Subject: [JAGNUTS] 60 kph zones

From: "M.E. & E.A. Driver" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 09:06:17 -0600

Greetings

I have just returned from Manitoba  where I was stopped by the RCMP
and given a warning citation.  I had passed an RCMP vehicle dealing with
another motorist in the lane I was travelling,  I passed the RCMP vehicle
and the stopped car by moving over into the coming traffic lane well in advance
and dropping my speed to 75-80 Kph.  The same RCMP officer collected
me shortly afterwards.  He stated that in Manitoba legislation had been
passed last year which included RCMP as an emergence vehicle.  This applies
to the RCMP vehicle stopped with its flashers on.  You must slow down to
60 kph when passing in this situation.  Apparently in Manitoba the fine
for passing in excess of 60 kph is $247 plus VAT.  So my question is does
the same legislation exist in Saskatchewan  - the 60 kph orange zones are a given
but I am wondering about other situations such as I described.

Kind regards
Ed

---

From: Alan Wilson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 09:16:15 -0600

Hello,

        This also happens in Saskatchewan
        A friend of mine turned a corner and
        in the same situation the RCMP had pulled
        over another car, he was ubnable to slow
        down and was fined 240.00. He tried to
        appeal saying he could not see round the
        corner at which point he would have slown
        down.. -- Did not work he had ot pay the
        fine..

        I did not know this myself -- A good warning.

           Alan..   

-----Original Message-----
From: M.E. & E.A. Driver [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2006 9:06 AM
To: SBCC List; Jagnuts List
Subject: 60 kph zones

Greetings

I have just returned from Manitoba  where I was stopped by the RCMP and
given a warning citation.  I had passed an RCMP vehicle dealing with another
motorist in the lane I was travelling,  I passed the RCMP vehicle and the
stopped car by moving over into the coming traffic lane well in advance and
dropping my speed to 75-80 Kph.  The same RCMP officer collected me shortly
afterwards.  He stated that in Manitoba legislation had been passed last
year which included RCMP as an emergence vehicle.  This applies to the RCMP
vehicle stopped with its flashers on.  You must slow down to 60 kph when
passing in this situation.  Apparently in Manitoba the fine for passing in
excess of 60 kph is $247 plus VAT.  So my question is does the same
legislation exist in Saskatchewan  - the 60 kph orange zones are a given but
I am wondering about other situations such as I described.

Kind regards
Ed

---

From: "Ed Williamson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 10:40:28 -0600

The same leg is here but not if he just has his flashers on he must have the
emg lights on. Eddy
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "M.E. & E.A. Driver" <[email-masked]>
To: "SBCC List" <[email-masked]>; "Jagnuts List" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2006 9:06 AM
Subject: [JAGNUTS] 60 kph zones

> _______________________________________________
> JAGNUTS Regina  -  mailing list
> REPLY TO : [email-masked]
> http://nonprofits.accesscomm.ca/jagnuts/Jagnuts.htm
> _______________________________________________