Subject: RE: [JAGNUTS] Re: Davidson

From: "Hobbs, John JU0" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 14:02:24 -0600

Rumour has it that my car was raced in Davidson. It is a 1950 XK 120
roadster (Jaguar). 

Is there any way I could look into this?

-----Original Message-----
From: MGAdams [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, November 04, 2005 6:59 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [JAGNUTS] Re: Davidson

Ron,
By following the emails that Bob Burton forwarded to me, it appears there is
some interest about the old racing days in Saskatchewan, including Davidson.
I was never fortunate enough to do any of my racing in Saskatchewan, but as
a member of the Regina Sports Car Club, I have access to the archives, and
have collected a great deal of Saskatchewan Motorsport History. My records
show the first ever race on a road course was in Davidson in 1957. That
would make 2007 the 50th anniversary of road racing in Sask. I have been to
the present Davidson track remains, and there is still one semi-active
runway in use by a crop duster. It could be tidied up and an autocross or
gymkhana could be held. Perhaps a collaboration of the current Saskatchewan
clubs could organize an event in Davidson. I am sure the community would
welcome a parade, car show type of event, with a low key fun competitive
event at the old track. Likely the Jagnuts, Regina Sports Car Club,
Saskatoon Sports Car Club, Queen City Motorsports Association, and other
clubs I don't know might find the idea intriguing and offer their services,
and some manpower. Give it some thought and share with your membership and
see if there is much interest. I will do the same here with a few of the
clubs I know. More photos attached just for fun.

Mike Adams

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
chicane.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
grid.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
present chicane 2002.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
old crowd.JPG] _______________________________________________
JAGNUTS Regina  -  mailing list 
REPLY TO : [email-masked]
http://nonprofits.accesscomm.ca/jagnuts/Jagnuts.htm
_______________________________________________

---

From: "MGAdams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 14:33:30 -0600

I just went through all my competitor listings and results from 1959 to
1969, and only found a XK150S and XKE models for Jags. Doesn't mean the car
did not compete at some time in Davidson, but not likely in a race. Could
have been in a Gymkhana or other non-race event. I will try to review the
archives and watch for other events with Jags. Do you have a previous
owner(s) name to watch for. Might be on old membership lists with one of the
Sports Car Clubs.

Mike Adams