 einhornlawoffice at gmail.com fax: 203-782-1721 cell: 203-623-7373 On Thu, Sep 3, 2026 at 4:38?PM Al Fuller wrote: > Jon, any reason to not just take the existing generator to a rebuild shop > and have it either IRAN'd or completely rebuilt? > > ________________ > Sent from my phone > Best Regards, > Al Fuller > > On Wed, Sep 2, 2026, 6:37?PM Jonathan Einhorn > wrote: > >> HI Team: I'm going to replace my generator in my BJ8. Is it the same >> generator as in the 100-6? ARe there different sizes or models? I think >> there is only one, but just checking. Racing this weekend at Lime Rock >> (in a different Healey), if anyone is in the area. >> >> Thanks >> jon >> >> -- >> Jonathan J. Einhorn, Esq. >> Attorney & Counselor at Law >> 129 Whitney Avenue >> >> New Haven, CT. 06510 >> >> tel: 203-777-3777 >> einhornlawoffice at gmail.com >> fax: 203-782-1721 >> cell: 203-623-7373 >> > _______________________________________________ >> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html >> Suggested annual donation $12.75 >> >> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys >> http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys >> >> Healeys at autox.team.net >> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys >> >> Unsubscribe/Manage: >> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/alfuller194 at gmail.com >> >> -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: From alfuller194 at gmail.com Sat Sep 5 15:00:19 2026 From: alfuller194 at gmail.com (Al Fuller) Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2026 23:00:19 +0200 Subject: [Healeys] Generator In-Reply-To: References: Message-ID: Well, the factory generator lasted 50+ years. Hopefully a good rebuild will set it up for another 50! ________________ Sent from my phone Best Regards, Al Fuller On Thu, Sep 3, 2026, 11:56?PM Jonathan Einhorn wrote: > Not a bad idea: I?m sure there?s a place in New Haven. I?ll do that > Jon > > > Jonathan J. Einhorn, Esq. > Attorney & Counselor at Law > 129 Whitney Avenue > > New Haven, CT. 06510 > > tel: 203-777-3777 > einhornlawoffice at gmail.com > fax: 203-782-1721 > cell: 203-623-7373 > > On Thu, Sep 3, 2026 at 4:38?PM Al Fuller wrote: > >> Jon, any reason to not just take the existing generator to a rebuild shop >> and have it either IRAN'd or completely rebuilt? >> >> ________________ >> Sent from my phone >> Best Regards, >> Al Fuller >> >> On Wed, Sep 2, 2026, 6:37?PM Jonathan Einhorn >> wrote: >> >>> HI Team: I'm going to replace my generator in my BJ8. Is it the same >>> generator as in the 100-6? ARe there different sizes or models? I think >>> there is only one, but just checking. Racing this weekend at Lime Rock >>> (in a different Healey), if anyone is in the area. >>> >>> Thanks >>> jon >>> >>> -- >>> Jonathan J. Einhorn, Esq. >>> Attorney & Counselor at Law >>> 129 Whitney Avenue >>> >>> New Haven, CT. 06510 >>> >>> tel: 203-777-3777 >>> einhornlawoffice at gmail.com >>> fax: 203-782-1721 >>> cell: 203-623-7373 >>> >> _______________________________________________ >>> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html >>> Suggested annual donation $12.75 >>> >>> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys >>> http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys >>> >>> Healeys at autox.team.net >>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys >>> >>> Unsubscribe/Manage: >>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/alfuller194 at gmail.com >>> >>> -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: From eyera3000 at gmail.com Sat Sep 5 21:45:03 2026 From: eyera3000 at gmail.com (vfwac@vfw.org) Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2026 20:45:03 -0700 Subject: [Healeys] Brake fluid Message-ID: I drove my BN4 today after a five month rest I drove to our local ABFM. On my way back I noticed that the brake pedal felt harder and the front disc brakes had a longer stopping distance. Before I pulled it into the garage I noticed brake fluid on the driveway pan, so I checked the reservoir. It was 3/4 empty. The bottom of the tank was dry. Any ideas on where I should look? The leak is towards the front left. Could it be a leaking caliper? Ira Erbs Milwaukie, OR 1959 Austin Healey 100-6 -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: From manifold at telus.net Sun Sep 6 09:49:59 2026 From: manifold at telus.net (Harold Manifold) Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2026 08:49:59 -0700 Subject: [Healeys] Brake fluid In-Reply-To: References: Message-ID: Hi Ira, It could be the fittings at the bottom of the reservoir tank, which is located near the front left. Best, Harold On Sat, Sep 5, 2026 at 9:00?PM vfwac at vfw.org wrote: > > I drove my BN4 today after a five month rest I drove to our local ABFM. On > my way back I noticed that the brake pedal felt harder and the front disc > brakes had a longer stopping distance. Before I pulled it into the garage I > noticed brake fluid on the driveway pan, so I checked the reservoir. It was > 3/4 empty. The bottom of the tank was dry. Any ideas on where I should > look? The leak is towards the front left. Could it be a leaking caliper? > > Ira Erbs > Milwaukie, OR > 1959 Austin Healey 100-6 > _______________________________________________ > Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html > Suggested annual donation $12.75 > > Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys > http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys > > Healeys at autox.team.net > http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys > > Unsubscribe/Manage: > http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/manifold at telus.net > > -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: From michael.salter at gmail.com Sun Sep 6 10:19:23 2026 From: michael.salter at gmail.com (Michael Salter) Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2026 16:19:23 +0000 Subject: [Healeys] Brake fluid In-Reply-To: References: Message-ID: The symptoms that you describe are very like a failed brake servo unit Ira. Has one been fitted to your car by chance? M ________________________________ From: Healeys on behalf of Harold Manifold Sent: Sunday, 06 September 2026 11:49:59 To: vfwac at vfw.org Cc: Ahealey help Subject: Re: [Healeys] Brake fluid Hi Ira, It could be the fittings at the bottom of the reservoir tank, which is located near the front left. Best, Harold On Sat, Sep 5, 2026 at 9:00?PM vfwac at vfw.org > wrote: I drove my BN4 today after a five month rest I drove to our local ABFM. On my way back I noticed that the brake pedal felt harder and the front disc brakes had a longer stopping distance. Before I pulled it into the garage I noticed brake fluid on the driveway pan, so I checked the reservoir. It was 3/4 empty. The bottom of the tank was dry. Any ideas on where I should look? The leak is towards the front left. Could it be a leaking caliper? Ira Erbs Milwaukie, OR 1959 Austin Healey 100-6 _______________________________________________ Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html Suggested annual donation $12.75 Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys Healeys at autox.team.net http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/manifold at telus.net -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: From gradea1 at charter.net Sun Sep 6 10:56:43 2026 From: gradea1 at charter.net (Hank Leach) Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2026 16:56:43 +0000 Subject: [Healeys] Brake fluid Message-ID: <1a3ad6f7-d476-092e-ff5e-b34a4dd87494@charter.net> An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: From mark at bradakis.com Sun Sep 6 21:32:47 2026 From: mark at bradakis.com (Mark Bradakis) Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2026 21:32:47 -0600 Subject: [Healeys] Another interesting video from Jack at No. 27 Message-ID: Austin Healey 100: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkyZuSCtJfQ&t=11s mjb. From eyera3000 at gmail.com Tue Sep 8 19:42:37 2026 From: eyera3000 at gmail.com (vfwac@vfw.org) Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2026 18:42:37 -0700 Subject: [Healeys] Brake fluid leak Message-ID: I drove my Healey to our local ABFM. On the way home the brakes felt hard and stopping distances were longer. I have early MK1 disc brakes. When I got home I saw a puddle of clean flying on the drip pan under my front left caliper or brake tank. No leaks under the tank. The tank was nearly empty. So hose or caliper. I have not checked yet. But will try to get it off the ground this weekend. Any recommendations for rebuilders if it's the caliper. Apple hydraulics used to be good. Are they still? It has early MK1 calipers. So I most likely will need to send them out. Thanks for any advice. Ira Erbs Milwaukie, OR 1959 Austin Healey 100-6 -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: From goldengt at cal.net Wed Sep 9 09:23:05 2026 From: goldengt at cal.net (Ken) Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2026 08:23:05 -0700 Subject: [Healeys] Brake fluid leak In-Reply-To: Message-ID: <4hg4Ly4H6czSySTH@allmail.cal.net> I am satisfied with Rebuilt Caliper Headquarters of America. They did a presentation at CHW. I have them on my BJ8.Ken Freese65 BJ8Sent from my Galaxy -------- Original message --------From: "vfwac at vfw.org" Date: 9/9/26 5:57 AM (GMT-08:00) To: Ahealey help Subject: [Healeys] Brake fluid leak I drove my Healey to our local ABFM. On the way home the brakes felt hard and stopping distances were longer. I have early MK1 disc brakes.When I got home I saw a puddle of clean flying on the drip pan under my front left caliper or brake tank. No leaks under the tank. The tank was nearly empty. So hose or caliper. I have not checked yet. But will try to get it off the ground this weekend. Any recommendations for rebuilders if it's the caliper. Apple hydraulics used to be good. Are they still?It has early MK1 calipers. So I most likely will need to send them out.Thanks for any advice.Ira ErbsMilwaukie, OR1959 Austin Healey 100-6 -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: From boyracer466 at gmail.com Wed Sep 9 10:26:33 2026 From: boyracer466 at gmail.com (richard mayor) Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2026 09:26:33 -0700 Subject: [Healeys] Brake fluid leak In-Reply-To: <4hg4Ly4H6czSySTH@allmail.cal.net> References: <4hg4Ly4H6czSySTH@allmail.cal.net> Message-ID: <7F61E9DA-653A-4016-A0FA-F13F8CF08D0F@gmail.com> I will be doing a caliper rebuilding tech session at an Oregon Club meeting later this year. Richard Mayor boyracer466 at gmail.com > On Sep 9, 2026, at 8:23?AM, Ken via Healeys wrote: > > I am satisfied with Rebuilt