Subject: [JAGNUTS] FW: [E-Type] BREAKING NEWS! STOLEN CARS SIGHTED! Long live the internet!

From: "Bob" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 21:00:18 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of PeterCrespin
Sent: July 3, 2012 12:58 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [E-Type] BREAKING NEWS! STOLEN CARS SIGHTED! Long live the
internet!

Thanks to the wonders of the internet and Jaguaristas spreading the word, it
seems my cars are in North Yorkshire. 

Letitia Mace who runs the Jaguar newsletter xclusively-jaguar.com is one of
many who have kindly put out an APB for the cars and a member fo that gorup
David Bell emailed back to say he saw a blue car like mine being worked on
and pushed hurriedly back in to a barn as he drove past. He left his name
and I just called him (and the police). Here's what he said...bearing in
mind dark blue is not a rare colour for E-types in the UK so I wasn't
getting my hopes up.

He saw a blue car being pushed back into a barn. It hada silver hard top.
That's mine, surely? The top had wrapping all over it - bingo! That would be
the shippers doing as I had pointedo ut it was brand new paint. Blue car,
silver hardtop in wrapping - bigo!

He said there were other cars and it was partly behind an old white Mercedes
sports car. I said that wasn't mine but they did steal two cars - the other
one was a red FHC. He said there was a blakc Toyota pick-up with some E-type
parts in it, including ap iar of coupe doors in red. I said mine was red but
he said they were scruffy - YES, mine were scruffy! 

It has to be my two cars although, tragically, it sounds like the FHC is
stripped and no doubt all those original undisturbed Browns Lane fasteners
are lying the mud of some barn and goodness knows what has happened to the
immacualte original interios vinyl etc. I don't know whether to laugh or cry
:-(

Anyway, I contacted the Cambridgeshire police and David has contacted the
Ripon police a couple of hundred miles north, so hopefully the parts and my
OTS will be recovered. I will keep you all posted of course.

Technical question for Carl...

If I lose two intact cars and receive back two piles of parts I am obviously
not in the position I was in before the theft. Can I ask for the cars to be
put back together or do get a lesser payout and the piles of parts as
salvage, or what?

Pete
--
1E75339 66 D, 1R9720 69OTS
Gaithersburg (in transit), United States --Posted using Jag-lovers JagFORUM
[forums.jag-lovers.org]--

______________________________________________________
Search the archives & forums - http://search.jag-lovers.org/ Subscription
changes - http://www.jag-lovers.com/cgi-bin/majordomo
Support Jag-lovers - Donate at http://www.jag-lovers.org/donate04.php

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 11:32:36 -0300 (ADT)

Bob:
Behold the power of C3I: Command, control, & communicate Information...
Ray W on the RH coast.

> _______________________________________________
> JAGNUTS Regina  -  mailing list
> REPLY TO : [email-masked]
> http://nonprofits.accesscomm.ca/jagnuts/Jagnuts.htm
> _______________________________________________