Subject: [JAGNUTS] BRITS BY THE BUS - GATHER AT TIM HORTONS

From: "Bob" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 19:35:37 -0600

Just a reminder that we are meeting at Tim Horton's on Rochdale tomorrow at
12 noon.  Those of you not going but want to see off the intrepid travellers
are welcome to join the group.

For those heading up to Saskatoon, please make sure your tanks are full
(fuel tanks that is!) and you are ready to go when you arrive.

See you tomorrow.

Bob 

 <http://nonprofits.accesscomm.ca/jagnuts/Jagnuts.htm>
http://nonprofits.accesscomm.ca/jagnuts/Jagnuts.htm

---

From: Jennifer & Glen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 20:41:48 -0600

Well...

Hopefully everyone is home and reminiscing about a great day.  (Even 
Mike and Andy should be home by now.)

I just wanted to thank our Saskatoon cohort for sending the search party 
for me today.  Although, I was Pretty confident it was something silly 
like a plugged filter or bad points, (Turned out to be a bad condenser - 
Thanks to Bob Forward for figuring that out!), I had this sinking 
feeling in my gut that I would be sitting on pins and needles all the 
way home.

When "Little Red" started burping and farting, I saw all of your tail 
lights round the corner.  I thought, "Hmm, wonder if they'll notice I'm 
missing?"  After about 20 minutes of fiddling with the thing, I thought 
for sure you had left without me.  Then, I looked up and saw Bob and 
Tony.  I must have looked like a lost kid in a department store when he 
finds his parents!  It just feels better to know you're with the "herd" 
when your car isn't feeling well.

One thing I've learned is that this group never leaves anyone behind.  
Thanks for that!

Glen

---

From: Mike <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 11:32:57 -0600

No problem Glen,

  That new diffy seems to work really well, you were cruising at about 110 
all the way home!{sometimes 118]

Mike.

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Jennifer & Glen" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sunday, July 25, 2010 8:41 PM
Subject: [JAGNUTS] A Great Day

> Well...
>
> Hopefully everyone is home and reminiscing about a great day.  (Even Mike 
> and Andy should be home by now.)
>
> Thanks to Bob Forward for figuring that out!), I had this sinking feeling 
> in my gut that I would be sitting on pins and needles all the way home.
>
> for sure you had left without me.  Then, I looked up and saw Bob and Tony. 
> I must have looked like a lost kid in a department store when he finds his 
> parents!  It just feels better to know you're with the "herd" when your 
> car isn't feeling well.
>
> _______________________________________________
> JAGNUTS Regina  -  mailing list
> REPLY TO : [email-masked]
> _______________________________________________

---

From: Jennifer & Glen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 12:19:54 -0600

Really???  I was going to ask you that.  I kept it just around the 3500 
RPM mark.

On 26/07/2010 11:32 AM, Mike wrote:
> No problem Glen,
>
>  That new diffy seems to work really well, you were cruising at about 
> 110 all the way home!{sometimes 118]
>
> Mike.
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jennifer & Glen" 
> <[email-masked]>
>> pefully everyone is home and reminiscing about a great day.  (Even 
>> I just wanted to thank our Saskatoon cohort for sending the search 
>> party for me today.  Although, I was Pretty confident it was 
>> something silly like a plugged filter or bad points, (Turned out to 
>> be a bad condenser - Thanks to Bob Forward for figuring that out!), I 
>> had this sinking feeling in my gut that I would be sitting on pins 
>> and needles all the way home.
>>
>> lights round the corner.  I thought, "Hmm, wonder if they'll notice 
>> I'm missing?"  After about 20 minutes of fiddling with the thing, I 
>> thought for sure you had left without me.  Then, I looked up and saw 
>> Bob and Tony. I must have looked like a lost kid in a department 
>> store when he finds his parents!  It just feels better to know you're 
>> with the "herd" when your car isn't feeling well.
>>

---

From: "Bob" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 22:23:02 -0600

Yes indeed, a fine day out.  I'd like to extend my thanks as well to Bob
Forward for helping Glen out while his fellow travellers were leaving him
temporarily in the dust.  Bob was kind enough to delay the final fix until
Tony and I arrived on the scene; without Tony and I standing around watching
I sure the fix would have taken much longer.

Thanks everyone for sticking around and assisting trying to get Ol' Silver
running.  In the quiet of my garage (as opposed to the roar of the number 11
highway just north-west of Regina), it seems like it was indeed the points
that were bad.  The ones we pulled out Saturday certainly were bad.  The new
(old) replacement points were OK, but one bit was grounding out inside the
distributor, causing lack of spark.  I should have her running tomorrow
night with any luck.

I think Glen may have coined a new motto for our group ... "No man left
behind" ... kinda' catchy ...

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Jennifer & Glen
Sent: July 25, 2010 8:42 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [JAGNUTS] A Great Day

Well...

Glen

---

From: "Bob" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 07:55:12 -0600

We should also thank those in Saskatoon who once again hosted a very good
event.  Despite the unusually high incidence of distributor related issues
in our entourage, I think we all had a great time (except, of course, for
the football game on the tube Saturday evening).

Those with dual citizenship please pass along our thanks to those in the
SBCC who made the event quite a success.

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Bob
Sent: July 26, 2010 10:23 PM
To: 'JAGNUTS Regina'
Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] A Great Day

Bob

-----Original Message-----

Well...

Glen