Caliper Headquarters of America. They did a presentation at CHW. I have them on my BJ8. > Ken Freese > 65 BJ8 > > > > Sent from my Galaxy > > > -------- Original message -------- > From: "vfwac at vfw.org" > Date: 9/9/26 5:57 AM (GMT-08:00) > To: Ahealey help > Subject: [Healeys] Brake fluid leak > > I drove my Healey to our local ABFM. On the way home the brakes felt hard and stopping distances were longer. I have early MK1 disc brakes. > When I got home I saw a puddle of clean flying on the drip pan under my front left caliper or brake tank. No leaks under the tank. The tank was nearly empty. So hose or caliper. I have not checked yet. But will try to get it off the ground this weekend. Any recommendations for rebuilders if it's the caliper. Apple hydraulics used to be good. Are they still? > It has early MK1 calipers. So I most likely will need to send them out. > Thanks for any advice. > > Ira Erbs > Milwaukie, OR > 1959 Austin Healey 100-6 > _______________________________________________ > Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html > Suggested annual donation $12.75 > > Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys > > Healeys at autox.team.net > http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys > > Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/boyracer466 at gmail.com > -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: From bspidell at comcast.net Sun Sep 13 17:41:44 2026 From: bspidell at comcast.net (Bob Spidell) Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2026 16:41:44 -0700 Subject: [Healeys] Healey Sighting Message-ID: <2bf04643-2953-4156-a102-2cbfcf54f15d@comcast.net> Anyone else catch the Healey in the Chase Sapphire Gold CC commercial, with a photogenic (of course) young couple apparently driving around Italy? Only the cockpit and some of the upper body shown; looks to be a BJ7 or 8 in Healey Blue. I caught it in the 4th quarter of the Raiders v. Dolphins game. The old girl's still got it ? bs From tfsbj7 at gmail.com Sun Sep 13 19:13:26 2026 From: tfsbj7 at gmail.com (Skip Saunders) Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2026 21:13:26 -0400 Subject: [Healeys] Healey Sighting In-Reply-To: <2bf04643-2953-4156-a102-2cbfcf54f15d@comcast.net> References: <2bf04643-2953-4156-a102-2cbfcf54f15d@comcast.net> Message-ID: yep,? I saw it earlier in the week too ... On 9/13/2026 7:41 PM, Bob Spidell via Healeys wrote: > Anyone else catch the Healey in the Chase Sapphire Gold CC commercial, > with a photogenic (of course) young couple apparently driving around > Italy? Only the cockpit and some of the upper body shown; looks to be > a BJ7 or 8 in Healey Blue. I caught it in the 4th quarter of the > Raiders v. Dolphins game. > > The old girl's still got it ? > > bs > _______________________________________________ > Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html > Suggested annual donation? $12.75 > > Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys > http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys > > Healeys at autox.team.net > http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys > > Unsubscribe/Manage: > http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/tfsbj7 at gmail.com From s.hutchings at rogers.com Mon Sep 14 06:48:45 2026 From: s.hutchings at rogers.com (Stephen Hutchings) Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2026 14:48:45 +0200 Subject: [Healeys] Driving in Provence References: Message-ID: I decided to treat myself because I had a significant birthday this year, and I rented an MGB for most of last week in Provence. My daughter lives in Marseille so my wife and I usually visit in September. I could have had a Healey (BJ7) but I wanted to try something different, and the MG was a little cheaper. I missed the grunt of the Healey at times, but I loved the steering and handling of the MGB, and the roads are terrific?the rental agreement states that you?re not allowed to venture onto the main motorways and the speed is restricted to 60 mph, but who cares? The BMC 1800 BMC engine feels like it?s revving quite high at 50 in 4th gear?too bad only 20% of them came with O/D. The stable my car came out of also had a few other British sports cars, and a couple of genuine Porsche Speedsters?I would not want to be responsible for the flawless black paint on one of those Speedsters! You?re bound to be threading some narrow village streets with local drivers coming the other way, and giving no quarter. Anyway, a great experience, and much cheaper than shipping the Healey over, I highly recommend it! Stephen, BJ8 Sent from my iPad From joe at farley.net Mon Sep 14 13:50:03 2026 From: joe at farley.net (Joseph Farley) Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2026 12:50:03 -0700 Subject: [Healeys] amazon subscriptions Message-ID: <0bf854b4-912e-4549-bbfc-eac7ff42967c@farley.net> Subscription Payment method Renewal date Next renewal price BritBox Standard Amazon Pay Sep 17, 2026 $10.99/month Cancel Change plan Acorn TV Amazon Pay Sep 27, 2026 $9.99/month Cancel Change plan HBO Max Standard Amazon Pay Sep 21, 2026 $18.49/month Cancel Change plan STARZ Amazon Pay Sep 30, 2026 $11.99/month Cancel Change plan MUBI Amazon Pay Sep 27, 2026 $14.99/month Cancel PBS Masterpiece Amazon Pay Oct 7, 2026 $6.99/month Cancel Change plan Paramount+ Premium Amazon Pay Oct 3, 2026 $13.99/month Cancel Change plan -- Joseph Farley 415-827-0601 -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: joe.vcf Type: text/vcard Size: 233 bytes Desc: not available URL: From healey.nut at gmail.com Tue Sep 15 08:13:56 2026 From: healey.nut at gmail.com (Alan Seigrist) Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2026 10:13:56 -0400 Subject: [Healeys] Driving in Provence In-Reply-To: References: Message-ID: That's funny. The reason why I bought my first BJ8 in 1985 was because my mom gave me her California gulp valved '79 MGB when I was in high school, and it was too slow. It was a fun car to drive but was an absolute gutless wonder and coolant always had a penchant for leaking onto the distributor. A particular favorite was the Stromberg carb had multiple avenues to leak fuel onto the red hot catalyctic converter, so going on trips longer than 100 miles usually resulted in more than a 50/50 chance of engine fire. Luckily I always carried a fire extinguisher and never let the engine fires get past the damage phase. I almost died in a head on after I realised the car was not able to really pass another car doing 55 on a two lane country road. Of course knowing what I know now, I would have removed the cat, put dual SUs on it, removed the gulp valve and air pump, and probably removed the rubber bumpers too if I could. The other option was buy an old BJ8 and throw lots of money at it over the decades. I chose the latter. On Mon, Sep 14, 2026 at 9:06?AM Stephen Hutchings wrote: > I decided to treat myself because I had a significant birthday this year, > and I rented an MGB for most of last week in Provence. My daughter lives in > Marseille so my wife and I usually visit in September. > I could have had a Healey (BJ7) but I wanted to try something different, > and the MG was a little cheaper. > I missed the grunt of the Healey at times, but I loved the steering and > handling of the MGB, and the roads are terrific?the rental agreement states > that you?re not allowed to venture onto the main motorways and the speed is > restricted to 60 mph, but who cares? The BMC 1800 BMC engine feels like > it?s revving quite high at 50 in 4th gear?too bad only 20% of them came > with O/D. > The stable my car came out of also had a few other British sports cars, > and a couple of genuine Porsche Speedsters?I would not want to be > responsible for the flawless black paint on one of those Speedsters! You?re > bound to be threading some narrow village streets with local drivers coming > the other way, and giving no quarter. > Anyway, a great experience, and much cheaper than shipping the Healey > over, I highly recommend it! > > Stephen, BJ8 > > Sent from my iPad > _______________________________________________ > Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html > Suggested annual donation $12.75 > > Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys > http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys > > Healeys at autox.team.net > http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys > > Unsubscribe/Manage: > http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/healey.nut at gmail.com > > -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: From bspidell at comcast.net Wed Sep 16 21:45:09 2026 From: bspidell at comcast.net (Bob Spidell) Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2026 20:45:09 -0700 Subject: [Healeys] Probably AI, but still good ... Message-ID: <2687d435-8980-4e69-8f55-fe54b0294a20@comcast.net> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivryGXtzu18 From bspidell at comcast.net Thu Sep 17 10:13:35 2026 From: bspidell at comcast.net (Bob Spidell) Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2026 09:13:35 -0700 Subject: [Healeys] Seeking List Wisdom Message-ID: I've had an intermittent issue with my BJ8 O/D. It doesn't engage reliably, but does maybe 1 out of 10 attempts. I think I've ruled out electrical issues, as the solenoid activates reliably. I checked the hydraulic pressure, it's just under 400 PSI. I know that's low per the shop manual (470-490), but it has worked reliably for years and had the same pressure after an overhaul. Q1: Any ideas why it has stopped engaging after years and thousands of miles? Q2: If it's the pump, can these be changed out in situ? TIA, Bob From jmsdarch at sbcglobal.net Thu Sep 17 12:52:27 2026 From: jmsdarch at sbcglobal.net (JSARCH) Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2026 11:52:27 -0700 Subject: [Healeys] Seeking List Wisdom In-Reply-To: References: Message-ID: <014801dd46d5$b0bc9430$1235bc90$@sbcglobal.net> I had a problem where my OD would engage but would stop working after it heated up. It turned out to be a problem with the accumulator piston assembly not holding pressure. The piston, rings and housing can be removed in situ using a small piston ring expander to grip against the inside walls of the housing. John, '62 BT7 -----Original Message----- From: Healeys On Behalf Of Bob Spidell via Healeys Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2026 9:14 AM To: Healeys Subject: [Healeys] Seeking List Wisdom I've had an intermittent issue with my BJ8 O/D. It doesn't engage reliably, but does maybe 1 out of 10 attempts. I think I've ruled out electrical issues, as the solenoid activates reliably. I checked the