Subject: [JAGNUTS] [Fwd: [mogtalk2] Hood Up on a Ferry]

From: "E.A. Driver" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 11:24:41 -0600

Hi Bob

Here is the e-mail from the UK Morgan List about the salt after
the fire on a car ferry - I did not remember it correctly - that
aside I wonder what salt compound was used.

Kind regards
Ed

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[mogtalk2] Hood Up on a Ferry
Date: 	Sun, 05 Aug 2007 11:26:06 +0100
From: 	Jim Richardson <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: 	[email-masked]
To: 	[email-masked]

Just back from a couple of weeks in France in the Motorcaravan.  On the
way out there was a vehicle fire on one of the car decks, hadnt left
dock so not a big issue and no one was hurt, delayed about 4 hours.
However the sprinklers were used on all the car decks so the van was
absolutely covered in salt.  French thunderstorm cleaned it all off the
next day.  Never really thought about it before but if the hood was down
the interior (and wiring) of a Morgan would have been absolutely
wrecked.  Its probably not a common occurrence but Ill make sure the
Morgan is covered next time on a ferry.

Sun is shining in Wilmslow so Ill give the Morgan an airing ready for
the trip to MOG007 on Friday.
No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition. 
Version: 7.5.476 / Virus Database: 269.11.4/935 - Release Date: 03/08/2007 17:46