Subject: [JAGNUTS] Radisson Hotel Edmonton South, Edmonton Canada Hotels - Radisson.com

From: Ian Bailey <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 08:40:08 -0600

http://www.radisson.com/edmontonca

Hello all, Albert Road Trip is a GO!!!! June 8- 11, 2012

I have volunteered (OK Coerced) to help communicate the plans to go to
Edmonton "Picnic in the Park" and History Day in Wetaskiwin. I am pleased to
announce that this road trip is now officially a go as we have 4 cars
confirmed to date, so now all others are free to plan accordingly knowing that
there is a convoy forming.  And, a bonus trip is planned.The Edmonton Club
goes to History Road as a group on Sunday Morning, June 10, meeting in Leduc
McD's and has been setting up in the middle of the museum's set up. That show
ends at Four and it's a good run from Wetaskiwin over to Camrose and then down
on Hwy 13 to Amisk and down 888 to the Trans Canada near Medicine Hat.
It's a good road as we took that route to go rescue my MGB-GT a non runner
which is now a rolling restoration.. emphasis on rolling right now.

Here is the plan:
Friday, June 8:  		7:45 am - Regina cars meet at Tim Hortons North
					8:00 am - Convoy through Saskatoon to Edmonton
					7:00 pm - Check into hotel. The Radisson is the preferred hotel for a
variety of reasons (all good,) therefor I have the hotel info shown above. We
are planning on staying two nights (June 8 , 9), so far, but people, naturally
can choose any option.

Saturday, June 9:		Day - Picnic in the Park, Edmonton
					Evening - Party, sponsored by Phil

Sunday, June  10: 	Check out
					Join Edmonton Club for convoy to Wetaskiwin
					11:00 am to 4:00 pm - History Road Car Show
					Check in to Hotel, Recommendations:     Super 8 Motel
3820 - 56 St., Wetaskiwin AB, T9A 2B2.
Toll Free Phone: 1-800- 800-8000
Phone: 780-361-3808; Fax: 780-361-0388
Visit their website
Located on the south end of the City on Highway 2A. The Super 8 Motel has 49
air conditioned rooms with cable, internet connections, continental breakfast,
photocopying and faxing service, guest laundry, and meeting rooms availalbe.
Pets allowed with permission. Close to shopping, restaurants and the
Reynolds-Alberta Museum.  Most major credit cards accepted.

Monday, June 11:	Convoy to Regina, Bob knows the route.

MORE TO FOLLOW!!!!

Ian (the cat herder)

---

From: Edmonton Classic Sports Car Club <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 12:32:12 -0600

Glad to hear we'll have a contingent of JAGNUTS coming to the picnic (really
is just a picnic in the park in the river valley)  and History Road.  History
Road is quite the show and I've attached the link to register. You don't have
to if you're not sure you'll make it but it's free.. it just puts you in for a
goodie bag I think.  Never had a car to take to History Road though this year
I have the 66 B-GT Ugly Betty B to take.

http://www.history.alberta.ca/reynolds/specialevents/docs/2012-registration.p
df

Think about post History Road and we'll see if we can work something in. I'm
going to suggest the group look at going back to Camrose after the show. Good
selection of hotels and maybe a better selection of restaurants but that could
just be my humble opinion.  The show's over at four and so Camrose would get
you an hour closer to home and by the time you're settled it'd be supper time.
Just a thought..

Not sure if the chat group can handle attachments but here's one of Guy's
Healey 3000 on the parade lap at History Road last year.

And last the link to the Open Road, we exchange with clubs around Canada (and
one in OZ) and I figure even though JAGNUTS don't do a newsletter you might as
well get it too. If that's okay I'll put the group email down in our exchange
list and you'll get the link when we put out a newsletter.

The Open Road slightly larger file 7.2MB :
http://www.box.com/s/e4qgmxmf9j2dprgnr5jc

The Open Road slightly smaller file 6.6 MB:
http://www.box.com/s/cldjf8eqclmh875f5x6p

Frank French
Interim Editor The Open Road
Edmonton Classic Sports Car Club
57& 58 MGAs, 66 MGB-GT, 68 Austin J4

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If
you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy
this e-mail.

---

From: Ken Exner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 06:47:27 -0600

I am following these posts with interest but am having some commitment issues
maybe some counseling would help. Keep inspiring me as I re-arrange my life.

ken Exner

Sent from my iPad

On 2012-03-21, at 8:40 AM, Ian Bailey <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> JAGNUTS Regina  -  mailing list
> REPLY TO : [email-masked]
> http://nonprofits.accesscomm.ca/jagnuts/Jagnuts.htm
> _______________________________________________

---

From: "Bob" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 07:53:06 -0600

Ken

We have set you up a counselling appointment with our self-help group. If
you are able to attend the self-help group session at 9:00 a.m. on Sunday,
March 25, at Melrose Place North, you will get all the help you need (and
some you don't!).

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Ken Exner
Sent: March 22, 2012 6:47 AM
To: JAGNUTS Regina
Cc: JAGNUTS Regina
Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] Radisson Hotel Edmonton South, Edmonton Canada Hotels
- Radisson.com

I am following these posts with interest but am having some commitment
issues
maybe some counseling would help. Keep inspiring me as I re-arrange my life.

ken Exner

Sent from my iPad

On 2012-03-21, at 8:40 AM, Ian Bailey <[email-masked]> wrote:

>                    7:00 pm - Check into hotel. The Radisson is the
preferred
hotel for a

---

From: Edmonton Classic Sports Car Club <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 11:13:47 -0600

Just off the planning meeting that the Edmonton Club holds to figure out what
to do and where to go during our summer driving season.  I had suggested that
those Jagnuts and others wishing to stay overnight head down the road to
Camrose for the night. That's an easy split point for any heading east or
south east and there's a good hotel there I've been told The Norsemen Inn
http://www.norsemeninn.com/

There's another reason for this I checked with club members Phil Johnson and
his daughter Sandi (Sandi's been to Brits by the Bus a few times now)  They'd
be willing to do a post History Road BBQ out at Phil's farm.  Normal bring
your meat and bev and Sandi is good at whipping up mounds of other stuff to go
along with crisped meat.  Only catch is about 6 KM of country dirt road.. it
varies from not bad to pretty stony depending on when the grader's been down
the road.  He's near Tofield and says from his place it's about 20 minutes to
Camrose.  Time wise that would work well.. he restores cars and old tractors
and has a pile of steel wheel tractors and a grain elevator on site. Plus the
Austin J4 in my signature resides out there as it's his shop we've been doing
the work on it.  (now if that isn't a draw I don't know what is)

You can pick up meat in Wetaskawin or even Tofield for that matter and
beverages too of course.  Just something else to consider, though I think it'd
be a good mixer.

Regards

Frank French

---

From: Anthony Koschinsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 16:01:16 -0600

This just gets better and better.

Tony

Sent from my iPhone