hydraulic pressure, it's just under 400 PSI. I know that's low per the shop manual (470-490), but it has worked reliably for years and had the same pressure after an overhaul. Q1: Any ideas why it has stopped engaging after years and thousands of miles? Q2: If it's the pump, can these be changed out in situ? TIA, Bob _______________________________________________ Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html Suggested annual donation $12.75 Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys Healeys at autox.team.net http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/jmsdarch at sbcglobal.net -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: image001.jpg Type: image/jpeg Size: 6589 bytes Desc: not available URL: From bspidell at comcast.net Thu Sep 17 13:04:16 2026 From: bspidell at comcast.net (Bob Spidell) Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2026 12:04:16 -0700 Subject: [Healeys] Seeking List Wisdom In-Reply-To: <014801dd46d5$b0bc9430$1235bc90$@sbcglobal.net> References: <014801dd46d5$b0bc9430$1235bc90$@sbcglobal.net> Message-ID: <9e907981-cd23-4138-a17c-d74685dda10b@comcast.net> Thanks, John. Something to consider, but I replaced the accumulator cylinder, piston and spring with DWM 'uprated' parts when I overhauled it (only a few thousand miles ago). My hydraulic pressure has been consistent and steady--on- and off-idle--but on the low side. Do you know what your pressure was? Anyone else running the DWM gear? bs On 9/17/2026 11:52 AM, JSARCH wrote: > > I had a problem where my OD would engage but would stop working after > it heated up. It turned out to be a problem with the accumulator > piston assembly not holding pressure. The piston, rings and housing > can be removed in situ using a small piston ring expander to grip > against the inside walls of the housing. > > John, > > '62 BT7 > > -----Original Message----- > From: Healeys On Behalf Of Bob > Spidell via Healeys > Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2026 9:14 AM > To: Healeys > Subject: [Healeys] Seeking List Wisdom > > I've had an intermittent issue with my BJ8 O/D. It doesn't engage > reliably, but does maybe 1 out of 10 attempts. I think I've ruled out > electrical issues, as the solenoid activates reliably. I checked the > hydraulic pressure, it's just under 400 PSI. I know that's low per the > shop manual (470-490), but it has worked reliably for years and had > the same pressure after an overhaul. > > Q1: Any ideas why it has stopped engaging after years and thousands of > miles? > > Q2: If it's the pump, can these be changed out in situ? > > TIA, > > Bob > > _______________________________________________ > > Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html > Suggested annual donation? $12.75 > > Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys > > http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys > > > Healeys at autox.team.net > > http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys > > > Unsubscribe/Manage: > http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/jmsdarch at sbcglobal.net > > -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: image001.jpg Type: image/jpeg Size: 6589 bytes Desc: not available URL: From jmsdarch at sbcglobal.net Thu Sep 17 13:52:38 2026 From: jmsdarch at sbcglobal.net (JSARCH) Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2026 12:52:38 -0700 Subject: [Healeys] Seeking List Wisdom In-Reply-To: <9e907981-cd23-4138-a17c-d74685dda10b@comcast.net> References: <014801dd46d5$b0bc9430$1235bc90$@sbcglobal.net> <9e907981-cd23-4138-a17c-d74685dda10b@comcast.net> Message-ID: <016301dd46de$1873a8e0$495afaa0$@sbcglobal.net> Bob, I don?t recall the exact pressure but it was good after I replaced the piston and housing. However, I got to thinking, can you hear the solenoid engage? Have you gone through the OD trouble shooting list? JS From: Bob Spidell Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2026 12:04 PM To: JSARCH ; 'Healeys' Subject: Re: [Healeys] Seeking List Wisdom Thanks, John. Something to consider, but I replaced the accumulator cylinder, piston and spring with DWM 'uprated' parts when I overhauled it (only a few thousand miles ago). My hydraulic pressure has been consistent and steady--on- and off-idle--but on the low side. Do you know what your pressure was? Anyone else running the DWM gear? bs On 9/17/2026 11:52 AM, JSARCH wrote: I had a problem where my OD would engage but would stop working after it heated up. It turned out to be a problem with the accumulator piston assembly not holding pressure. The piston, rings and housing can be removed in situ using a small piston ring expander to grip against the inside walls of the housing. John, '62 BT7 -----Original Message----- From: Healeys On Behalf Of Bob Spidell via Healeys Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2026 9:14 AM To: Healeys Subject: [Healeys] Seeking List Wisdom I've had an intermittent issue with my BJ8 O/D. It doesn't engage reliably, but does maybe 1 out of 10 attempts. I think I've ruled out electrical issues, as the solenoid activates reliably. I checked the hydraulic pressure, it's just under 400 PSI. I know that's low per the shop manual (470-490), but it has worked reliably for years and had the same pressure after an overhaul. Q1: Any ideas why it has stopped engaging after years and thousands of miles? Q2: If it's the pump, can these be changed out in situ? TIA, Bob _______________________________________________ Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html Suggested annual donation $12.75 Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys Healeys at autox.team.net http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/jmsdarch at sbcglobal.net -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: image001.jpg Type: image/jpeg Size: 6589 bytes Desc: not available URL: From rantal243 at yahoo.com Thu Sep 17 15:38:00 2026 From: rantal243 at yahoo.com (Richard Antal) Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2026 21:38:00 +0000 (UTC) Subject: [Healeys] BANG! References: <946871525.950079.1789681080018.ref@mail.yahoo.com> Message-ID: <946871525.950079.1789681080018@mail.yahoo.com> Salutations fellow Healeyphiles,? ? ?I came to a stop sign on the steep uphill slope and wanted to enter a busy road with a lot of traffic going 40mph. A window of opportunity presented itself finally. The stick was in 1st, my foot on the depressed clutch pedal. I?quickly move my right foot from. the brake, gunned the engine and quickly released the clutch. The car lurched forward the saluted me with a loud bang which I could feel through the floor and immediately became lost propulsion. No response to the stick in any gear. The initial lurch allowed me to ooze across the road and get most of the car out of traffic. The engine was running just fine. AAA to the rescue. I and my 65 BJ8 rode to Competition Motors in Portsmouth NH where they do extensive work on vintage cars of all makes. I await their diagnosis. What happened? What horrendous bill am I looking forward to? Thanks for your wisdom.Rich Antal -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: From watterbury at yahoo.com Thu Sep 17 16:41:26 2026 From: watterbury at yahoo.com (William Atterbury) Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2026 22:41:26 +0000 (UTC) Subject: [Healeys] Seeking List Wisdom In-Reply-To: References: Message-ID: <1793235664.961461.1789684886908@mail.yahoo.com> Hey Bob,Doesn't sound like the pump - 400 psi is good, but this can be removed/resealed in situ.Your clue would be that it might engage at high roadspeed but not at low. I had a solenoid that was 'weak' and behaved like yours.? It functioned, but resistance was high and pull force was low.It might throw but have marginal force to open the ball valve when under pressure. Best way to isolate this is to check resistance or current of the solenoid. Good Luck!------------------------------ Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2026 09:13:35 -0700From: Bob Spidell To: Healeys Subject: [Healeys] Seeking List Wisdom Message-ID: Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed I've had an intermittent issue with my BJ8 O/D. It doesn't engage reliably, but does maybe 1 out of 10 attempts. I think I've ruled out electrical issues, as the solenoid activates reliably. I checked the hydraulic pressure, it's just under 400 PSI. I know that's low per the shop manual (470-490), but it has worked reliably for years and had the same pressure after an overhaul. Q1: Any ideas why it has stopped engaging after years and thousands of miles? Q2: If it's the pump, can these be changed out in situ? TIA, Bob -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: From michael.salter at gmail.com Thu Sep 17 16:51:59 2026 From: michael.salter at gmail.com (Michael Salter) Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2026 22:51:59 +0000 Subject: [Healeys] Seeking List Wisdom In-Reply-To: <1793235664.961461.1789684886908@mail.yahoo.com> References: <1793235664.961461.1789684886908@mail.yahoo.com> Message-ID: To positively determine if the problem lies with the operating system or the unit itself it's best to run it with the gearbox cover off and operate the checking lever. ________________________________ From: Healeys on behalf of William Atterbury via Healeys Sent: Thursday, 17 September 2026 18:41:26 To: healeys at autox.team.net Subject: Re: [Healeys] Seeking List Wisdom Hey Bob, Doesn't sound like the pump - 400 psi is good, but this can be removed/resealed in situ. Your clue would be that it might engage at high roadspeed but not at low. I had a solenoid that was 'weak' and behaved like yours. It functioned, but resistance was high and pull force was low. It might throw but have marginal force to open the ball valve when under pressure. Best way to isolate this is to check resistance or current of the solenoid. Good Luck! ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2026 09:13:35 -0700 From: Bob Spidell > To: Healeys > Subject: [Healeys] Seeking List Wisdom Message-ID: > Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed I've had an intermittent issue with my BJ8 O/D. It doesn't engage reliably, but does maybe 1 out of 10 attempts. I think I've ruled out electrical issues, as the solenoid activates reliably. I checked the hydraulic pressure, it's just under 400 PSI. I know that's low per the shop manual (470-490), but it has worked reliably for years and had the same pressure after an overhaul. Q1: Any ideas why it has stopped engaging after years and thousands of miles? Q2: If it's the pump, can these be changed out in situ? TIA, Bob -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: From michael.oritt at gmail.com Thu Sep 17 17:31:38 2026 From: michael.oritt at gmail.com (Michael Oritt) Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2026 19:31:38 -0400 Subject: [Healeys] BANG! In-Reply-To: <946871525.950079.1789681080018@mail.yahoo.com> References: <946871525.950079.1789681080018.ref@mail.yahoo.com> <946871525.950079.1789681080018@mail.yahoo.com> Message-ID: Any steam or smoke? A bunch of years ago the head gasket suddenly blew on my car and it sounded like someone fired off a shot along with a lot of water vapor. Best--Michael Oritt. On Thu, Sep 17, 2026 at 6:03?PM Richard Antal via Healeys < healeys at autox.team.net> wrote: > Salutations fellow Healeyphiles, > I came to a stop sign on the steep uphill slope and wanted to enter a > busy road with a lot of traffic going 40mph. A window of opportunity > presented itself finally. The stick was in 1st, my foot on the depressed > clutch pedal. I > quickly move my right foot from. the brake, gunned the engine and quickly > released the clutch. The car lurched forward the saluted me with a loud > bang which I could feel through the floor and immediately became lost > propulsion. No response to the stick in any gear. The initial lurch allowed > me to ooze across the road and get most of the car out of traffic. The > engine was running just fine. AAA to the rescue. I and my 65 BJ8 rode to > Competition Motors in Portsmouth NH where they do extensive work on vintage > cars of all makes. I await their diagnosis. What happened? What horrendous > bill am I looking forward to? Thanks for your wisdom. > Rich Antal > _______________________________________________ > Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html > Suggested annual donation $12.75 > > Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys > http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys > > Healeys at autox.team.net > http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys > > Unsubscribe/Manage: > http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/michael.oritt at gmail.com > > -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: From p.cquinn at outlook.com Thu Sep 17 17:39:33 2026 From: p.cquinn at outlook.com (Patrick and Caroline Quinn) Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2026 23:39:33 +0000 Subject: [Healeys] BANG! In-Reply-To: <946871525.950079.1789681080018@mail.yahoo.com> References: <946871525.950079.1789681080018.ref@mail.yahoo.com> <946871525.950079.1789681080018@mail.yahoo.com> Message-ID: Hello Richard A few years back I had the same bang once in a BJ8 I owned. Gearbox out, new clutch plate in and gearbox back in. Fixed! Just last weekend we had expensive metal grinding noises from the BN3?s gearbox. Managed to get home, but the gearbox will have to come out and be dismantled. Old cars as so much fun!!!! Hoo Roo Patrick Quinn Blue Mountains Australia From: Healeys On Behalf Of Richard Antal via Healeys Sent: Friday, 18 September 2026 7:38 AM To: healeys at autox.team.net Subject: [Healeys] BANG! Salutations fellow Healeyphiles, I came to a stop sign on the steep uphill slope and wanted to enter a busy road with a lot of traffic going 40mph. A window of opportunity presented itself finally. The stick was in 1st, my foot on the depressed clutch pedal. I quickly move my right foot from. the brake, gunned the engine and quickly released the clutch. The car lurched forward the saluted me with a loud bang which I could feel through the floor and immediately became lost propulsion. No response to the stick in any gear. The initial lurch allowed me to ooze across the road and get most of the car out of traffic. The engine was running just fine. AAA to the rescue. I and my 65 BJ8 rode to Competition Motors in Portsmouth NH where they do extensive work on vintage cars of all makes. I await their diagnosis. What happened? What horrendous bill am I looking forward to? Thanks for your wisdom. Rich Antal -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: From gradea1 at charter.net Thu Sep 17 18:05:56 2026 From: gradea1 at charter.net (Hank Leach) Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2026 00:05:56 +0000 Subject: [Healeys] Seeking List Wisdom Message-ID: <35ad0f3c-9e93-3d2f-6709-592ef6f80080@charter.net> An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: pegged at 560.jpg Type: image/jpeg Size: 73761 bytes Desc: not available URL: From gradea1 at charter.net Thu Sep 17 18:06:51 2026 From: gradea1 at charter.net (Hank Leach) Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2026 00:06:51 +0000 Subject: [Healeys] BANG! Message-ID: <65af3682-b203-889d-0914-46527e65f0f3@charter.net> An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: From simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com Fri Sep 18 04:03:24 2026 From: simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com (simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com) Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2026 11:03:24 +0100 Subject: [Healeys] Seeking List Wisdom In-Reply-To: <35ad0f3c-9e93-3d2f-6709-592ef6f80080@charter.net> References: <35ad0f3c-9e93-3d2f-6709-592ef6f80080@charter.net> Message-ID: <006101dd4754$f3659a50$da30cef0$@alexarevel.plus.com> If you decide to remove the accumulator and it, per usual, declines to budge, then you?ll need a little help. I faced this issue and determined to do it on the cheap. Subsequently, I wrote something for our local mag. Here?s an extract that may help:- Extracting the accumulator is one of those things that usually requires the use of a ?Special Tool?, which is unobtainable at any price. Or, one of one?s own invention. My accumulator wouldn?t come out and I felt that most people?s suggestions were way too complex. In the end I took a short length of broom handle and shaved it down until it would just squeeze into the accumulator housing. Then I cut it in two longitudinally. Finally, I shaved the last 2 or 3 inches quite considerably back on the two inside faces of the end that would protrude. Rather like an old-fashioned clothes peg. The idea being that squeezing those ends together would force the other ends apart. They would thus grab onto the bore and allow one to pull it out. The best way to achieve maximum squeeze is with a Jubilee Clip. Insert tapered end, tighten Jubilee Clip and pull. It works and it can all be made from scrap!? Worked for me. Cost nothing. Took no time to make. Still have it and pray never to have to use it again!! Best of luck, Simon -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: image001.jpg Type: image/jpeg Size: 79549 bytes Desc: not available URL: -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: image003.jpg Type: image/jpeg Size: 13112 bytes Desc: not available URL: From simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com Fri Sep 18 04:14:52 2026 From: simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com (simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com) Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2026 11:14:52 +0100 Subject: [Healeys] BANG! In-Reply-To: <946871525.950079.1789681080018@mail.yahoo.com> References: <946871525.950079.1789681080018.ref@mail.yahoo.com> <946871525.950079.1789681080018@mail.yahoo.com> Message-ID: <007d01dd4756$8bdc8ef0$a395acd0$@alexarevel.plus.com> I had something quite similar recently. No ?BANG?, but some very nasty noises indeed. In my case, the carbon thrust bearing thingie was giving up. One of its clips was half on/half off. Luckily, MOWOG(?) in their wisdom allowed for the future invention of an endoscope. There is a suitable hole in the casing through which you can insert yr scope and inspect the bearing or whatever else may be in bits!! At a guess, you could do it from underneath if the car was high enough. My car is a BT7 so removal of the tunnel cover is a bore but not the drama that I?m told it is in a BJ8 so I went in from above. Best of luck anyhow, Simon From: Healeys On Behalf Of Richard Antal via Healeys Sent: 17 September 2026 22:38 To: healeys at autox.team.net Subject: [Healeys] BANG! Salutations fellow Healeyphiles, I came to a stop sign on the steep uphill slope and wanted to enter a busy road with a lot of traffic going 40mph. A window of opportunity presented itself finally. The stick was in 1st, my foot on the depressed clutch pedal. I quickly move my right foot from. the brake, gunned the engine and quickly released the clutch. The car lurched forward the saluted me with a loud bang which I could feel through the floor and immediately became lost propulsion. No response to the stick in any gear. The initial lurch allowed me to ooze across the road and get most of the car out of traffic. The engine was running just fine. AAA to the rescue. I and my 65 BJ8 rode to Competition Motors in Portsmouth NH where they do extensive work on vintage cars of all makes. I await their diagnosis. What happened? What horrendous bill am I looking forward to? Thanks for your wisdom. Rich Antal -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: From healeydoc at gmail.com Fri Sep 18 07:42:53 2026 From: healeydoc at gmail.com (David Nock) Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2026 06:42:53 -0700 Subject: [Healeys] BANG! In-Reply-To: <007d01dd4756$8bdc8ef0$a395acd0$@alexarevel.plus.com> References: <007d01dd4756$8bdc8ef0$a395acd0$@alexarevel.plus.com> Message-ID: <2E48FBC3-7CE9-43A8-8AAE-5B241D2B7529@gmail.com> Sounds like a broken axle. Driveshaft universals would have been hive you a klunk noise for a long time before breaking. David Nock Sent from my iPhone > On Sep 18, 2026, at 4:07?AM, Simon Lachlan via Healeys wrote: > > ? > I had something quite similar recently. No ?BANG?, but some very nasty noises indeed. In my case, the carbon thrust bearing thingie was giving up. One of its clips was half on/half off. Luckily, MOWOG(?) in their wisdom allowed for the future invention of an endoscope. There is a suitable hole in the casing through which you can insert yr scope and inspect the bearing or whatever else may be in bits!! > At a guess, you could do it from underneath if the car was high enough. My car is a BT7 so removal of the tunnel cover is a bore but not the drama that I?m told it is in a BJ8 so I went in from above. > Best of luck anyhow, Simon > > From: Healeys On Behalf Of Richard Antal via Healeys > Sent: 17 September 2026 22:38 > To: healeys at autox.team.net > Subject: [Healeys] BANG! > > Salutations fellow Healeyphiles, > I came to a stop sign on the steep uphill slope and wanted to enter a busy road with a lot of traffic going 40mph. A window of opportunity presented itself finally. The stick was in 1st, my