Subject: [JAGNUTS] DAVIDSON ROAD RACE REUNION (DRRR-2007)

From: "MGAdams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 12:03:05 -0600

Shawn and Mary Jane,
First ... thank-you Shawn for forwarding Mary Jane's enquiry and email.
Second ... welcome Mary Jane and thank you for your positive approach on
behalf of the Town of Davidson.

I am sorry it has taken awhile to respond, but the Holiday season has kept me
away from the computer. That is actually a good thing as I spend far too much
time on this thing.

Likely the best way to update where I currently stand on preparations for the
reunion are with some attached copies of a proposed press release document,
and a couple proposed posters. The posters are modified from digital copies of
the originals. This is still a draft, because I need better logos to insert
from the Queen City Motorsport Association (QCMA), and the Saskatoon Sports
Car Club (SSCC). I also need permission from the Town of Davidson to use their
logo. I am hoping a single individual from the Jagnuts and the Saskatchewan
British Car Club (SBCC). I represent the Regina Sports Car Club (RSCC), the
Sports Car Club of Saskatchewan (SCCS), and the Canadian Motorsport History
Group (CMSHG). That is a lot of scrabble looking acronyms, but I thought for
the benefit of our readers, I better write them all out.

The attached drafts need to be approved by your group before I distribute to
the media or make public on forums and bulletin boards. There is still room
for improvements to these draft documents, so don't be shy about suggestions
or mistakes you want corrected. I propose our next meeting in Davidson would
be a great opportunity for all to get together and approve the press release
information. I did not give much notice about the last meeting so as my first
suggestion I will start with Jan 14th, Davidson, 1PM. Agenda would include a
visit or invitation to the landowners to attend to see if they will let us use
the track. We have never consider this much of a hurdle, since we hope to fix
it up a bit, but you never know. I still need their names and phone numbers.
It will certainly be nice to include the Town's participation on our agenda as
well.

I have copied a large group for their information and with the following
questions or comments;

Bob England - the Jagnuts email group strips off attachments ... for your
information... can someone attend the proposed meeting?
Kyle Ransom - are you up to coordinate a Cabaret, the Saturday night before?
We have a brewery deal to take care of. Can you get us a meeting place for the
14th for about a dozen people? Can you contact the landowners or forward the
info to me?
Mary Jane - I seem to be dumping a lot of local representation onto Kyle ...
maybe this is where the town can help out?
Shawn Magee - I will continue to use the SSCC forum as the public announcement
location if that is okay. Can you get me a better logo for the SSCC?
Gary Tholl - can you get me a better logo for QCMA? Should we get the
Engineering Students to do the Cabaret?
Everyone - reply with any comments to this email or if you have something for
public information about the reunion to discuss, use the SSCC forum, link
here;
http://forum.ssccracing.org/viewforum.php?f=24&sid=c6e6a11d745f9e126e600119b6
39e3b3

If you need to contact me;
home - 306-949-8176
office - 306-584-2020
email - [email-masked]

Mike Adams

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: SSCC Racing
  To: 'Mary Jane Morrison'
  Cc: [email-masked]
  Sent: Thursday, December 28, 2006 10:52 AM
  Subject: RE: Davidson May 2007

  Thanks Mary Jane:

  I've passed your note on to the club membership through our forum, and cc'ed
Mike in this email. Perhaps a meeting might be in order in the near future. I
will keep you posted.

  Thank you!
  =================================
  Shawn Magee, Treasurer
  Saskatoon Sport Car Club
  Box 31004 RPO Broadway and Taylor
  Saskatoon SK  S7H 5S9
  Shawn: 306-242-7119 ex.223

  http://www.ssccracing.org
  [email-masked]
  ====================================

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    From: Mary Jane Morrison [mailto:[email-masked]]
    Sent: Thursday, December 28, 2006 10:04 AM
    To: [email-masked]
    Subject: Davidson May 2007

    Greetings Saskatoon Sports Car Club,

    I am writing to you from the Town of Davidson. My name is Mary Jane
Morrison and I serve on Town Council. A note posted from Mike Adams (July 27,
2006) was brought to my attention.  The note addressed the possiblity of
coordinating an event for the May long weekend in 2007 to celebrate the 50th
anniversary of road racing in Sask.
    Our community would warmly welcome any such event and would be interested
in helping you host/plan any activities surround the event.

    For further information about Davidson, please visit
www.townofdavidson.com

    I see on your website that your regular meeting will be Jan. 3 at 7:30pm.
Let us know if you the attendance of someone on behalf of Davidson would be
suitable or helpful.

    Please feel free to contact me at this email address or call me at the
town office 567-2040 or my home 567-3060.

