Subject: [JAGNUTS] FW: stolen car and trailer

From: "Bob" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 07:59:10 -0600

Something to keep an eye out for ... 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Ed Townley
Sent: October 21, 2005 5:45 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: stolen car and trailer

Sorry to Bomb the list, but thought if any of you guys and gals belong to MG
lists, maybe you can forward this info.

One of our local brit car club members had his MG TD and enclosed trailer
stolen Sunday night.  Neighbors surveillance camera caught the act, but not
enough detail to ID the scumbags.  They backed a dark colored truck into his
driveway and cut security chains, apparently picked up the front of trailer
somehow (ignoring the hitch anti-theft lock), pulled it off the blocks (he
had it leveled and most of weight off the trailer tires) and disappeared.
All this in TWO MINUTES.  Dont know if they were Car thieves who got the
trailer, or Trailer thieves who got a bonus of a concours TD in the
operation.  Doesnt matter, the stuff is gone, along with a bunch of
Whitworth tools.  Although the stuff probably was in Mexico within 30
minutes, with the Red MG logo already painted white. (Juarez is 40 miles
south), please alert all in the brit car community of the following:

1952 MG TD roadster, registered 1953

VIN No. and car No. TD15559:    License Plate No. 1952 MG (New Mexico)

Car number located on front left frame

Body Type  22381;  Body No.  14920/15957

Engine Block No.s 168421  2621D3; Head No. 168422

Brass Plate on Engine No. 27782, Type XPAG . TD2

Bright red body paint w/ red leather seats, red radiator slats and head
lights.

Bias Ply tires w/ gray steel wheels. Spare tire cover is red with chrome
surround.

Wood dash has all original instruments and switches.

This MG is Concours condition and is a two time National Champion.

Haulmark, Kodiak enclosed white trailer with silver trim.

2100 lbs made in 2001

Four wheels, side door on left, ramp door on rear.

14 ft long, 7 ft wide, 8 ft high, aluminum construction with wood paneling
inside.

4 inch row black and white checker racing stripes pained on sides, front to
rear.

Large 2 = foot MG logo painted on back in red paint.

VIN No. 16HPB14291A003573

License Plate No. 47371TRD

Both items were stolen from Las Cruces, New Mexico on 16 October 2005

Report any information to Las Cruces police department: (505) 528-4200 or
4222.

Or call Charles Beard (owner) at (505) 496-7011 or (505) 525-0993

Case no. 25-21580

Thanks, and let this be a reminder to us allour best attempts at security
can be overcome in minutes by determined thieves.

Ed Townley

Southern NM, USA

-- 
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
Version: 7.0.344 / Virus Database: 267.12.2/137 - Release Date: 2005.10.16