foot on the depressed clutch pedal. I > quickly move my right foot from. the brake, gunned the engine and quickly released the clutch. The car lurched forward the saluted me with a loud bang which I could feel through the floor and immediately became lost propulsion. No response to the stick in any gear. The initial lurch allowed me to ooze across the road and get most of the car out of traffic. The engine was running just fine. AAA to the rescue. I and my 65 BJ8 rode to Competition Motors in Portsmouth NH where they do extensive work on vintage cars of all makes. I await their diagnosis. What happened? What horrendous bill am I looking forward to? Thanks for your wisdom. > Rich Antal > _______________________________________________ > Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html > Suggested annual donation $12.75 > > Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys > > Healeys at autox.team.net > http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys > > Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/healeydoc at gmail.com > -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: From michael.salter at gmail.com Fri Sep 18 08:35:17 2026 From: michael.salter at gmail.com (Michael Salter) Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2026 14:35:17 +0000 Subject: [Healeys] BANG! In-Reply-To: <007d01dd4756$8bdc8ef0$a395acd0$@alexarevel.plus.com> References: <946871525.950079.1789681080018.ref@mail.yahoo.com> <946871525.950079.1789681080018@mail.yahoo.com> <007d01dd4756$8bdc8ef0$a395acd0$@alexarevel.plus.com> Message-ID: After thinking carefully about your experience I'm inclined to think that there are 2 likely scenarios. First is that the clutch disc failed and the center spline broke away. I had this happen on my Bugeye race car on the start line and the symptoms were exactly as you describe. I had just enough forward momentum to pull to the side to avoid being annihilated by the Mustang starting in behind me in the 2nd row. ? The other likelihood, although fairly unlikely in a Big Healey, is that a halfshaft broke. This is usually evident by one rear wheel developing a little negative camber. Do let us know what is found. M ________________________________ From: Healeys on behalf of Simon Lachlan via Healeys Sent: Friday, 18 September 2026 06:14:52 To: 'Richard Antal' ; healeys at autox.team.net Subject: Re: [Healeys] BANG! I had something quite similar recently. No ?BANG?, but some very nasty noises indeed. In my case, the carbon thrust bearing thingie was giving up. One of its clips was half on/half off. Luckily, MOWOG(?) in their wisdom allowed for the future invention of an endoscope. There is a suitable hole in the casing through which you can insert yr scope and inspect the bearing or whatever else may be in bits!! At a guess, you could do it from underneath if the car was high enough. My car is a BT7 so removal of the tunnel cover is a bore but not the drama that I?m told it is in a BJ8 so I went in from above. Best of luck anyhow, Simon From: Healeys On Behalf Of Richard Antal via Healeys Sent: 17 September 2026 22:38 To: healeys at autox.team.net Subject: [Healeys] BANG! Salutations fellow Healeyphiles, I came to a stop sign on the steep uphill slope and wanted to enter a busy road with a lot of traffic going 40mph. A window of opportunity presented itself finally. The stick was in 1st, my foot on the depressed clutch pedal. I quickly move my right foot from. the brake, gunned the engine and quickly released the clutch. The car lurched forward the saluted me with a loud bang which I could feel through the floor and immediately became lost propulsion. No response to the stick in any gear. The initial lurch allowed me to ooze across the road and get most of the car out of traffic. The engine was running just fine. AAA to the rescue. I and my 65 BJ8 rode to Competition Motors in Portsmouth NH where they do extensive work on vintage cars of all makes. I await their diagnosis. What happened? What horrendous bill am I looking forward to? Thanks for your wisdom. Rich Antal -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: From manifold at telus.net Fri Sep 18 10:27:44 2026 From: manifold at telus.net (Harold Manifold) Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2026 09:27:44 -0700 Subject: [Healeys] Seeking List Wisdom In-Reply-To: <016301dd46de$1873a8e0$495afaa0$@sbcglobal.net> References: <014801dd46d5$b0bc9430$1235bc90$@sbcglobal.net> <9e907981-cd23-4138-a17c-d74685dda10b@comcast.net> <016301dd46de$1873a8e0$495afaa0$@sbcglobal.net> Message-ID: Hi Bob, Please see the video linked below regarding how to set the OD engagement. It is best to check as much of the external settings as possible before proceeding to the internal ones. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdsjd4Q_JFM Regards, Harold On Thu, Sep 17, 2026 at 1:07?PM JSARCH wrote: > Bob, I don?t recall the exact pressure but it was good after I replaced > the piston and housing. However, I got to thinking, can you hear the > solenoid engage? Have you gone through the OD trouble shooting list? > > > > JS > > > > *From:* Bob Spidell > *Sent:* Thursday, September 17, 2026 12:04 PM > *To:* JSARCH ; 'Healeys' > *Subject:* Re: [Healeys] Seeking List Wisdom > > > > Thanks, John. Something to consider, but I replaced the accumulator > cylinder, piston and spring with DWM 'uprated' parts when I overhauled it > (only a few thousand miles ago). My hydraulic pressure has been consistent > and steady--on- and off-idle--but on the low side. Do you know what your > pressure was? > > Anyone else running the DWM gear? > > bs > > > On 9/17/2026 11:52 AM, JSARCH wrote: > > I had a problem where my OD would engage but would stop working after it > heated up. It turned out to be a problem with the accumulator piston > assembly not holding pressure. The piston, rings and housing can be removed > in situ using a small piston ring expander to grip against the inside walls > of the housing. > > John, > > '62 BT7 > > > > -----Original Message----- > From: Healeys > On Behalf Of Bob Spidell via Healeys > Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2026 9:14 AM > To: Healeys > Subject: [Healeys] Seeking List Wisdom > > > > I've had an intermittent issue with my BJ8 O/D. It doesn't engage > reliably, but does maybe 1 out of 10 attempts. I think I've ruled out > electrical issues, as the solenoid activates reliably. I checked the > hydraulic pressure, it's just under 400 PSI. I know that's low per the shop > manual (470-490), but it has worked reliably for years and had the same > pressure after an overhaul. > > > > Q1: Any ideas why it has stopped engaging after years and thousands of > miles? > > > > Q2: If it's the pump, can these be changed out in situ? > > > > TIA, > > Bob > > _______________________________________________ > > Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html Suggested annual > donation $12.75 > > > > Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys > http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys > > > > Healeys at autox.team.net > > http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys > > > > Unsubscribe/Manage: > http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/jmsdarch at sbcglobal.net > > > > > _______________________________________________ > Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html > Suggested annual donation $12.75 > > Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys > http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys > > Healeys at autox.team.net > http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys > > Unsubscribe/Manage: > http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/manifold at telus.net > > -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: image001.jpg Type: image/jpeg Size: 6589 bytes Desc: not available URL: From jmsdarch at sbcglobal.net Fri Sep 18 11:57:07 2026 From: jmsdarch at sbcglobal.net (JSARCH) Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2026 10:57:07 -0700 Subject: [Healeys] Seeking List Wisdom In-Reply-To: <006101dd4754$f3659a50$da30cef0$@alexarevel.plus.com> References: <35ad0f3c-9e93-3d2f-6709-592ef6f80080@charter.net> <006101dd4754$f3659a50$da30cef0$@alexarevel.plus.com> Message-ID: <02ea01dd4797$1fc83070$5f589150$@sbcglobal.net> Still too complicated. A small piston ring expander is much easier to use and quickly removes the accumulator without all the hassle of making something. John From: Healeys On Behalf Of Simon Lachlan via Healeys Sent: Friday, September 18, 2026 3:03 AM To: gradea1 at charter.net; 'Michael Salter' ; 'William Atterbury' ; healeys at autox.team.net Subject: Re: [Healeys] Seeking List Wisdom If you decide to remove the accumulator and it, per usual, declines to budge, then you?ll need a little help. I faced this issue and determined to do it on the cheap. Subsequently, I wrote something for our local mag. Here?s an extract that may help:- Extracting the accumulator is one of those things that usually requires the use of a ?Special Tool?, which is unobtainable at any price. Or, one of one?s own invention. My accumulator wouldn?t come out and I felt that most people?s suggestions were way too complex. In the end I took a short length of broom handle and shaved it down until it would just squeeze into the accumulator housing. Then I cut it in two longitudinally. Finally, I shaved the last 2 or 3 inches quite considerably back on the two inside faces of the end that would protrude. Rather like an old-fashioned clothes peg. The idea being that squeezing those ends together would force the other ends apart. They would thus grab onto the bore and allow one to pull it out. The best way to achieve maximum squeeze is with a Jubilee Clip. Insert tapered end, tighten Jubilee Clip and pull. It works and it can all be made from scrap!? Worked for me. Cost nothing. Took no time to make. Still have it and pray never to have to use it again!! Best of luck, Simon -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: image001.jpg Type: image/jpeg Size: 79549 bytes Desc: not available URL: -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: image002.jpg Type: image/jpeg Size: 13101 bytes Desc: not available URL: From ryan at jimryan.com Fri Sep 18 13:41:08 2026 From: ryan at jimryan.com (Jim Ryan) Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2026 15:41:08 -0400 Subject: [Healeys] BANG! In-Reply-To: References: <946871525.950079.1789681080018.ref@mail.yahoo.com> <946871525.950079.1789681080018@mail.yahoo.com> <007d01dd4756$8bdc8ef0$a395acd0$@alexarevel.plus.com> Message-ID: Hey Rich, I had a wire wheel on my my bj7 that spun the splines clean on the axle