Subject: [JAGNUTS] JONAT 2006 - The Plan

From: "Ian Bailey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 16:48:35 -0600

Hi guys and girls, 

The JONAT 2006 Tour, thanks to everyone's efforts, is coming together very
nicely. We even have some special guests coming in including Jerry Parkhill
from BC, past President of JCNA, Ed Driver and Bob Burnyeat, from Saskatoon,
and Kevin Fyn, the Transport Coordinator for Corner Gas who has arranged the
Corner Gas Tours. So even if you do not plan on doing any driving this year,
come out to the local events and meet our guests.

The Itinerary covers five days. Please note: people can participate in any
one event on any given day. You can ride along the whole way or come and go
as you see fit. For example, you can just come out for lunch, or a
reception, or go to Saskatoon for the evening, etc. but please set aside
some time and come to welcome our guests and show them a good time.

Below is a more detailed itinerary of the JONAT 2006 Tour through
Saskatchewan:

(PLEASE NOTE THE CAPITAL LETTER INSTRUCTIONS. THEY MEAN YOU HAVE TO DO
SOMETHING IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE)

1.                   Tuesday, June 27 - Regina to Winnipeg

8:00 AM      - Regina cars meet at Chapters and head for Winnipeg to join
the JONAT Tour and spend the night.

- IF YOU ARE GOING YOU MUST REGISTER WITH JONAT AT
http://www.jcna.com/jonat/index.php.

                                    - Bob, Ian and Chris have registered to
date

2:00 PM      - Arrive in Winnipeg and join the JONAT Tour.

                  Tuesday, June 27 - Regina to Virden

8:00 AM      - Regina and Saskatoon cars head for Virden and spend the night
there 

12:00 PM    - Arrive in Virden and check in.

-          IF YOU ARE GOING YOU MUST REGISTER WITH JONAT AT
http://www.jcna.com/jonat/index.php.

-          YOU HAVE TO BOOK YOUR OWN HOTEL. RECOMMENDED: JAYS INN & SUITES,
TRANS CANADA HIGHWAY, PHONE # 204 748-2223 

-          So far Ed Driver and Mike Scales are planning to overnight
in/near Virden.

2.                   Wednesday, June 28 - Winnipeg to Virden to Katepwa to
Regina

9:00 AM      - The JONAT Tour departs Winnipeg to Virden.

- Regina cars meet and depart from Chapters, Regina South, to travel to
Virden. Tony will be Group Leader as he has the fastest car.

      12:00 PM    - All cars join up in Virden and meet at Jays Inn and
Suites Parking lot located on the Trans Canada Highway

12:30 PM    - Tour Departs Virden. See Route map for details but it includes
a trip through the valley, a visit to the Motherwell Homestead, and dinner
in Katepwa.

 4:30 PM     - Dinner at the Sandpiper Restaurant, Katepwa.

- So far Bob Burnyeat, Saskatoon, has planned to meet up with the tour at
Katepwa.

 6:00 PM     - Depart the Sandpiper to Regina

 8:00 PM     - Guests Check-In to their hotel. 

-          YOU HAVE TO BOOK YOUR OWN HOTEL ROOM:

-          ROOMS ARE RESERVED UNDER JONATUNTIL JUNE 12 AT THE SHERWOOD
MOTEL. PHONE # 306-586-3131. WEBSITE:
http://www.sherwoodhousemotel.com/reservation.html

8:30 PM     - "Gala Reception". At Ian and Sherry's house, 3478 Albert St.
In-town Jagnuts, that is, those who have not joined the Tour so far are very
welcome to come and meet our guests. 

- ALL IN-TOWN JAGNUTS SHOULD COME, BYOB, MEET THE VISITORS, AND DESIGNATE A
DRIVER.

3.                   Thursday. June 29 - Corner Gas Day

8:30 AM      - Everyone convenes at the Sherwood Motel for breakfast.

