Subject: [JAGNUTS] FW: JAGNUTS

From: "JAGNUTS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 20:24:30 -0600

A note below from the person who did the article on Morgan's car last year.
Anyone interested?

Bob

http://nonprofits.accesscomm.ca/jagnuts/jagnuts.htm

  _____  

From: Julie Folk [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: April 02, 2010 4:05 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: JAGNUTS

Hello,

If any members of the Jagnuts would like their vehicle featured in the
Leader-Post driving section, please contact me at the information below

Thank you!

Julie

Julie Folk
Freelance Journalist
(306) 537-6336
[email-masked]

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 9.0.800 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/2786 - Release Date: 04/02/10
12:32:00

---

From: Anthony Koschinsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2010 20:35:17 -0600

For those who are interested in this sort of thing, here's the info on the September events in Alberta:

http://www.rivercityclassics.com/Main%20Show%20Details.html
 
http://www.bombercommandmuseum.ca/event_merlinrunups.html

Tony

On 2010-04-02, at 8:24 PM, JAGNUTS wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> JAGNUTS Regina  -  mailing list
> REPLY TO : [email-masked]
> http://nonprofits.accesscomm.ca/jagnuts/Jagnuts.htm
> _______________________________________________

---

From: "Bob" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 23:11:08 -0600

Thanks Tony ... when I get around to updating the website I'll add these
items ... Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Anthony Koschinsky
Sent: June 1, 2010 8:35 PM
To: JAGNUTS Regina
Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] FW: JAGNUTS

For those who are interested in this sort of thing, here's the info on the
September events in Alberta:

Tony

---

From: Bob England <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2010 09:41:39 -0600

I have a bit of a problem and I'm hoping some brake expert (like Mike!) out
there might be able to help.

Over the winter the master cylinder on the XJ6 decided to spring a leak.
Bought a new master, replaced old with new, and bled brakes.

Now, the pedal travel is now quite long before braking starts, and requires
more pressure to brake (like I am getting no boost).  Brakes don't seem
spongy.  

Last night I pulled the master away from the booster without disconnecting
brake lines, and new master does not seem to have an external leak.  Pulled
the vacuum line off the booster (with car shut off) and vacuum was being
held, as there was a definite rush of air when the vacuum pipe was pulled.
No leaks at any brake lines or joints that I can see.  Flex brake lines are
likely original, but no signs of swelling.

Rear brake pads likely will need to be replaced in the not too distant
future, but are OK.

Any thoughts?

Bob

---

From: Ron McLean <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 13:34:31 -0500

Have you checked the clearence between the push rod comming out of the booster
and going into the back piston of the master cyl. Some times rebuilt master
cyl. may have a new piston that is not exatly like the original. This might
make the foot pedal travel to far and possibly beyond the boosters usable
range.            Ron

> Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 09:41:39 -0600
> From: [email-masked]
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [JAGNUTS] Brake Issue
>

_________________________________________________________________
MSN Dating: Find someone special. Start now.
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9734384

---

From: J Karloff <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 16:40:56 -0500

Hello Bob ,
  If the car is drivable bring it and all the old parts out to the Coulee
tomorrow
and I can have a look at it ,I will be home and working in the garage on
Saturday.

   Thank You Jim

> From: [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 13:34:31 -0500
> Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] Brake Issue
>

_________________________________________________________________
Learn more ways to connect with your buddies now
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9734388

---

From: Bob England <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2010 15:50:38 -0600

Thanks Ron ... but no I have not checked this ... how do you check this? ...
it is easy enough to pull off the master cylinder and the pin from the
booster is treaded so I am assuming there is some adjustment ... I didn't
see anything in the manual as to how to check this either ... any
suggestions? ... Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Ron McLean
Sent: June 4, 2010 12:35 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] Brake Issue

Have you checked the clearence between the push rod comming out of the
booster
and going into the back piston of the master cyl. Some times rebuilt master
cyl. may have a new piston that is not exatly like the original. This might
make the foot pedal travel to far and possibly beyond the boosters usable
range.            Ron

---

From: Bob England <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2010 16:00:43 -0600

---

From: Ron McLean <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2010 23:09:44 -0500

You could put a little piece of plastercyne or soft putty in the break master
cyl and then bolt it to the booster. It will squish the putty out and you will
be left with the clearence. look to see if the putty has been squished out to
far and is showing metal in the master cyl piston where it has touched or to
much putty where it has not squished out enough. There should be a very thin
amount of putty left in the back of the piston, this is so the piston can come
all the way back to the end of the bore to alow the break system to release
all of the break fluid back to the master cyl. resovoir so as to not have the
breaks pump up and stay on.            Ron

> Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 15:50:38 -0600

_________________________________________________________________
Turn down-time into play-time with Messenger games
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9734385