Subject: [JAGNUTS] I need help, MGB

From: A Martens <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 16:11:40 -0600

Hey all
LBC driving weather seems to have come a  bit earlier this year. I could use some help to get into the swing of things.

I couldn't drive my MG last year as I couldn't get it started. And with the personal matters we were dealing with, I didn't even have the energy to ask for help.

Well I am ready to ask for help - either a hand or recommendation where I can take it. I am not sure why it won't fire. I rectified a choke adjustment problem (twin SUs) the previous fall before I put it away and it seemed fine then. It may or may not be related to the current issue.

I WILL drive it this summer!
Cheers
Andrew

---

From: "Jennifer & Glen Perchie" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 17:01:34 -0600

Andrew:

Not driving it is not an option.

I just finished putting my front rotors back on after cleaning, inspecting
and repacking the bearings.  Maybe I'll plate her this weekend!

Before paying a garage for what may end up being a relatively simple fix,
I'm more than happy to give you my $0.02 worth.  If we put the collective
brains together on this, we might even come up with two-bits worth of
problem solving!

Glen

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of A Martens
Sent: April 8, 2010 4:12 PM
To: JAGNUT list
Subject: [JAGNUTS] I need help, MGB

Hey all
LBC driving weather seems to have come a  bit earlier this year. I could use
some help to get into the swing of things.

I couldn't drive my MG last year as I couldn't get it started. And with the
personal matters we were dealing with, I didn't even have the energy to ask
for help.

Well I am ready to ask for help - either a hand or recommendation where I
can take it. I am not sure why it won't fire. I rectified a choke adjustment
problem (twin SUs) the previous fall before I put it away and it seemed fine
then. It may or may not be related to the current issue.

I WILL drive it this summer!
Cheers
Andrew
_______________________________________________
JAGNUTS Regina  -  mailing list
REPLY TO : [email-masked]
http://nonprofits.accesscomm.ca/jagnuts/Jagnuts.htm
_______________________________________________

---

From: Mike <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 20:28:32 -0600

Hi Andrew,
  I'll be glad to come and have a look.  Unfortunately, this Sunday we are 
going to pick up the AH Sprite I bought, but perhaps next Saturday or Sunday 
would be ok.  I'm sure it is something minor and easy to fix.
Happy motoring  [soon]
Mike.
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "A Martens" <[email-masked]>
To: "JAGNUT list" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2010 4:11 PM
Subject: [JAGNUTS] I need help, MGB

> Hey all
> LBC driving weather seems to have come a  bit earlier this year. I could 
> use some help to get into the swing of things.
>
> I couldn't drive my MG last year as I couldn't get it started. And with 
> the personal matters we were dealing with, I didn't even have the energy 
> to ask for help.
>
> can take it. I am not sure why it won't fire. I rectified a choke 
> adjustment problem (twin SUs) the previous fall before I put it away and 
> it seemed fine then. It may or may not be related to the current issue.
>

---

From: A Martens <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 21:50:40 -0600

Hey, wow! What year?

andrew

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Mike" <[email-masked]>
To: "JAGNUTS Regina" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2010 8:28 PM
Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] I need help, MGB

> going to pick up the AH Sprite I bought, but perhaps next Saturday or 
> Sunday would be ok.  I'm sure it is something minor and easy to fix.
> Happy motoring  [soon]
> Mike.

---

From: Mike <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 09:40:14 -0600

A much modified 1959  I think, but I bought it sight unseen, just a couple 
of pics...hope I didn't make a mistake!

Mike.

---- Original Message ----- 
From: "A Martens" <[email-masked]>
To: "JAGNUTS Regina" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2010 9:50 PM
Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] AH Sprite

>>> Well I am ready to ask for help - either a hand or recommendation where 
>>> I can take it. I am not sure why it won't fire. I rectified a choke

---

From: ed <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 18:04:36 -0600

Mike:

Where are the pics?

Ed
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Mike" <[email-masked]>
To: "JAGNUTS Regina" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, April 09, 2010 9:40 AM
Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] AH Sprite

>>>  I'll be glad to come and have a look.  Unfortunately, this Sunday we 
>>> are going to pick up the AH Sprite I bought, but perhaps next Saturday 
>>> or Sunday would be ok.  I'm sure it is something minor and easy to fix.
>>> Happy motoring  [soon]
>>> Mike.
>>>> LBC driving weather seems to have come a  bit earlier this year. I 
>>>> could use some help to get into the swing of things.
>>>>
>>>> the personal matters we were dealing with, I didn't even have the 
>>>> energy to ask for help.
>>>>
>>>> adjustment problem (twin SUs) the previous fall before I put it away 
>>>> and it seemed fine then. It may or may not be related to the current 
>>>> issue.
>>>>

---

From: Mike <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 00:52:16 -0600

The owners father brought them to show me.  This was about a year and a half 
ago.  I happened to run into the owner about three weeks ago and he told me 
if I was still interested, I could buy it. He said he was moving, and needed 
to clean out the garage.  I borrowed a truck, licenced the car trailer, and 
Don and I are heading out Sunday morn.
  Have a nice breakfast on Sunday....Wish us luck
Mike.

PS  He kept the pictures..

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "ed" <[email-masked]>
To: "JAGNUTS Regina" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, April 09, 2010 6:04 PM
Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] AH Sprite

>>>>> I couldn't drive my MG last year as I couldn't get it started. And 
>>>>> with the personal matters we were dealing with, I didn't even have the 
>>>>> energy to ask for help.
>>>>>
>>>>> Well I am ready to ask for help - either a hand or recommendation 
>>>>> where I can take it. I am not sure why it won't fire. I rectified a 
>>>>> choke adjustment problem (twin SUs) the previous fall before I put it 
>>>>> away and it seemed fine then. It may or may not be related to the 
>>>>> current issue.
>>>>>