Subject: [JAGNUTS] RE: Jagnuts digest, Vol 1 #418 - 3 msgs

From: Gerard Gardiner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 17:22:44 -0600

Hi Jeff

I would remove the fuel pump and test it independently. If you know it
works, then just blow into the fuel line towards the tank and you should
hear bubbles. If no bubbles, then follow Mike's suggestions. If you need to
drill the hole again, I've brazed a drillbit onto the end of an old speedo
cable to negotiate right angles. Good Luck

Gerard

---

From: "J. Betcher" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 22:12:25 -0600

Gerard,

Thanks for the tip.  I have tried to blow backwards into the tank to no
avail and I'm sure that the fuel pump works as I back primed it from the
carbs and it emptied the fuel line.  My next trick is similar to what
you mention: I picked up some aircraft cable today that may be flexible
enough to negotiate the corner yet stiff enough to allow me to push it
through the tank pickup.  If that doesn't work I may have to try your
drill bit on the speedo cable.

Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Gerard Gardiner
Sent: Monday, June 12, 2006 5:23 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [JAGNUTS] RE: Jagnuts digest, Vol 1 #418 - 3 msgs

Hi Jeff

I would remove the fuel pump and test it independently. If you know it
works, then just blow into the fuel line towards the tank and you should
hear bubbles. If no bubbles, then follow Mike's suggestions. If you need
to
drill the hole again, I've brazed a drillbit onto the end of an old
speedo
cable to negotiate right angles. Good Luck

Gerard

_______________________________________________
JAGNUTS Regina  -  mailing list 
REPLY TO : [email-masked]
http://nonprofits.accesscomm.ca/jagnuts/Jagnuts.htm
_______________________________________________

-- 
No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.394 / Virus Database: 268.8.3/362 - Release Date:
2006-06-12

-- 
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.394 / Virus Database: 268.8.3/362 - Release Date:
2006-06-12

---

From: Grand Coulee <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 09:37:38 -0600

Hello Jeff,
It sounds like the tank screen  may have been coated with tank sealant
check to see if the tank has a drain plug ,if it does that may double as the
tank screen access .

Pip pip tally ho Jim

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Gerard Gardiner" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, June 12, 2006 5:22 PM
Subject: [JAGNUTS] RE: Jagnuts digest, Vol 1 #418 - 3 msgs

to