Subject: RE: [JAGNUTS] 60 kph zones

From: "Luigi Mazzotti" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 14:01:50 -0600

Alfa drivers simply ignore the regulations entirely and let their white
scarfs whipe the sweat off the brows of the pursuers as they attempt to
catch them.
Just kidding - needless to say it is probably a good regulation to
safeguard the life of any person stopped on the side of the road.  You
guys should try and stop on the side of any autostrade in Europe - talk
about placing your life in someone elses hands.  A couple of hundred
bucks is nothing.  A joyous continuous happy motoring to all.

Anyone up for a morining drive through the valley some weekend before
the weather turns bad?  I heard that Brian needs to take his new Jag out
for a drive to put some kilometers on it - the gas is getting old
sitting in his garage.  There is also a rumor that Bob E. loves the
pumpkin pie at the restaurants in either Lumsden or Indian Head - his
treat of course.

Luigi 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of M.E. & E.A. Driver
Sent: October 5, 2006 12:02 PM
To: SBCC List; Jagnuts List
Subject: [JAGNUTS] 60 kph zones

Greetings

Thanks to those of you that have replied.  I was unclear of the RCMP
status.  It is obvious from the replies that they are in the
Saskatchewan legislation as well.  It was ignorance on my part even
though I took what I thought was reasonable precaution, moving over into
the in coming lane and reducing speed - albeit I was fortunate that
there were no ongoing cars - given the history of some emergency workers
including
Mounties being hit by ignorant motorists.   Hopefully this will be a
heads
up for some of us LBCers.  The advertisement of this legislation is poor
at best - most of us know about the "orange zone and
highway/construction workers"
I think both the Province and CAA  as well as our Car Clubs could
contribute to informing the public.

Kind regards
Ed

Kind regards
Ed
_______________________________________________
JAGNUTS Regina  -  mailing list
REPLY TO : [email-masked]
http://nonprofits.accesscomm.ca/jagnuts/Jagnuts.htm
_______________________________________________

---

From: Tony Koschinsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 22:00:04 -0600

Road trip?  Did someone say road trip?

When our legislation was extended to include tow trucks in 2004 there was a 
media campaign to inform the public, and there are signs.  But then I 
probably notice these things because I look for them.  I have noticed that 
when I slow down for these situations there are often drivers who do not 
hesitate to pull out and pass me at full speed.

First Ed was fortunate to have drawn the attention of a generous gendarme, 
and now he lucks out by having Bob buy him pie.  Life doesn't get much 
better than that.

Tony

---

From: "M.E. & E.A. Driver" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 09:54:33 -0600

Tony

Pie?  I am not sure why I should be pied!  I am truly  em-bare-assed
by my ignorance.   Yes the young Mountie was very nice, it was his
education day or I would be  200 plus in the hole, and even wished
me a happy birthday.  Pie with a candle served at five feet.

Kind regards
Ed

Tony Koschinsky wrote:
> When our legislation was extended to include tow trucks in 2004 there 
> was a media campaign to inform the public, and there are signs.  But 
> then I probably notice these things because I look for them.  I have 
> noticed that when I slow down for these situations there are often 
> drivers who do not hesitate to pull out and pass me at full speed.
> 
> First Ed was fortunate to have drawn the attention of a generous 
> gendarme, and now he lucks out by having Bob buy him pie.  Life doesn't 
> get much better than that.
> 
> Tony

---

From: "Bob England - Mechanical Design Group" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 10:02:50 -0600

I'm up for a road trip (no pumpkin pie, though) ... Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Luigi Mazzotti
Sent: October 5, 2006 2:02 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [JAGNUTS] 60 kph zones

Luigi 

-----Original Message-----

Greetings

Kind regards
Ed

Kind regards
Ed