    Thank you.
    Mary Jane Morrison
    Mayor, Town of Davidson

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pdf which had a name of press release.pdf]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pdf which had a name of DRRR07b.pdf]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pdf which had a name of DRRRposter.pdf]

---

From: "JAGNUTS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 10:05:15 -0600

Mike
 
I'll try to have someone from Jagnuts attend the meeting ... I will keep you
posted ...
 
Bob England

  _____  

From: MGAdams [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: January 1, 2007 12:03 PM
To: SSCC Racing; 'Mary Jane Morrison'
Cc: Steve (Fonzy) M; [email-masked]; Gord Leach; Kyle Ransom;
[email-masked]; Gary Tholl; Bob England - Mechanical Design Group; Bob
Burton; Garry Michael
Subject: DAVIDSON ROAD RACE REUNION (DRRR-2007)

Shawn and Mary Jane,
 
I am sorry it has taken awhile to respond, but the Holiday season has kept
me away from the computer. That is actually a good thing as I spend far too
much time on this thing.
 
Likely the best way to update where I currently stand on preparations for
the reunion are with some attached copies of a proposed press release
document, and a couple proposed posters. The posters are modified from
digital copies of the originals. This is still a draft, because I need
better logos to insert from the Queen City Motorsport Association (QCMA),
and the Saskatoon Sports Car Club (SSCC). I also need permission from the
Town of Davidson to use their logo. I am hoping a single individual from the
Jagnuts and the Saskatchewan British Car Club (SBCC). I represent the Regina
Sports Car Club (RSCC), the Sports Car Club of Saskatchewan (SCCS), and the
Canadian Motorsport History Group (CMSHG). That is a lot of scrabble looking
acronyms, but I thought for the benefit of our readers, I better write them
all out.
 
The attached drafts need to be approved by your group before I distribute to
the media or make public on forums and bulletin boards. There is still room
for improvements to these draft documents, so don't be shy about suggestions
or mistakes you want corrected. I propose our next meeting in Davidson would
be a great opportunity for all to get together and approve the press release
information. I did not give much notice about the last meeting so as my
first suggestion I will start with Jan 14th, Davidson, 1PM. Agenda would
include a visit or invitation to the landowners to attend to see if they
will let us use the track. We have never consider this much of a hurdle,
since we hope to fix it up a bit, but you never know. I still need their
names and phone numbers. It will certainly be nice to include the Town's
participation on our agenda as well. 

Bob England - the Jagnuts email group strips off attachments ... for your
information... can someone attend the proposed meeting?
Kyle Ransom - are you up to coordinate a Cabaret, the Saturday night before?
We have a brewery deal to take care of. Can you get us a meeting place for
the 14th for about a dozen people? Can you contact the landowners or forward
the info to me?
Mary Jane - I seem to be dumping a lot of local representation onto Kyle ...
maybe this is where the town can help out?
Shawn Magee - I will continue to use the SSCC forum as the public
announcement location if that is okay. Can you get me a better logo for the
SSCC?
Gary Tholl - can you get me a better logo for QCMA? Should we get the
Engineering Students to do the Cabaret?
Everyone - reply with any comments to this email or if you have something
for public information about the reunion to discuss, use the SSCC forum,
link here;
http://forum.ssccracing.org/viewforum.php?f=24
<http://forum.ssccracing.org/viewforum.php?f=24&sid=c6e6a11d745f9e126e600119
b639e3b3> &sid=c6e6a11d745f9e126e600119b639e3b3

Mike Adams

----- Original Message ----- 
From: SSCC Racing <mailto:[email-masked]>  
To: 'Mary Jane Morrison' <mailto:[email-masked]>  
Cc: [email-masked] 
Sent: Thursday, December 28, 2006 10:52 AM
Subject: RE: Davidson May 2007

Thanks Mary Jane:
 
I've passed your note on to the club membership through our forum, and cc'ed
Mike in this email. Perhaps a meeting might be in order in the near future.
I will keep you posted.
 
Thank you!

  _____  

 
I am writing to you from the Town of Davidson. My name is Mary Jane Morrison
and I serve on Town Council. A note posted from Mike Adams (July 27, 2006)
was brought to my attention.  The note addressed the possiblity of
coordinating an event for the May long weekend in 2007 to celebrate the 50th
anniversary of road racing in Sask.
Our community would warmly welcome any such event and would be interested in
helping you host/plan any activities surround the event.
 
For further information about Davidson, please visit www.townofdavidson.com

Please feel free to contact me at this email address or call me at the town
office 567-2040 or my home 567-3060.
 
Thank you.
Mary Jane Morrison
Mayor, Town of Davidson