on the car just sat there. But I don't remember similar noise to what you described. Anyway, let us know how you make out at Competition Motors. I'm also in Portsmouth. I'd love to hear what your experience is like. I currently have a 58 bugeye that I've been getting serviced at foreign Motors on Sagamore road in Rye since Brit Bits went away Jim Ryan ???? On Fri, Sep 18, 2026, 10:55?AM Michael Salter wrote: > After thinking carefully about your experience I'm inclined to think that > there are 2 likely scenarios. > First is that the clutch disc failed and the center spline broke away. I > had this happen on my Bugeye race car on the start line and the symptoms > were exactly as you describe. I had just enough forward momentum to pull to > the side to avoid being annihilated by the Mustang starting in behind me > in the 2nd row. ? > The other likelihood, although fairly unlikely in a Big Healey, is that a > halfshaft broke. This is usually evident by one rear wheel developing a > little negative camber. > Do let us know what is found. > > M > > > ------------------------------ > *From:* Healeys on behalf of Simon > Lachlan via Healeys > *Sent:* Friday, 18 September 2026 06:14:52 > *To:* 'Richard Antal' ; healeys at autox.team.net < > healeys at autox.team.net> > *Subject:* Re: [Healeys] BANG! > > > I had something quite similar recently. No ?BANG?, but some very nasty > noises indeed. In my case, the carbon thrust bearing thingie was giving up. > One of its clips was half on/half off. Luckily, MOWOG(?) in their wisdom > allowed for the future invention of an endoscope. There is a suitable hole > in the casing through which you can insert yr scope and inspect the bearing > or whatever else may be in bits!! > > At a guess, you could do it from underneath if the car was high enough. My > car is a BT7 so removal of the tunnel cover is a bore but not the drama > that I?m told it is in a BJ8 so I went in from above. > > Best of luck anyhow, Simon > > > > *From:* Healeys *On Behalf Of *Richard > Antal via Healeys > *Sent:* 17 September 2026 22:38 > *To:* healeys at autox.team.net > *Subject:* [Healeys] BANG! > > > > Salutations fellow Healeyphiles, > > I came to a stop sign on the steep uphill slope and wanted to enter a > busy road with a lot of traffic going 40mph. A window of opportunity > presented itself finally. The stick was in 1st, my foot on the depressed > clutch pedal. I > > quickly move my right foot from. the brake, gunned the engine and quickly > released the clutch. The car lurched forward the saluted me with a loud > bang which I could feel through the floor and immediately became lost > propulsion. No response to the stick in any gear. The initial lurch allowed > me to ooze across the road and get most of the car out of traffic. The > engine was running just fine. AAA to the rescue. I and my 65 BJ8 rode to > Competition Motors in Portsmouth NH where they do extensive work on vintage > cars of all makes. I await their diagnosis. What happened? What horrendous > bill am I looking forward to? Thanks for your wisdom. > > Rich Antal > _______________________________________________ > Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html > Suggested annual donation $12.75 > > Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys > http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys > > Healeys at autox.team.net > http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys > > Unsubscribe/Manage: > http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/ryan at jimryan.com > > -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: From bspidell at comcast.net Sat Sep 19 14:07:56 2026 From: bspidell at comcast.net (Bob Spidell) Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2026 13:07:56 -0700 Subject: [Healeys] Seeking List Wisdom In-Reply-To: <1793235664.961461.1789684886908@mail.yahoo.com> References: <1793235664.961461.1789684886908@mail.yahoo.com> Message-ID: <6cf66ea0-cbeb-4360-8df0-483b5dcecf36@comcast.net> Thanks for all the helpful suggestions, guys.? Looks like I have some debugging to do. On 9/17/2026 3:41 PM, William Atterbury via Healeys wrote: > Hey Bob, > Doesn't sound like the pump - 400 psi is good, but this can be > removed/resealed in situ. > Your clue would be that it might engage at high roadspeed but not at low. > > I had a solenoid that was 'weak' and behaved like yours.? It > functioned, but resistance was high and pull force was low. > It might throw but have marginal force to open the ball valve when > under pressure. > > Best way to isolate this is to check resistance or current of the > solenoid. > > Good Luck! > ------------------------------ > Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2026 09:13:35 -0700 > From: Bob Spidell > To: Healeys > Subject: [Healeys] Seeking List Wisdom > Message-ID: > Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed > > I've had an intermittent issue with my BJ8 O/D. It doesn't engage > reliably, but does maybe 1 out of 10 attempts. I think I've ruled out > electrical issues, as the solenoid activates reliably. I checked the > hydraulic pressure, it's just under 400 PSI. I know that's low per the > shop manual (470-490), but it has worked reliably for years and had the > same pressure after an overhaul. > > Q1: Any ideas why it has stopped engaging after years and thousands of > miles? > > Q2: If it's the pump, can these be changed out in situ? > > TIA, > Bob > > > _______________________________________________ > Support Team.Nethttp://www.team.net/donate.html > Suggested annual donation $12.75 > > Archive:http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys > > Healeys at autox.team.net > http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys > > Unsubscribe/Manage:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/bspidell at comcast.net -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: From hypercubic at yahoo.co.uk Sun Sep 20 12:47:50 2026 From: hypercubic at yahoo.co.uk (mike brooks) Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2026 18:47:50 +0000 (UTC) Subject: [Healeys] Healeys Digest, Vol 19, Issue 111 In-Reply-To: References: Message-ID: <2081481633.2067170.1789930070849@mail.yahoo.com> Mine's a BN2 so a different gearbox. But I think both the side and centre shift boxes have a switch on the side that allows overdrive to be selected only in third or fourth gear. I had an intermittent problem with overdrive not pulling in, despite the servo working correctly, and adjusted correctly.? Turned out that if I moved the gear lever to the left, with overdrive engaged, it dropped out. Moving the lever to the right, it re- engaged. So if you haven't already, check that the switch on the gearbox makes reliably and doesn't depend on gear lever position. Mike '56 BN2. Yahoo Mail: Search, organise, conquer On Sun, 20 Sept 2026 at 20:07, healeys-request at autox.team.net wrote: Send Healeys mailing list submissions to ??? healeys at autox.team.net To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit ??? http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to ??? healeys-request at autox.team.net You can reach the person managing the list at ??? healeys-owner at autox.team.net When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than "Re: Contents of Healeys digest..." Today's Topics: ? 1. Re: Seeking List Wisdom (Bob Spidell) ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message: 1 Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2026 13:07:56 -0700 From: Bob Spidell To: healeys at autox.team.net Subject: Re: [Healeys] Seeking List Wisdom Message-ID: <6cf66ea0-cbeb-4360-8df0-483b5dcecf36 at comcast.net> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"; Format="flowed" Thanks for all the helpful suggestions, guys.? Looks like I have some debugging to do. On 9/17/2026 3:41 PM, William Atterbury via Healeys wrote: > Hey Bob, > Doesn't sound like the pump - 400 psi is good, but this can be > removed/resealed in situ. > Your clue would be that it might engage at high roadspeed but not at low. > > I had a solenoid that was 'weak' and behaved like yours.? It > functioned, but resistance was high and pull force was low. > It might throw but have marginal force to open the ball valve when > under pressure. > > Best way to isolate this is to check resistance or current of the > solenoid. > > Good Luck! > ------------------------------ > Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2026 09:13:35 -0700 > From: Bob Spidell > To: Healeys > Subject: [Healeys] Seeking List Wisdom > Message-ID: > Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed > > I've had an intermittent issue with my BJ8 O/D. It doesn't engage > reliably, but does maybe 1 out of 10 attempts. I think I've ruled out > electrical issues, as the solenoid activates reliably. I checked the > hydraulic pressure, it's just under 400 PSI. I know that's low per the > shop manual (470-490), but it has worked reliably for years and had the > same pressure after an overhaul. > > Q1: Any ideas why it has stopped engaging after years and thousands of > miles? > > Q2: If it's the pump, can these be changed out in situ? > > TIA, > Bob > > > _______________________________________________ > Support Team.Nethttp://www.team.net/donate.html > Suggested annual donation? $12.75 > > Archive:http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys > > Healeys at autox.team.net > http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys > > Unsubscribe/Manage:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/bspidell at comcast.net -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: ------------------------------ Subject: Digest Footer _______________________________________________ Healeys mailing list Healeys at autox.team.net http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys archives:? http://autox.team.net/archive ------------------------------ End of Healeys Digest, Vol 19, Issue 111 **************************************** -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: From hypercubic at yahoo.co.uk Sun Sep 20 12:47:50 2026 From: hypercubic at yahoo.co.uk (mike brooks) Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2026 18:47:50 +0000 (UTC) Subject: [Healeys] Healeys Digest, Vol 19, Issue 111 In-Reply-To: References: Message-ID: <2081481633.2067170.1789930070849@mail.yahoo.com> Mine's a BN2 so a different gearbox. But I think both the side and centre shift boxes have a switch on the side that allows overdrive to be selected only in third or fourth gear. I had an intermittent problem with overdrive not pulling in, despite the servo working correctly, and adjusted correctly.? Turned out that if I moved the gear lever to the left, with overdrive engaged, it dropped out. Moving the lever to the right, it re- engaged. So if you haven't already, check that the switch on the gearbox makes reliably and doesn't depend on gear lever position. Mike '56 BN2. Yahoo Mail: Search, organise, conquer On Sun, 20 Sept 2026 at 20:07, healeys-request at autox.team.net wrote: Send Healeys mailing list submissions to ??? healeys at autox.team.net To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit ??? http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to ??? healeys-request at autox.team.net You can reach the person managing the list at ??? healeys-owner at autox.team.net When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than "Re: Contents of Healeys digest..." Today's Topics: ? 