Subject: [JAGNUTS] SGI plate changes

From: Andrew Martens <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 19:00:17 -0600

On January 1, 2005 SGI changed the vehicle classification for the PV class (private vehicle) to LV class (light vehicle).  The Safe driver discount for LV plates has been doubled (now max. 20%) compared to the discount on PV plates. However, if your PV plates expire later in 2005, you will not be given the discount until then--unless you go to an SGI agent now. SGI charges a $10 fee to change a vehicle registration to LV, but the annual savings/refund can be over $100/vehicle. It seems SGI is not making this well known.

Hope that helps you!

---

From: mike scales <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 19:12:31 -0600

Thanks for the tip Andrew.......We have a very good agent here in
Pense.....she called me in to explain this new policy....unfortunately my
Mazda plates expire in Jan, so I guess I would have found out...we will see
what happens....Mike.
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Andrew Martens" <[email-masked]>
To: "JAGNUT list" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2005 7:00 PM
Subject: [JAGNUTS] SGI plate changes

> On January 1, 2005 SGI changed the vehicle classification for the PV class
(private vehicle) to LV class (light vehicle).  The Safe driver discount for
LV plates has been doubled (now max. 20%) compared to the discount on PV
plates. However, if your PV plates expire later in 2005, you will not be
given the discount until then--unless you go to an SGI agent now. SGI
charges a $10 fee to change a vehicle registration to LV, but the annual
savings/refund can be over $100/vehicle. It seems SGI is not making this
well known.
>
> Hope that helps you!
> _______________________________________________
> JAGNUTS Regina  -  mailing list
> REPLY TO : [email-masked]
> http://nonprofits.accesscomm.ca/jagnuts/Jagnuts.htm
> _______________________________________________

---

From: "M.E. & E.A. Driver" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 20:18:31 -0600

Hi Andrew

What is the deal on the "safe" driver discount?  Also what happens if you have 
personalised plates?
If you go into a SGI office rather than an egent  do you get the save offer?

Kind regards
Ed
Saskatoon

---

From: Andrew Martens <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 20:57:57 -0600

Hi Ed
The deal in brief--For a  few yrs now, SGI has been giving discounts on
plates, the percentage depends on # of years of incident free driving
reduced by tickets, accidents etc. acquired by the registered owner of the
car. The max discount was 10% (1% per year cumulative)--this has doubled to
20% (2 % per year) beginning in 2005.

Same applies to personalized plates as long as they are PV class. Any SGI
office/agent that does licence plate transactions can do the change for you.

Obviously, there are only savings if you are on the + side of the point
scale.

cheers
andrew

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "M.E. & E.A. Driver" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2005 8:18 PM
Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] SGI plate changes

> > On January 1, 2005 SGI changed the vehicle classification for the PV
class (private vehicle) to LV class (light vehicle).  The Safe driver
discount for LV plates has been doubled (now max. 20%) compared to the
discount on PV plates. However, if your PV plates expire later in 2005, you
will not be given the discount until then--unless you go to an SGI agent
now. SGI charges a $10 fee to change a vehicle registration to LV, but the
annual savings/refund can be over $100/vehicle. It seems SGI is not making
this well known.

---

From: "M.E. & E.A. Driver" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 21:06:48 -0600

Hi Andrew

One more question, how do you find out if you are on the plus scale?
Thanks for your reply.
Kind regards
Ed

Andrew Martens wrote:
>>What is the deal on the "safe" driver discount?  Also what happens if you
> 
> have
> 
>>personalised plates?
>>If you go into a SGI office rather than an egent  do you get the save
> 
> offer?
> 
>>Kind regards
>>Ed
>>Saskatoon
>>
>>
>>Andrew Martens wrote:
>>

---

From: "G.R. Green" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 07:41:34 -0600

That's a pretty good deal. But just out of curiosity, what's the point of 
changing the classification?  " A rose is still a rose , by any other 
name...."  Or is it just an exercise in buzz words??

