Subject: [JAGNUTS] Picnic in the Park and History Road

From: Edmonton Classic Sports Car Club <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 11:15:29 -0600

For those who might not want to head East there are a number of cars from
Saskatoon heading to Picnic in the Park and History Road in Edmonton on June
9th and 10th.

The Alberta All British Motoring Society puts on a show every odd year but to
keep the venue they host a Picnic in the Park where people with British Cars
come on down and have a little show. Very relaxed set up.

The Edmonton Sports Car Club then goes out on Sunday to take part in History
Road a show put on by the Reynolds Alberta Museum. That's a small gem of a
museum located in Wetaskiwin AB and they get a good selection of vehicles from
around the province to add to their impressive collection.

This year it looks like we have six or seven cars coming from Saskatoon.
That's because about the same number from Edmonton show up at Brits by the
Bus.  Should be a good time

http://www.history.alberta.ca/reynolds/specialevents/historyroad.aspx  Looks
like at this time the Sasktooners will be staying at the Radisson in south
Edmonton http://www.radisson.com/edmonton-hotel-ab-t6h5c2/abedmsou  something
about a British Style Pub on site I think was the deciding factor.  Easy
access to the Picnic in the park and a straight run to the meeting point for
the run to History Run.
http://www.radisson.com/edmonton-hotel-ab-t6h5c2/abedmsou

We've also approached the MG club of Calgary about Brits by the Bus and they
might have a few cars heading there as well. Should be jam packed

Thought in case you're looking for other run options..   And I've had my only
runner.. the 66 GT Ugly Betty B out every week but one since just after
Christmas.  (was waiting for wheel work and tires)

Though if the roads weren't so straight going to Kenora I might be interested
too..  There's that one turn by Russell to look forward too  (Hwy 16 to
Portage)

Regards

Frank French
Interim Editor The Open Road
Edmonton Classic Sports Car Club & a Jagnut
57& 58 MGAs, 66 MGB-GT, 68 Austin J4

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If
you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy
this e-mail.

---

From: Ian Bailey <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 11:17:48 -0600

Could do. Ian
On 2012-03-14, at 11:15 AM, Edmonton Classic Sports Car Club wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> JAGNUTS Regina  -  mailing list
> REPLY TO : [email-masked]
> http://nonprofits.accesscomm.ca/jagnuts/Jagnuts.htm
> _______________________________________________

---

From: Edmonton Classic Sports Car Club <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 09:08:17 -0600

For those who might consider a run to Edmonton and the Picnic in the Park and
History Road the contact with the Saskatchewan British Car Club is their
editor John Pharr.  At the moment they're looking at staying at the Radisson
Hotel in Edmonton South.
http://www.radisson.com/edmonton-hotel-ab-t6h5c2/abedmsou  The picnic in the
park starts in the morning with the "gates" closing by eleven which would make
for a bit of a charge from Regina.  The Hotel has a British Style Pub on site
which was one reason it was chosen and is just up the road from a Superstore
(Picnic) and Liquor store.

The Edmonton Club goes to History Road as a group on Sunday Morning meeting in
Leduc McD's and has been setting up in the middle of the museum's set up. That
show ends at Four and it's a good run from Wetaskiwin over to Camrose and then
down on Hwy 13 to Amisk and down 888 to the Trans Canada near Medicine Hat.
It's a good road as we took that route to go rescue my MGB-GT a non runner
which is now a rolling restoration.. emphasis on rolling right now.

Frank French
Interim Editor The Open Road
Edmonton Classic Sports Car Club
57& 58 MGAs, 66 MGB-GT, 68 Austin J4

---

From: "Bob" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 21:46:28 -0600

It sounded like the consensus at breakfast yesterday was that the Edmonton
event was where everyone was leaning. Indeed, how can anyone pass up
something billed as the "Ultimate Car Show"!

http://www.history.alberta.ca/reynolds/specialevents/historyroad.aspx

Now we need to go through the ritual selection of "The JAGNUTS World Tour
Organizational Poo-Bah".  Any volunteers?  Not all that much to do (much
like herding cats), but it would be good to get someone to point us in the
right direction.

Bob

---

From: Edmonton Classic Sports Car Club <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 22:28:09 -0600

North West.. 

Frank

---

From: Ian Bailey <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 07:32:32 -0600

Bob, I could do organize "stuff". Ian

Sent from my iPhone

---

From: Bob Burnyeat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 07:48:53 -0600

Ok gang - so are you doing Edmonton or Winnipeg?
Also Kathy and I are intrigued by Goodwood 2013. My card only has a $10 limit
so use Ian's.

----- Original Message -----
From: Ian Bailey [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 07:32 AM
To: JAGNUTS Regina
<[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] Edmonton - Picnic in the Park and History Road

Sent from my iPhone

---

From: Ian Bailey <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 08:49:46 -0600

Having no idea what people will do....I think Edmonton. This means Winnipeg
will likely happen. Ian

Sent from my iPhone

---

From: "Bob" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 20:37:38 -0600

Bob

It's Edmonton for June.

For Goodwood you may want to think about increasing your credit card limit;
$10 might buy you a used pebble (Ian's $15 might get him a brand new
pebble!).  We need to figure out how to get a government grant ...

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Bob Burnyeat
Sent: March 20, 2012 7:49 AM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] Edmonton - Picnic in the Park and History Road

Ok gang - so are you doing Edmonton or Winnipeg?
Also Kathy and I are intrigued by Goodwood 2013. My card only has a $10
limit
so use Ian's.

----- Original Message -----
From: Ian Bailey [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 07:32 AM
To: JAGNUTS Regina
<[email-masked]>

Sent from my iPhone