1. Re: Seeking List Wisdom (Bob Spidell) ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message: 1 Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2026 13:07:56 -0700 From: Bob Spidell To: healeys at autox.team.net Subject: Re: [Healeys] Seeking List Wisdom Message-ID: <6cf66ea0-cbeb-4360-8df0-483b5dcecf36 at comcast.net> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"; Format="flowed" Thanks for all the helpful suggestions, guys.? Looks like I have some debugging to do. On 9/17/2026 3:41 PM, William Atterbury via Healeys wrote: > Hey Bob, > Doesn't sound like the pump - 400 psi is good, but this can be > removed/resealed in situ. > Your clue would be that it might engage at high roadspeed but not at low. > > I had a solenoid that was 'weak' and behaved like yours.? It > functioned, but resistance was high and pull force was low. > It might throw but have marginal force to open the ball valve when > under pressure. > > Best way to isolate this is to check resistance or current of the > solenoid. > > Good Luck! > ------------------------------ > Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2026 09:13:35 -0700 > From: Bob Spidell > To: Healeys > Subject: [Healeys] Seeking List Wisdom > Message-ID: > Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed > > I've had an intermittent issue with my BJ8 O/D. It doesn't engage > reliably, but does maybe 1 out of 10 attempts. I think I've ruled out > electrical issues, as the solenoid activates reliably. I checked the > hydraulic pressure, it's just under 400 PSI. I know that's low per the > shop manual (470-490), but it has worked reliably for years and had the > same pressure after an overhaul. > > Q1: Any ideas why it has stopped engaging after years and thousands of > miles? > > Q2: If it's the pump, can these be changed out in situ? > > TIA, > Bob > > > _______________________________________________ > Support Team.Nethttp://www.team.net/donate.html > Suggested annual donation? $12.75 > > Archive:http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys > > Healeys at autox.team.net > http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys > > Unsubscribe/Manage:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/bspidell at comcast.net -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: ------------------------------ Subject: Digest Footer _______________________________________________ Healeys mailing list Healeys at autox.team.net http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys archives:? http://autox.team.net/archive ------------------------------ End of Healeys Digest, Vol 19, Issue 111 **************************************** -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: From rantal243 at yahoo.com Mon Sep 21 14:25:09 2026 From: rantal243 at yahoo.com (Richard Antal) Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2026 20:25:09 +0000 (UTC) Subject: [Healeys] the BANG! References: <2025227844.1797127.1790022309571.ref@mail.yahoo.com> Message-ID: <2025227844.1797127.1790022309571@mail.yahoo.com> The right rear axle broke. Does imply a defect in the metal casting. No trauma to the axle that I can recall. I'm just glad it's not the clutch or transmission..Rich Antal -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: From goldengt at cal.net Mon Sep 21 16:40:51 2026 From: goldengt at cal.net (goldengt at cal.net) Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2026 15:40:51 -0700 Subject: [Healeys] need 100 head Message-ID: <31f0120f7bb13bfa56b9d75b4cbb9150@cal.net> A friend needs a 100 iron head for his M. Anyone have a good one? Ken Freese From healeyrik at gmail.com Tue Sep 22 08:49:21 2026 From: healeyrik at gmail.com (HealeyRick) Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2026 10:49:21 -0400 Subject: [Healeys] the BANG! In-Reply-To: <2025227844.1797127.1790022309571@mail.yahoo.com> References: <2025227844.1797127.1790022309571.ref@mail.yahoo.com> <2025227844.1797127.1790022309571@mail.yahoo.com> Message-ID: This happened to me in a bugeye once. but I've never heard it happening in a big Healey. On Mon, Sep 21, 2026 at 4:49?PM Richard Antal via Healeys < healeys at autox.team.net> wrote: > The right rear axle broke. Does imply a defect in the metal casting. No > trauma to the axle that I can recall. I'm just glad it's not the clutch or > transmission.. > Rich Antal > _______________________________________________ > Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html > Suggested annual donation $12.75 > > Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys > http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys > > Healeys at autox.team.net > http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys > > Unsubscribe/Manage: > http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/healeyrik at gmail.com > > -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: From healey.nut at gmail.com Tue Sep 22 09:32:24 2026 From: healey.nut at gmail.com (Alan Seigrist) Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2026 11:32:24 -0400 Subject: [Healeys] the BANG! In-Reply-To: <2025227844.1797127.1790022309571@mail.yahoo.com> References: <2025227844.1797127.1790022309571.ref@mail.yahoo.com> <2025227844.1797127.1790022309571@mail.yahoo.com> Message-ID: Hi Richard - The axles can build up cracks over time with alot of back and forth application of loads. Generally not an issue on big healeys because the axles are short (less tortional stress) and the cars are not heavy. I broke an axle on my A90, easy to do! That said if you are going up and down hills all the time, you can build up stress fractures then it finally goes. Thankfully a pretty easy fix. Best, Alan On Mon, Sep 21, 2026 at 4:38?PM Richard Antal via Healeys < healeys at autox.team.net> wrote: > The right rear axle broke. Does imply a defect in the metal casting. No > trauma to the axle that I can recall. I'm just glad it's not the clutch or > transmission.. > Rich Antal > _______________________________________________ > Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html > Suggested annual donation $12.75 > > Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys > http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys > > Healeys at autox.team.net > http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys > > Unsubscribe/Manage: > http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/healey.nut at gmail.com > > -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: From rantal243 at yahoo.com Tue Sep 22 09:39:36 2026 From: rantal243 at yahoo.com (Richard Antal) Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2026 15:39:36 +0000 (UTC) Subject: [Healeys] the BANG! In-Reply-To: References: <2025227844.1797127.1790022309571.ref@mail.yahoo.com> <2025227844.1797127.1790022309571@mail.yahoo.com> Message-ID: <1852603058.2010707.1790091576491@mail.yahoo.com> Thanks for you comments, Alan. They mechanics doing the repair said that it appeared as though the axle had sustained damage in the past. Perhaps your observation explains how this could happen.rich antal On Tuesday, September 22, 2026 at 11:32:38 AM EDT, Alan Seigrist wrote: Hi Richard - The axles can build up cracks over time with alot of back and forth application of loads.? Generally not an issue on big healeys because the axles are short (less tortional stress) and the cars are not heavy.? I broke an axle on my A90, easy to do! That said if you are going up and down hills all the time, you can build up stress fractures then it finally goes. Thankfully a pretty easy fix. Best, Alan On Mon, Sep 21, 2026 at 4:38?PM Richard Antal via Healeys wrote: The right rear axle broke. Does imply a defect in the metal casting. No trauma to the axle that I can recall. I'm just glad it's not the clutch or transmission..Rich Antal_______________________________________________ Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html Suggested annual donation? $12.75 Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys Healeys at autox.team.net http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/healey.nut at gmail.com -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: From healey.nut at gmail.com Tue Sep 22 09:47:23 2026 From: healey.nut at gmail.com (Alan Seigrist) Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2026 11:47:23 -0400 Subject: [Healeys] the BANG! In-Reply-To: <1852603058.2010707.1790091576491@mail.yahoo.com> References: <2025227844.1797127.1790022309571.ref@mail.yahoo.com> <2025227844.1797127.1790022309571@mail.yahoo.com> <1852603058.2010707.1790091576491@mail.yahoo.com> Message-ID: could also be a manufacturing defect that finally manifested On Tue, Sep 22, 2026 at 11:39?AM Richard Antal wrote: > Thanks for you comments, Alan. They mechanics doing the repair said that > it appeared as though the axle had sustained damage in the past. Perhaps > your observation explains how this could happen. > rich antal > > On Tuesday, September 22, 2026 at 11:32:38 AM EDT, Alan Seigrist < > healey.nut at gmail.com> wrote: > > > Hi Richard - > > The axles can build up cracks over time with alot of back and forth > application of loads. Generally not an issue on big healeys because the > axles are short (less tortional stress) and the cars are not heavy. I > broke an axle on my A90, easy to do! > > That said if you are going up and down hills all the time, you can build > up stress fractures then it finally goes. > > Thankfully a pretty easy fix. > > Best, > > Alan > > On Mon, Sep 21, 2026 at 4:38?PM Richard Antal via Healeys < > healeys at autox.team.net> wrote: > > The right rear axle broke. Does imply a defect in the metal casting. No > trauma to the axle that I can recall. I'm just glad it's not the clutch or > transmission.. > Rich Antal > _______________________________________________ > Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html > Suggested annual donation $12.75 > > Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys > http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys > > Healeys at autox.team.net > http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys > > Unsubscribe/Manage: > http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/healey.nut at gmail.com > > -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: From p.cquinn at outlook.com Wed Sep 23 06:44:36 2026 From: p.cquinn at outlook.com (Patrick and Caroline Quinn) Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2026 12:44:36 +0000 Subject: [Healeys] the BANG! In-Reply-To: References: <2025227844.1797127.1790022309571.ref@mail.yahoo.com> <2025227844.1797127.1790022309571@mail.yahoo.com> Message-ID: Hello Had it happen to a 100 BN1 I once owned, with a four-stud rear end some years back. Have also seen the axle splines twist in a racing 3000. Hoo Roo Patrick Quinn Blue Mountains, Australia From: Healeys On Behalf Of HealeyRick via Healeys Sent: Wednesday, 23 September 2026 12:49 AM To: Richard Antal Cc: healeys at autox.team.net Subject: Re: [Healeys] the BANG! This happened to me in a bugeye once. but I've never heard it happening in a big Healey. On Mon, Sep 21, 2026 at 4:49?PM Richard Antal via Healeys > wrote: The right rear axle broke. Does imply a defect in the metal casting. No trauma to the axle that I can recall. I'm just glad it's not the clutch or transmission.. Rich Antal _______________________________________________ Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html Suggested annual donation $12.75 Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys Healeys at autox.team.net http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/healeyrik at gmail.com -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: From alfuller194 at gmail.com Wed Sep 23 11:19:17 2026 From: alfuller194 at gmail.com (Al Fuller) Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2026 17:19:17 +0000 Subject: [Healeys] GMRS radio for cross-country caravan trips Message-ID: Healeyphiles: A group of us were discussing cross-country driving trips and the subject of car-to-car communications arose... We have used CB radios in the past with mostly good results, and discussed whether the GMRS band offers sufficient advantages to make the switch. One thing that could be improved is receiving range, since CB is purely line-of-sight reception, whereas other bands can and do utilize 'repeaters' that rebroadcast relatively weak mobile signals from a base station. The GMRS band appears to offer a nice middle ground between the unregulated CB band and the full on amateur radio 'ham' bands. (For context, planning the drives to next summer's Conclave for instance will have various of us driving between 500 - 2,200 miles each way, and experience tells us that reliable car-to-car radio is highly valuable.) The question today is can we hear from folks who have made the switch from Citizens Band (CB) to General Mobile Radio Service (GMRS)? As the long standing and self-appointed communications officer of the group, I have questions such as: (1) Have you tried to use GMRS repeaters as you drive across country? What success and/or issues might you have had? (2) Antenna type and placement - where and what type/style? - CB antennas on Healeys are commonly mounted to the rear bumper 'spring bar' mount and still have much of the antenna above the body of the car - GMRS on the other hand operates in the ~460 MHz range. There are antennae on the market in similar lengths, have you used them? Comments? (3) Since getting the GMRS license requires no test, I assume there are no stumbles there, but if so please do let us know. For reference I recently got another amateur radio ("ham") license, and had no issues. (4) Any recommendations for or against particular radios? Thanks in advance! =========================== Al Fuller 714.335.0248 Mobile -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: From michael.salter at gmail.com Sat Sep 26 06:50:22 2026 From: michael.salter at gmail.com (Michael Salter) Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2026 12:50:22 +0000 Subject: [Healeys] Seat belt shoulder anchor Message-ID: Does anyone know if an anchor plate for the shoulder harness used in BJ7/8 cars, prior to '67 is available. This is the type that is secured with 2 5/16" studs. Thanks. M -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: From healeyrik at gmail.com Sat Sep 26 08:09:47 2026 From: healeyrik at gmail.com (HealeyRick) Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2026 10:09:47 -0400 Subject: [Healeys] Seat belt shoulder anchor In-Reply-To: References: Message-ID: Here you go, Michael: https://www.britishcarspecialists.com/store/product.php?product_id=660&backtoshop_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.britishcarspecialists.com%2Fstore%2Findex.php%3Fcategory%3DINTERIOR%26subcategory%3DSEAT%2520BELTS On Sat, Sep 26, 2026 at 9:16?AM Michael Salter via Healeys < healeys at autox.team.net> wrote: > Does anyone know if an anchor plate for the shoulder harness used in BJ7/8 > cars, prior to '67 is available. > This is the type that is secured with 2 5/16" studs. > Thanks. > > M > > > _______________________________________________ > Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html > Suggested annual donation $12.75 > > Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys > http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys > > Healeys at autox.team.net > http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys > > Unsubscribe/Manage: > http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/healeyrik at gmail.com > > -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: From healeyrik at gmail.com Sat Sep 26 08:19:55 2026 From: healeyrik at gmail.com (HealeyRick) Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2026 10:19:55 -0400 Subject: [Healeys] Seat belt shoulder anchor In-Reply-To: References: Message-ID: Michael. I forgot to add that the low positioning of the shoulder strap anchor will allow the strap to slip off your shoulder. I use these placed under the belt at shoulder level to keep them in place: https://www.amazon.com/Strap-Gummy-ORIGINAL-Shoulder-Strips/dp/B0736F5931/ref=sr_1_1?dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.-n_U1dpSA9OXJWQTxdUjby5qDCoLK5BOsT8PgVYrO-Kop13KPA48YwAZ0d8XLc2gsQAreKgVR9IIChkmEFUL1P8JUg-lRs1YXcSpoJE680wkScIu9eanawxsw2TNbcm6bAcOjsXYFWJv1AzoPDHs72qcIXNEjr_kD3K3DNSrHW5PI45p0sMvhHrbPryeOviLf-n1-Lzvi_BRSzRUCaZkIfrYngDFr_RVbqUWd-lW0IOmR-53ahUYu1XxDz_WW2lQWGRkEdRPyH1seJFrEM9wFRWI0S0Nab633L2vmvcyX8g.MnutpQ1tnAcQMz5o5qzJ5714tJP3ByXfjHK_1AvitaI&dib_tag=se&keywords=strap%2Bgummy&qid=1790432254&sr=8-1&th=1 On Sat, Sep 26, 2026 at 10:09?AM HealeyRick wrote: > Here you go, Michael: > https://www.britishcarspecialists.com/store/product.php?product_id=660&backtoshop_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.britishcarspecialists.com%2Fstore%2Findex.php%3Fcategory%3DINTERIOR%26subcategory%3DSEAT%2520BELTS > > On Sat, Sep 26, 2026 at 9:16?AM Michael Salter via Healeys < > healeys at autox.team.net> wrote: > >> Does anyone know if an anchor plate for the shoulder harness used in >> BJ7/8 cars, prior to '67 is available. >> This is the type that is secured with 2 5/16" studs. >> Thanks. >> >> M >> >> >> _______________________________________________ >> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html >> Suggested annual donation $12.75 >> >> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys >> http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys >> >> Healeys at autox.team.net >> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys >> >> Unsubscribe/Manage: >> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/healeyrik at gmail.com >> >> -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: From manifold at telus.net Sat Sep 26 09:50:18 2026 From: manifold at telus.net (Harold Manifold) Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2026 08:50:18 -0700 Subject: [Healeys] Seat belt shoulder anchor In-Reply-To: References: Message-ID: Hi Michael, British Car Specialists in Stockton has a good supply of seat belt parts. See their part number AH294. Harold On Sat, Sep 26, 2026 at 8:03?AM HealeyRick via Healeys < healeys at autox.team.net> wrote: > Michael. > I forgot to add that the low positioning of the shoulder strap anchor > will allow the strap to slip off your shoulder. I use these placed under > the belt at shoulder level to keep them in place: > https://www.amazon.com/Strap-Gummy-ORIGINAL-Shoulder-Strips/dp/B0736F5931/ref=sr_1_1?dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.-n_U1dpSA9OXJWQTxdUjby5qDCoLK5BOsT8PgVYrO-Kop13KPA48YwAZ0d8XLc2gsQAreKgVR9IIChkmEFUL1P8JUg-lRs1YXcSpoJE680wkScIu9eanawxsw2TNbcm6bAcOjsXYFWJv1AzoPDHs72qcIXNEjr_kD3K3DNSrHW5PI45p0sMvhHrbPryeOviLf-n1-Lzvi_BRSzRUCaZkIfrYngDFr_RVbqUWd-lW0IOmR-53ahUYu1XxDz_WW2lQWGRkEdRPyH1seJFrEM9wFRWI0S0Nab633L2vmvcyX8g.MnutpQ1tnAcQMz5o5qzJ5714tJP3ByXfjHK_1AvitaI&dib_tag=se&keywords=strap%2Bgummy&qid=1790432254&sr=8-1&th=1 > > On Sat, Sep 26, 2026 at 10:09?AM HealeyRick wrote: > >> Here you go, Michael: >> https://www.britishcarspecialists.com/store/product.php?product_id=660&backtoshop_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.britishcarspecialists.com%2Fstore%2Findex.php%3Fcategory%3DINTERIOR%26subcategory%3DSEAT%2520BELTS >> >> On Sat, Sep 26, 2026 at 9:16?AM Michael Salter via Healeys < >> healeys at autox.team.net> wrote: >> >>> Does anyone know if an anchor plate for the shoulder harness used in >>> BJ7/8 cars, prior to '67 is available. >>> This is the type that is secured with 2 5/16" studs. >>> Thanks. >>> >>> M >>> >>> >>> _______________________________________________ >>> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html >>> Suggested annual donation $12.75 >>> >>> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys >>> http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys >>> >>> Healeys at autox.team.net >>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys >>> >>> Unsubscribe/Manage: >>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/healeyrik at gmail.com >>> >>> _______________________________________________ > Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html > Suggested annual donation $12.75 > > Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys > http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys > > Healeys at autox.team.net > http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys > > Unsubscribe/Manage: > http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/manifold at telus.net > > -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: