Subject: [JAGNUTS] Jagnuts New Member

From: "Bob" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 08:32:05 -0600

We have a new member, but don't get TOO excited because he's from Edmonton
(slight dig there at our neighbours to the east who's football team shall
remain nameless, but rhymes with "bleskimoes").

Frank is the editor of the Edmonton Classic Sports Car Club newsletter, and
has the same disease as many of us (too many cars!).  Frank has a 1957 MGA,
a 1958 MGA, and a 1968 Austin J4 10cwt van (projects all he reports).

Frank also notes : "As we're almost at the new year and will be planning
events for our club (Edmonton Classic Sports Car) I thought I'd better dip
my toe in the Jagnut madness just to stay in touch. Also there's a MG 2011
coming up and we hope to be going (if one of those projects gets on the
road) and would love to meet up with some Saskatchewan MG's too...
http://www.blueskyz.com/mgreg/sgselect.asp ".

If Frank gets me some photos, and if I ever get the web page software up and
running again. I'll post photos of his cars on the website.

Welcome Frank!

---

From: ECSCCeditor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 08:43:57 -0700

Thanks for the introduction, I think.  Here's a link to the article I sent off
to the British Saloon Car Club of Canada. The J4 has, for better or worse,
become a project vehicle for the club and we've had four metal bending
courses. Making bits and pieces and then getting them attached. Couldn't of
done it without founding club member Phil Johnson who now does restorations
for a living. He's been giving us a deal on all his work so I mention that as
often as I can. The guys who come out do learn a bit on shaping metal which in
part is what the project is all about but it's also brought out people who
don't come out to any other club events. And that's been the most fun.

Here's the link, spread it around the nuts  Austin Article..
http://www.box.net/shared/4ktgayfqrm  . I can also include Jagnuts in our
newsletter exchange, we exchange newsletters with clubs from as far away as
Australia to as close as Calgary. From Victoria to Nova Scotia so we love to
send our newsletter out because people who are passing through when somethings
going on can join in..

Don't know if it'll ever look as good as the Sask Brit clubs Bedford but it's
been fun. Supposed to get some necessary bits from the UK once a member gets
over there and arranges to pick it up. Once that happens there's a chance it
will get on the road. We're getting an engine from Western Classics. and some
front end work from the Sports Car Centre (mostly the same as a Healey 100/4)
so in a year or two you might see it at Brits by the bus. But no promises it's
taken me 18 years to get one of my MG's close to finish.

Frank French
Editor The Open Road
Edmonton Classic Sports Car Club
57 & 58 MGAs, 68 Austin J4 (Projects all)

This is an exchange newsletter we ask that you do not forward this on unless
it is to further foster exchange.  Thank you

---

From: Jennifer & Glen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2011 21:18:51 -0600

Hi guys:

Anyone got a thrashed MG steering rack or parts?  I'm looking for the 
bottom thrust washer for the pinion shaft.

Thanks!

Glen

---

From: "Mike Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2011 07:07:09 -0600

I likely have what you need. 949-8176

Mike Adams

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Jennifer & Glen" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Saturday, December 03, 2011 9:18 PM
Subject: [JAGNUTS] MG Steering Rack Thrust Washer

> _______________________________________________
> JAGNUTS Regina  -  mailing list
> REPLY TO : [email-masked]
> http://nonprofits.accesscomm.ca/jagnuts/Jagnuts.htm
> _______________________________________________