Subject: RE: [JAGNUTS] What you goin' to do Willis??

From: "Bob Burnyeat" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 10:00:25 -0600

Bob Burnyeat here in S'toon. At this point I hope to either catch up
with the tour for the alley (our family used to have a cabin at Katepwa
- wouldn't it be neat to block off that Katepwa to the Fort road just
for ourselves!) run in to Regina, then stay with the tour thru to
Saskatoon, but not beyond. If time gets tight, I'll hook up in Regina
for Wednesday night if there's things going on. If no events Wednesday
evening, I'll zip down early Thursday morning.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Ian Bailey
Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 9:42 AM
To: Jagnuts
Cc: 'John McEwen'; John Davisdon
Subject: [JAGNUTS] What you goin' to do Willis??

Hello everyone,

Can everyone please take a few minutes and let me know your plans as of
today re: JONAT 2006? Even if they are tentative at this time. I am
getting worried mostly about available hotel rooms that I would like to
get set aside. Remember it is the long July 1st weekend that people are
passing through Saskatchewan so we have to get our rooms set aside
quickly while there are still some available.

There are 7 legs to consider your participation. Please let me know ASAP
if you are even thinking about taking part in any one or more of these
legs (Confirmation and registration can follow and you can change your
mind with no penalty fees at all):

1.	Tuesday, June 27, Regina to Winnipeg Day: Leaving in convoy
Tuesday
morning, June 27. We would join the JONAT tour in Winnipeg for that
night's events. So far Bob, Mike and I are planning this. Maybe Jim
Pratt and friends and others have expressed some interest in this leg.
Of note, we would have the Jaguar World Monthly writer join us (to be
confirmed) driving Jim's 120.
2.	Wednesday, June 28, Valley Drive Day: Meeting the Tour coming in
from Winnipeg on Wednesday, June 28 at the official hand over spot in
Virden, Manitoba around noon and then driving on the Tour back to
Regina.
Donna has developed some good routes as yet to be confirmed but they
will off the #1 and driving through the valley. Norm, Sherry, Tony, and
others have expressed interest in this event. Of note, we are hoping
that the Saskatoon people will join us in the valley along the way and
drive into Regina with Tour.
3.	Wednesday, June 28, over night in Regina: We are planning a
nice,
relatively informal, relaxed evening in Regina, following the long drive
from Winnipeg. I have to know again how many people are planning on
coming in to set aside hotel rooms, likely the Hotel Saskatchewan.
4.	Thursday, June 29, Corner Gas Day: Following breakfast, we will
tour
the Regina Corner Gas studios in the morning, go to Chris' Melrose Place
for lunch (Chris will set aside a place to show the cars), and then
convoy to Rouleau for the afternoon tour of the outdoor sets. I need to
know how many people are coming form Regina for planning purposes. So
plan on talking the day off if you can and join us for the day. In the
evening we are planning the party at Ed's with Chris catering. 
5.	Friday, June 30, Saskatoon Day: Leaving in the morning cars will
head to Saskatoon. Ed Driver and Mike Scales are hatching great plans.
We will overnight in Saskatoon, likely staying at the Saskatoon Inn.
BOOK ROOMS FAST. It is Friday of the long weekend. Let me know if you
are even thinking of coming so I can try to set aside some rooms.
6.	Saturday, July 1, North Battleford Hand Off Day: Cars will head
to
North Battleford in the morning and meeting with the Alberta people for
our official hand off. Tours are planned for the Fort and the Western
Development Museum so far.
7.	Saturday, July 1 Edmonton Over Night: I hope we can get a few
cars
who want to travel a little further down the road and join in on some
planned Alberta events in Edmonton and area. John McEwen
[[email-masked]], the Alberta Sector Coordinator, is a great car guy
and has planned some excellent, not to missed, scenic driving tours. But
he has to know, as I do here, how many people are coming. Please
consider this night. I would like to have at least 2 cars visit Edmonton
for July 1 do some tours on Sunday and get home safely inn convoy. I am
considering coming in on Sunday (I have personal commitments Saturday
night in Regina) so I could join anyone for the drive home. Mike might
consider going if there are others. Maybe Tony..maybe others. Anyway
think about it. I know how hard it is to plan on events and then have
few show up which would be hard for John in Alberta.
And I have no confirmation, at this time, that anyone is traveling
through the Tour from Manitoba to Alberta.

Anyway, please let know ASAP what you are thinking...which legs are you
participating in..etc.  I will continue to let everyone know what other
people are thinking such that we can build momentum knowing we can join
other people who are participating in some of the legs. Also, feel free
to express your ideas, alternatives, suggestions, additions,
details...etc.  

Thanks for your time and consideration of this matter. Get those cars
ready!!!! There are only 105 days left!

Ian

Cell 306-591-4574
_______________________________________________
JAGNUTS Regina  -  mailing list
REPLY TO : [email-masked]
http://nonprofits.accesscomm.ca/jagnuts/Jagnuts.htm
_______________________________________________

---

From: "Ian Bailey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 09:57:37 -0600

Thanks Bob, will keep you informed as we progress. Also I like your ideas.
We'll see what we can do.

Ian
 
Office 306-584-5900
Cell 306-591-4574
-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Bob Burnyeat
Sent: March 15, 2006 10:00 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [JAGNUTS] What you goin' to do Willis??

-----Original Message-----

Hello everyone,

 

Ian

Cell 306-591-4574