Subject: [JAGNUTS] Re: Davidson races

From: "MGAdams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 07:58:45 -0600

Again it appears there is some interest about the old racing days in
Saskatchewan, including Davidson. I was never fortunate enough to do any of my
racing in Saskatchewan, but as a member of the Regina Sports Car Club, I have
access to the archives, and have collected a great deal of Saskatchewan Motor
Sport History. My records show the first ever race on a road course was in
Davidson in 1957. That would make 2007 the 50th anniversary of road racing in
Sask.
I have been to the present Davidson track remains, and there is still one
semi-active runway in use by a crop duster. It could be tidied up and an
autocross or gymkhana could be held. Perhaps a collaboration of the current
Saskatchewan clubs could organize an event in Davidson. I am sure the
community would welcome a parade, car show type of event, with a low key fun
competitive event at the old track. Likely the Jagnuts, Regina Sports Car
Club, Saskatoon Sports Car Club, Queen City Motorsports Association, and other
clubs I don't know might find the idea intriguing and offer their services,
and some manpower.
I plan to coordinate this event for the May long weekend in 2007, on the
Sunday. I think that is the 20th. Plans would be; an easy drive arriving about
11AM, set-up a car show on Main Street, street luncheon buffet or something,
parade away by 1ish, those that want to compete head to track for autocross or
gymkhana or spectate, a few hours of fun driving at the track, easy drive home
in time for supper.
I already have some contacts in Davidson that are keen to help host something
and I don't think access to the remaining track will be a problem.
I am currently in the middle of my own vintage racing season and can not
devote the time to provide much more of the details, but will work on the
event coordination in September. In the meantime, others heading out to
Davidson for the road trip and checking out the track would be a great idea.

Mike Adams
(I will also post on the SSCC and QCMA forums)

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Lorne Vanin
  To: [email-masked]
  Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2006 10:34 AM
  Subject: Davidson races

  Speaking of road trips, I thought I would once again mention the idea of
driving out to the old race track in Davidson some time this summer.  Any
interest?