Subject: [JAGNUTS] parts problem

From: mike scales <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 10:15:03 -0600

Hi All....and Happy New Year;

   I recently got a set of wire wheels for my Sovereign. I got new tires, installed them, very pleased. One of the tires was going flat once a week, and we found a broken spoke to be the cause. Last night I took off the adapter plate and found not one, but twelve broken spokes!  Problem?.I can't find a supplier for Dayton wire wheels...Any ideas? I would even buy a damaged wheel and salvage the spokes I need. The wheel size is 15 by 7, and has the number  11 11 89 6802 JJTB stamped on the rim. The spokes are approximately 4 1/2 inches long.  Any ideas?  Any help would be much appreciated.

    Thanks All......Mike.

---

From: Andrew Martens <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 11:05:00 -0600

Mike
If www.daytonwirewheels.com does not supply parts at retail, they should be
able to suggest who carries their parts. Have you tried Coker tires-I think
they carry wheels also, but not sure about parts.

andrew

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "mike scales" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Saturday, January 06, 2007 10:15 AM
Subject: [JAGNUTS] parts problem

>    I recently got a set of wire wheels for my Sovereign. I got new tires,
installed them, very pleased. One of the tires was going flat once a week,
and we found a broken spoke to be the cause. Last night I took off the
adapter plate and found not one, but twelve broken spokes!  Problem?.I can't
find a supplier for Dayton wire wheels...Any ideas? I would even buy a
damaged wheel and salvage the spokes I need. The wheel size is 15 by 7, and
has the number  11 11 89 6802 JJTB stamped on the rim. The spokes are
approximately 4 1/2 inches long.  Any ideas?  Any help would be much
appreciated.
>
>     Thanks All......Mike.
> _______________________________________________
> JAGNUTS Regina  -  mailing list
> REPLY TO : [email-masked]
> http://nonprofits.accesscomm.ca/jagnuts/Jagnuts.htm
> _______________________________________________

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 11:17:15 -0600

Try http://www.daytonwirewheels.com/

They can help you find the nearest dealer.

Glen
ILR/LCOC
---------------------------------------------

--

---

From: "K. Govender" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 14:43:07 -0600

>   I recently got a set of wire wheels for my Sovereign. I got new tires, installed them, very pleased. One of the tires was going flat once a week, and we found a broken spoke to be the cause. Last…
Hi Mike'
 I purchase 4 wire wheel rims from Welsh Enterprises Inc in Ohio and got 
a good deal for my '69 E-Type. I do still have the old rims in my garage 
at my office. You are more than welcome to come have a look at them, adn 
if you can use them, you can have them.

Morgan

---

From: mike scales <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 16:07:06 -0600

Thjank you Morgan...That is a wonderful idea..Please tell me where and when,
and I will be there...Thanks again..Mike...[ph. 345 2232]