-          YOU MUST CONFIRM WITH IAN BAILEY BY JUNE 12 LATEST IF YOU ARE AN
IN-TOWN (not driving on the Tour) JAGNUT WHO IS PLANNING ON PARTICIPATING IN
CORNER GAS DAY. I NEED THE NUMBERS FOR THE TOUR GUIDES AND FOR LUNCH AND BBQ
NUMBERS.

-          THOUGH IT IS NOT IMPERATIVE TO REGISTER WITH JCNA AS BEING PART
OF THE TOUR TO JOIN IN THIS DAY'S ACTIVITIES, IT IS CERTAINLY WELCOME. WE
WOULD LIKE TO SHOW OUR SECTOR AS REPEATING WITH THE HIGHEST PARTICPATION.
ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS REGISTER WITH JCNA AS A "DAY TRIPPER".

 9:30 AM     - Regina Corner Gas Sound Stage Tour

11:30 AM    - The "Great Grand Gala Greek Lunch" at Melrose Place.

 1:00 PM     - Convoy to Dog River

 2:00 PM     - Tour Dog River. There is even a chance you will meet some of
the stars as shooting is in session.

 7:00 PM     - The "Gala BBQ" at Ed Williamsons' house, 26 Wesson Bay

-          YOU MUST CONFIRM WITH IAN BAILEY BY JUNE 12 LATEST IF YOU ARE AN
IN-TOWN JAGNUT WHO IS PLANNING ON COMING TO THE GALA BBQ. KIDS, DOGS AND
EVEN SPOUSES ARE WELCOME. BUT WE NEED THE NUMBERS TO ARRANGE MEALS.

-          BRING $15/HEAD TO PAY FOR SUPPER (note: CHRIS IS PREPARING THE
FOOD SO IT WILL BE FABULOUS)

-          BYOB AND DESIGNATE A DRIVER

-          OH YES!!!!! THERE ARE REAL COOL DOOR PRIZES

4.                   Friday, June 30 - Regina to Saskatoon

 9:00 AM     - Breakfast at the Sherwood

10:00 AM    - Depart to Saskatoon

-          IF YOU ARE GOING TO SASKATOON ONLY YOU MUST REGISTER WITH JONAT
AT http://www.jcna.com/jonat/index.php.

-          FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT REGISTERED TO DATE BUT ARE GOING TO
SASKATOON, PLEASE CONTACT IAN BAILEY BY JUNE 12. WE NEED THE NUMBERS, AGAIN,
FOR PLANNING PURPOSES.

                   1:00 PM     - Tour Western Development Museum (note:
there is a Group Rate for 10 or more people at $6.50/person)

 4:00 PM     - Check into Hotel.

-          YOU HAVE TO BOOK YOUR OWN HOTEL. RECOMMENDED: RADISSON HOTEL,
(306) 665-3322 OR TOLL FREE 800 333-3333. SEE WEBSITE:
http://www.radisson.com/saskatoonca

  7:00 PM    - Dinner hosted by Bob Burnyeat with invited guests from the
Saskatoon British Car Club. Details to be provided by Bob B. at a later
date.

5.                   Saturday, July 1

 9:00 AM     - Breakfast at the Radisson. Wear your Canada colours. Sing Oh
Canada! Salute the Flag.

10:00 AM    - Depart to North Battleford

 1:00 PM     - Check into Hotel.

-          YOU HAVE TO BOOK YOUR OWN HOTEL ROOM:

-          ROOMS ARE RESERVED UNDER JONAT UNTIL JUNE 12 AT THE TROPICAL INN.
PHONE # 306 446-4700

       2:00 PM     - Tour Western Development Museum.

       7:00 PM     - Dinner. To Be Determined.

                  10:30 PM    - Fireworks. 

Just call me if you have questions, additions, deletions, suggestions,
comments, concerns, advice, etc.

Ian Bailey

Cell (306) 591-4574