Subject: [JAGNUTS] FW: Day Tripper Entry Fee

From: "Ian Bailey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 08:42:11 -0600

FYI. Communication from Mark re: JONAT 2006. Mark is the main JONAT
Coordinator.

Ian
 
Office 306-584-5900
Cell 306-591-4574
-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Stephenson [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: March 16, 2006 3:45 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Day Tripper Entry Fee

I thought I had sent something out about this, but perhaps I just discussed
it so much I figured I must have.

We had some concerns from a few SCs that members in their sector didn't want
to pay the full $49 (which includes a badge and route binder) if they were
only traveling a short distance with JONAT. Therefore we came up with a
Day-Tripper rate of $19US (+ $5US for insurance coverage for non-JCNA
members). Here's what's posted on the registration page.

"Entry fee is $49, regardless of the number of sectors you will be entering;
it includes a collectible grille badge to cherish as a tour memento and a
very functional route binder, that can be re-used for other rallies and
tours. Designed by the geniuses at JONAT it is excellent for use in the
cramped confines of sports cars. The clear acrylic covers give a solid
writing surface for notes and allow maps and directions to be read while
keeping them from flipping around in open-topped cars. 

"Day-tripper option: If you are only joining JONAT for part of a sector and
don't want the binder or badge, we have a special rate of $19. We think
you'll regret not opting for the binder and badge, but a few people have
requested we make this option available."

Please note that these registration fees are per car. It was an assumption
everyone made and never stated. 

Please encourage everyone who is traveling your sector with you to take
advantage of one of these registration options. We can't keep people off
public roads, so if they are going to tag along without paying there isn't
much we can do, but please don't suggest or encourage it. If you are going
to have a get-together with club members who aren't going any appreciable
distance with you, obviously they don't have to pay, but if they're making a
few hours or half a day of it, they should contribute to the success. The
measure of support for the tour is based on the registrations. A great
turnout will build momentum to have another one in 2008. 

Remember, the proceeds from JONAT registrations will be split between JCNA,
who we thank for their logistical and financial support and the World Land
Trust for the purchase and preservation of Jaguar habitat in Latin America.

COMPLETING THE REGISTRATION FORM

A bunch of people, including some SCs did not check the boxes to indicate
what sectors they are taking. This is important. Please stress this to the
participants in your sector. It is how we, as SCs, know how many people are
traveling with us. When you check the sector page, people who have checked
the box for your sector will show up in your list of participants. If they
only indicate a start and end point, they won't. Start and end points are
also important because an SC doesn't know you are going to pick up the tour
at a certain point, they won't look or wait for you.

I asked Pascal to make those fields required before you can register.
Remember, you can always go back in and change things if your plans change.

GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS

Bad news first: It looks like we'll have to cancel the Oregon Sector, there
apparently is no one willing to drive it. I have to express my thanks to
Jerry Liudahl who set up a route despite the fact that a scheduling conflict
prevented him from participating. I figured with that part out of the way,
surely someone from JOCO or even a non JCNA-member would step up to run the
sector, but apparently not. I'm going to assemble a mailing list of all the
participants to date and mention this to them. There may be someone who is
planning to travel back to CA from the end of the Washington sector, so I'll
leave the door open for a few days. I'll admit that it is quite discouraging
to not have a continuous loop around the continent.

At least we can end on a bright note. We have almost 50 registrations right
now and I noticed that many of the SCs have not registered. If you are an SC
and haven't registered, please do so as soon as possible. 

We have a couple people who are going to take some long segments of the
tour. Almost a third of the people have signed up for more than one sector.
We have one entrant doing three -- S.CA., AZ, and NV. One person has signed
up to drive the entire East Coast from Florida to the Canadian border! 

Those of you who have registered will be seeing some of this a second time.
I'm going to make a mailing list of all the participants and e-mail them
some of the above information.

Mark Stephenson, JCNA/JONAT Coordinator
Sector Coordinator - Arizona
Jaguar Owners North American Tour - http://www.jcna.com/jonat/index.php
JONAT Sector Coordinator Guide - http://www.jcna.com/jonat/scguide.html
2004 JONAT Website - www.jonat.org