Gloria Green

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Andrew Martens" <[email-masked]>
To: "JAGNUT list" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2005 7:00 PM
Subject: [JAGNUTS] SGI plate changes

> (private vehicle) to LV class (light vehicle).  The Safe driver discount 
> for LV plates has been doubled (now max. 20%) compared to the discount on 
> PV plates. However, if your PV plates expire later in 2005, you will not 
> be given the discount until then--unless you go to an SGI agent now. SGI 
> -- 
> No virus found in this incoming message.
> Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
> Version: 7.0.300 / Virus Database: 265.7.0 - Release Date: 1/17/2005
>
> 

-- 
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
Version: 7.0.300 / Virus Database: 265.7.0 - Release Date: 1/17/2005

---

From: Andrew Martens <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 22:27:48 -0600

You'd have to ask SGI for your current rate, but the rate at the last time
you renewed your plates is stated on your pink slip in the section that
indicates the amount paid for registration and insurance.

andrew

---

From: "Bob" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 14:07:27 -0600

I finally finished off the 2004 Jagnuts year book.

I was asked to let some people know if I could e-mail it when it was
complete.  Unfortunately, it is over 21,000kb, and therefore too big.

I you bring a CD (and case or jacket please) with your name on it to coffee
sometime, I will burn you a copy.

Bob

---

From: mike scales <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 14:48:32 -0600

Hi Bob;  An excellent job on the yearbook. I don't know how you managed to
catch me the one day I wore shorts, but there I am!!...There is lots of good
photos and memories, some I'm not really sure happened. Thanks again..Mike.

---

From: "Bob" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 07:35:52 -0600

Mike ... don't tell them about you in shorts ... nobody will want a copy !

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of mike scales
Sent: February 2, 2005 2:49 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] 2004 Yearbook is Ready

---

From: "M.E. & E.A. Driver" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 12:06:07 -0600

Hi Bob

I definitely want a copy, especially one with Mike's shorts  with, or
without Mike in them - big  wink!

Ed

---

From: "Bob" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 20:35:11 -0600

I have finally updated the Classifieds webpage.  My apologies to all those
who have been so patient with me in getting the update going ...

Bob

---

From: "Richard Swallow" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 19:38:06 -0700

Bob how r u making out with your frozen door on the MINI??.........Did u get 
it working??.........
I thought that Id ask since the cold snap we have been having......

Regards

Richard Swallow

>Reply-To: [email-masked]
>Subject: [JAGNUTS] Classifieds Webpage Update
>Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 20:35:11 -0600
>

_________________________________________________________________
Powerful Parental Controls Let your child discover the best the Internet has 
to offer.  
http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines 
  Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN. Premium right now and get the 
first two months FREE*.

---

From: "Bob" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 20:46:54 -0600

I'll tell 'ya tomorrow at coffee ...

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Richard Swallow
Sent: February 19, 2005 8:38 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [JAGNUTS] Classifieds Webpage Update

it working??.........

Regards

Richard Swallow

---

From: "Richard Swallow" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 19:54:43 -0700

Is that a good "ill tell ya tomorrow at coffee" or a bad??????.........lol

Regards

Richard Swallow

>Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 20:46:54 -0600
>

_________________________________________________________________
Don't just Search. Find! http://search.sympatico.msn.ca/default.aspx The new 
MSN Search! Check it out!

---

From: "JAGNUTS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 23:10:45 -0600

I've FINALLY updated the website with photos from the last two coffees.
Updated the Classifieds page as well.

Bob

---

From: "Bob" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 19:32:31 -0600

I was talking to Chris this morning, and he mentioned that the list has been
pretty quite for a while.  I thought I should break the silence.

I have it on good authority that the 2 feet of snow in my front yard will be
gone by late July.  Although I'm fairly pessimistic about this, I'll just
have to wait and see.  Jim figures we have angered the all great and
powerful Weathernut, so if you see Brian make sure you complement him ad
nasium so we can get some half decent weather soon.

I've updated the Classifieds page, so have a good read through it.  For
those who have placed ads there are a few expiring in a few days - if you
want to extend your ad, please let me know.

Mark your calendars for the April 24th coffee, as I understand one of our
left coast nuts and founding fathers, Anibal, will be joining us in the a.m.

Not sure if there is going to be many out for coffee Sunday being Easter and
all, but I'm sure one of two diehards will be there.

Bob

---

From: Melrose Place North <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 12:30:05 -0800

Happy Easter to all of you.
Coffee tomorow?

Christos & Tasia Lygouriatis
Melrose Place North
1410 Albert Street
Regina SK
S4R 2R7
[306]757-9999 [Business]
[306] 591-4466 [mobile]
[306] 757-1410 [Fax]
www.melroseplace.ca
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Bob" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, March 25, 2005 5:32 PM
Subject: [JAGNUTS] Hello Jagnuts

> Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
> Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.7.4 - Release Date: 3/18/2005