Subject: [JAGNUTS] My S-Type

From: "Ian Bailey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 10:42:00 -0600

Thanks all for your help in ideas on getting my car fixed. When I arranged to
have the car shipped to Saskatoon they fixed it.

I was told originally that they would bring in the "Jaguar" scanner from
Calgary. I am not sure they did that however. I believe that started a
forensic audit and trial and error . In the end they said it was a resistor.
When I picked it up the bill was over $1500 including a new battery (which I
didn't need) because they said they couldn't start the car. Duh. Then they
said I hit something when i crashed on ice. I had told them that the computer
put it Restrictive Mode when the traction control turned on when i was on ice
not that I crashed on ice. So they just make up story after story. So they
just started to find out why the car didn't start and obviously did not have
the scanner to check the "computer". So they told me they took off the bumper
to examine every wire for some damage. Then they thought it was a pinched fuel
line, etc. etc.

So all made up stuff to simply reset the computer so I am sure they did not
have a scanner  because the only problem it had was with the computer which
switched to restrictive driving mode and if they had the scanner I am sure
that it was it would have told them vs. their claim of  17 hours labour trying
to find what was the problem besides the fact that they gave me a different
story every time I phoned.

If anyone has close contacts with Auto Gallery please pass this along. I am
now going to look for a blog site to register my complaint for their business
practices.

Ian

---

From: Bob Burnyeat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 11:21:32 -0600

Sorry Ian - my ignorance - your long story about all the unnecessary work -
was that Auto Gallery that did all that? I'm assuming not Saskatoon - they
fixed it right away? (reset computer?)

Bob Burnyeat, MSAA, LEED AP
Principal Architect

aodbt architecture + interior design
235 Ave D North, Saskatoon, S7L 1M7
Direct 306.986.8131
Main  306.244.5101
www.aodbt.com

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended
solely for the use of the individual to whom they are addressed. If you have
received this email in error please notify the sender immediately and delete
this email. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that
disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the
contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Ian Bailey
Sent: January 28, 2011 10:42 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [JAGNUTS] My S-Type

to examine every wire for some damage. Then they thought it was a pinched
fuel
line, etc. etc.

that it was it would have told them vs. their claim of  17 hours labour
trying

Ian
_______________________________________________
JAGNUTS Regina  -  mailing list
REPLY TO : [email-masked]
http://nonprofits.accesscomm.ca/jagnuts/Jagnuts.htm
_______________________________________________

---

From: Mike <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 17:58:21 -0600

Perhaps you could get in the long line to sue the bastards!!
Mike