Subject: [JAGNUTS] FW: John Macartney journey through Manitoba and Saskatchewan?

From: "JAGNUTS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 07:46:42 -0600

See below for some recent correspondence on John Mcartney's tour.

Brian's idea of an escort for John from Manitoba (and to Alberta) seems an
excellent one.  How many out there might be interested in one (or both) of
these?  Note that September 1 is a Monday (Labour day I think).

Bob

From: JAGNUTS [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: May 31, 2009 7:43 AM
To: 'Brian Lanoway'; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: John Macartney journey through Manitoba and Saskatchewan?

Brian

Scott is the right person to talk to, as he is liaising with John on behalf
of Jagnuts.

We are planning something for him the evening(s?) he will be here, but have
not discussed the "escort" idea.  It sounds like a good one, and one we
should talk up a bit in our group.  Considering it is only 3 months away, it
will be creeping up on us rather quickly.

We'll keep in touch regarding our efforts.

Bob

From: Brian Lanoway [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: May 30, 2009 9:41 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: John Macartney journey through Manitoba and Saskatchewan?

This message is for Scott McGibney of the Saskatchewan British Car Club -
with a 'cc' to the JagNuts Club of Regina

Hello Scott,

I've been communicating with John Macartney about his tour coming through
Minnesota, Manitoba and Saskatchewan in early September.

Apparently, John's itinerary for this section of his route is:

.       August 29/30 - Minneapolis - with the Minnesota Triumphs

.       September 1 or September 2 with your club, the Saskatchewan British
Car Club

.       September 3 - Regina - for a personal visit to his homestead and the
JagNuts club

Although I've been aware of John's planned journey for quite some time, I
only just found out that he'll be passing through Winnipeg yesterday.

Given the fact that it's a full day's drive from Minneapolis to Winnipeg and
another day's drive from Winnipeg to Saskatoon, it's likely that he'll have
to spend the evening of August 31 in Winnipeg.  Being late into the game, we
haven't inserted any events into his calendar, but I thought it might be
appropriate for members of our Winnipeg LBC clubs to meet him at the border
on Monday and then perhaps escort him to the Saskatchewan border on Tuesday.
We've also offered him lodgings in Winnipeg for the night of August 31st -
and possibly an oil change for his Stag (his request).

Does your club have any plans to escort John and his Stag - if so, where do
you intend to meet him?  Have you finalized your plans with John for
September 1 and perhaps September 2?  Have you had any communication with
the JagNuts in Regina about how and when you might hand John over to that
club?

Please let me know your plans for John.  We'll do our best to speed is way
through Manitoba towards your clubs and it would be great if we could
coordinate an escort hand-off at some point in his route.

I've also cc'd the JagNuts club in this email.  If anyone in the JagNuts
club has any information to share about their support of John's journey as
well, it would be great.

Looking forward to your response,

Brian Lanoway

1973 TR6

Triumph Drivers Club of Manitoba

Winnipeg, Manitoba

(204) 261-0915

---

From: Tony Koschinsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 21:44:42 -0600

It's a bit early to make a firm commitment, but I would definitely be 
interested in joining an escort contingent.  Any excuse for a bit of a 
drive.

Speaking of a bit of a drive, Donna wants to host an event at the lake again 
this year.  She is suggesting either one of the weekends around July 1, or 
the long weekend in August.  Does anyone have a preference, or some dates 
that just won't work?  Let us know.

Tony
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "JAGNUTS" <[email-masked]>
To: "'JAGNUTS Regina'" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sunday, May 31, 2009 7:46 AM
Subject: [JAGNUTS] FW: John Macartney journey through Manitoba and 
Saskatchewan?

> _______________________________________________
> JAGNUTS Regina  -  mailing list
> REPLY TO : [email-masked]
> http://nonprofits.accesscomm.ca/jagnuts/Jagnuts.htm
> _______________________________________________

---

From: "E.A. Driver" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 21:53:25 -0600

Hi Tony

Would Donna consider something on mid August weekend so we avoid the 
long week traffic (ie for us
at some distance to the cottage ;-) )

Kind regards
Ed

Tony Koschinsky wrote:
> Speaking of a bit of a drive, Donna wants to host an event at the lake 
> again this year.  She is suggesting either one of the weekends around 
> July 1, or the long weekend in August.  Does anyone have a preference, 
> or some dates that just won't work?  Let us know.
>
>
> Tony
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "JAGNUTS" <[email-masked]>

---

From: Kevin Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 13:52:14 -0600

Either one works for us

Kevin Smith, PMP
Project Manager
306-337-5697
[email-masked]

Tony Koschinsky <[email-masked]> 
Sent by: [email-masked]
06/01/2009 09:44 PM
Please respond to
JAGNUTS Regina <[email-masked]>

To
JAGNUTS Regina <[email-masked]>
cc

Subject
Re: [JAGNUTS] FW: John Macartney journey through Manitoba and 
Saskatchewan?

again 

Tony
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "JAGNUTS" <[email-masked]>
To: "'JAGNUTS Regina'" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sunday, May 31, 2009 7:46 AM
Subject: [JAGNUTS] FW: John Macartney journey through Manitoba and 
Saskatchewan?

> should talk up a bit in our group.  Considering it is only 3 months 
away, 
> it
> .       September 3 - Regina - for a personal visit to his homestead and 

> the
> Given the fact that it's a full day's drive from Minneapolis to Winnipeg 

> and
> to spend the evening of August 31 in Winnipeg.  Being late into the 
game, 
> we
> Does your club have any plans to escort John and his Stag - if so, where 

> do