Subject: [JAGNUTS] Jaguar XF

From: "Bob England - Mechanical Design Group" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 13:30:02 -0600

>From Duane Hipkiss ...
 
Canadian Auto Press

The Jaguar Mk.II of the 1960s is an iconic vehicle, and one of the most
popular Jaguars of its era. Immediately recognizable, this classic sedan was
brought back to life in modern times as the S-Type, back in 1999. Sharing a
common chassis and drivetrain with the now discontinued Lincoln LS, plus
modernized 'retro' styling, many were unconvinced of Jaguar's creation.
Significant updates in '02 and '05 improved the S-Type immensely, however,
the modifications weren't enough to keep it fresh in the eyes of the luxury
consumer. Jaguar is hoping to change this with the S-Type replacement, the
XF, which was announced yesterday.

Though it has yet to be confirmed, there's plenty of news with regards to
what the XF might look like. Many have speculated that it will be a
road-going version of 2003's RD-6 Concept. This is a likely proposition
given that it has many similar characteristics to the current S-Type's
classically-inspired lines. But aft the nose, the RD-6 is different than the
Jags that are on the road today thanks to its asymmetrical hatchback opening
(yes, you read that right, hatchback), and stumpy, rounded tail. Others are
suggesting that the XF will look more like the X-Coupe, which has a more
conventional tail that shares the tensed rear haunch lines with the XK
Coupe.

Jaguar XF Coupe (Click Here)
<http://autoshow.en.autos.sympatico.msn.ca/autoshow/Paris2006/PhotogalleryPo
pup.aspx?cp-documentid=1354404&gallery-photo-number=1> 

"The Jaguar XF will challenge people to think again about Jaguar as daring
and different," says Bibiana Boerio, Managing Director of Jaguar Cars. "Our
new XK sports car has been very well-received and is enjoying great success.
We are now moving on to the next stage of Jaguar's exciting new design era -
and if you like the new XK, just wait until you see the new Jaguar XF!"

In order to change the way that people think about Jaguar, the XF is going
to be more of a performance sports sedan, rather than a relaxed cruiser like
the current S-Type. Given the success that the brand had with the current XK
and XJ in terms of dynamics, if these two are anything to go by, BMW's
5-Series should have something to worry about. Expect the entry-level XF to
be powered by the new 3.2-litre inline-six featured in the Volvo S80/XC90
and Land Rover LR2, while the V8 model will be powered by the 300-hp AJ V8.
An R-model will most likely follow, featuring a 420-hp supercharged V8.

Jaguar XF Coupe (Click Here)
<http://autoshow.en.autos.sympatico.msn.ca/autoshow/Paris2006/PhotogalleryPo
pup.aspx?cp-documentid=1354404&gallery-photo-number=1> 

The first deliveries of the new XF will take place in spring of 2008, which
might seem far away, but that's a whole lot earlier than was initially
expected. The replacement to the S-Type was to be made of aluminum, held
together by epoxy and rivets, like the XK and XJ, but this plan of action
was scrapped. Though it would have made the XF a lightweight in its class,
the aluminum route would have delayed its launch by a further 18 months,
time being a luxury that Jaguar is currently short on.

---

From: Tony Koschinsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 11:46:16 -0600

Going from the future back to the past where most of us dwell, I finally 
remembered to get the link for the place that I got the Gold Portfolio 
books.

http://motolit.com/

Tony

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Bob England - Mechanical Design Group" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, January 02, 2007 1:30 PM
Subject: [JAGNUTS] Jaguar XF

> _______________________________________________
> JAGNUTS Regina  -  mailing list
> REPLY TO : [email-masked]
> http://nonprofits.accesscomm.ca/jagnuts/Jagnuts.htm
> _______________________________________________

---

From: Tony Koschinsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 21:03:19 -0600

While we are on the subject of oil (while I am, anyway) this link appeared 
on the TR6 BBS today.

http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/engine/flat_tappet_cam_tech/index.html

Enjoy.  Maybe Mike can get us a case lot deal on the VW version of the zinc 
additive that he uses.

Tony

---

From: mike scales <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 10:09:29 -0600

Hi All...I will see what I can do about the additive....Mike.
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Tony Koschinsky" <[email-masked]>
To: "JAGNUTS Regina" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, January 08, 2007 9:03 PM
Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] Jaguar XF

> >> popular Jaguars of its era. Immediately recognizable, this classic
sedan
> >> was
> >> brought back to life in modern times as the S-Type, back in 1999.
Sharing
> >> a
> >> classically-inspired lines. But aft the nose, the RD-6 is different
than
> >> the
> >> the current S-Type. Given the success that the brand had with the
current
> >> XK
> >> 5-Series should have something to worry about. Expect the entry-level
XF
> >> to