Subject: [JAGNUTS] Radius Arm Removal Tool

From: "Bob England - Mechanical Design Group" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 20:47:10 -0600

Saw the attached on the E-Type list on Jag-Lovers ... thought it was
something that the Jaguar types in the group might be interested in ... Bob
 
--------------------------------------------
 
I just made a radius arm/bushing removal tool for the IRS
and wanted to share with other listers.

Service Manual says to hit radius arm bushing until it comes
loose. I found this completely ineffective.

The hole in the large bushing is just under 1'', so I
purchased a 1'' bolt with coarse thread. I tapered the first
1/4'' of the thread on the bolt. I then ''tapped'' the bushing
with the bolt and after a few turns it met the receiver cup
on the bottom of the car. I tightened a 1/2 turn and the
bushing/radius arm popped off. I have previously
lubricated the bushing to assist in removal.

Hope this helps.

See ya.

Dave
--
david berntsen
corte madera ca, United States

-- 
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
Version: 7.0.322 / Virus Database: 266.11.17 - Release Date: 2005.05.25

---

From: Tony Koschinsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 21:52:04 -0600

>something that the Jaguar types in the group might be interested in ... Bob
That's handy to know.  Now, if only there was an easy way to get the 
radius arm bushing out of the radius arm ......

Tony

p.s.  As much as I like Chris and his establishment, I'm feeling 
nostalgic about Chapters.  The wide open spaces, airplanes overhead, the 
guilty pleasure of  "being seen" by the majority of the Regina 
population who know we gather there and come out to covet us.  Would it 
be out of place to open the floor to debate on whether to return there 
for the summer months?

---

From: "Bob England - Mechanical Design Group" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 08:05:39 -0600

We are always open to discussion ... Debate on ! 

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Tony Koschinsky
Sent: May 26, 2005 9:52 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] Radius Arm Removal Tool

That's handy to know.  Now, if only there was an easy way to get the radius
arm bushing out of the radius arm ......

Tony

p.s.  As much as I like Chris and his establishment, I'm feeling nostalgic
about Chapters.  The wide open spaces, airplanes overhead, the guilty
pleasure of  "being seen" by the majority of the Regina population who know
we gather there and come out to covet us.  Would it be out of place to open
the floor to debate on whether to return there for the summer months?

---

From: "Ian Bailey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 08:38:09 -0600

I prefer Starbuck's for the ease of parking and looking at the cars.

Ian
 
Office 306-584-5900
Cell 306-591-4574
-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Bob England - Mechanical Design Group
Sent: May 27, 2005 8:06 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [JAGNUTS] Radius Arm Removal Tool

Bob

-----Original Message-----

Tony

-- 
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
Version: 7.0.322 / Virus Database: 266.11.17 - Release Date: 2005.05.25
_______________________________________________
JAGNUTS Regina  -  mailing list 
REPLY TO : [email-masked]
http://nonprofits.accesscomm.ca/jagnuts/Jagnuts.htm
_______________________________________________

---

From: "Richard Swallow" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 21:46:44 -0600

Hello Bob what is your e-mail so I can fwd the poster to you??

Thanks

Richard

_________________________________________________________________
Designer Mail isn't just fun to send, it's fun to receive. Use special 
stationery, fonts and colors. 
http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines 
  Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN. Premium right now and get the 
first two months FREE*.

---

From: "Richard Swallow" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 21:51:30 -0600

So where are we going for coffee on Sunday???

I have a proposal for you guys!!!!!

_________________________________________________________________
Powerful Parental Controls Let your child discover the best the Internet has 
to offer. 
http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines 
  Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN. Premium right now and get the 
first two months FREE*.

---

From: "Bob England - Mechanical Design Group" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 20:32:44 -0600

Melrose Place. 

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Richard Swallow
Sent: May 27, 2005 9:52 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [JAGNUTS] so where is coffee on Sunday

_________________________________________________________________
Powerful Parental Controls Let your child discover the best the Internet has
to offer. 
http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=htt
p://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines
  Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN. Premium right now and get the
first two months FREE*.
_______________________________________________
JAGNUTS Regina  -  mailing list
REPLY TO : [email-masked]
http://nonprofits.accesscomm.ca/jagnuts/Jagnuts.htm
_______________________________________________

-- 
No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
Version: 7.0.322 / Virus Database: 267.2.0 - Release Date: 2005.05.27

-- 
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
Version: 7.0.322 / Virus Database: 267.2.0 - Release Date: 2005.05.27