Subject: [JAGNUTS] Why won't it work?

From: "J. Betcher" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 16:20:26 -0600

Hi guys,

I have an update and a question on my MGB.  I have had the gas tank
cleaned and coated inside and out.  I have installed a new fuel pump and
reconnected the fuel lines.  A new spin-on oil filter adaptor has been
installed and I have changed the oil.  After having done this I put
about 5 litres of gas in the tank and disconnected the fuel line at the
carbs.  I then connected the battery in order for the fuel pump to pump
gas through the line.  The pump sounds good and I can feel air pulsating
out the fuel line but I cant seem to get it to pump fuel.  I tried to
back prime the line with gas from the carburetor end only to have the
pump empty it out of the line and pump air once again.  The lines are
patent as I had gas come from the tank side prior to its removal.  All
connections are tight and there is no obvious leak.

I am at a loss.  Any ideas?

Thanks

Jeff Betcher

--
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.394 / Virus Database: 268.8.3/359 - Release Date:
2006-06-08

---

From: mike scales <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 17:21:56 -0600

Hi Jeff:  Check the line where it comes out of the tank.  I had a tank
relined once, they did a terriffic job, even sealed up the pickup inside the
tank. I pushed a coathanger through the fitting on the tank, and gas flowed
properly....keep the trouble light and any open flames away, I lost about a
liter of gas before I got the line fitting back on,,,,,,hope this
helps.....good luck....Mike.

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "J. Betcher" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, June 09, 2006 4:20 PM
Subject: [JAGNUTS] Why won't it work?

> _______________________________________________
> JAGNUTS Regina  -  mailing list
> REPLY TO : [email-masked]
> http://nonprofits.accesscomm.ca/jagnuts/Jagnuts.htm
> _______________________________________________

---

From: "J. Betcher" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 14:53:53 -0600

Thanks Mike.  I think you may be right.  The problem is how to unblock
it.  The connection to the tank makes a right angle turn into the tank
and I'm not able to coax a wire around it.  I tried using my air
compressor to shoot air back into the tank to no avail.  I am at a loss.
Any other ideas?  Anyone else?

Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of mike scales
Sent: Friday, June 09, 2006 5:22 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] Why won't it work?

Hi Jeff:  Check the line where it comes out of the tank.  I had a tank
relined once, they did a terriffic job, even sealed up the pickup inside
the
tank. I pushed a coathanger through the fitting on the tank, and gas
flowed
properly....keep the trouble light and any open flames away, I lost
about a
liter of gas before I got the line fitting back on,,,,,,hope this
helps.....good luck....Mike.

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "J. Betcher" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, June 09, 2006 4:20 PM
Subject: [JAGNUTS] Why won't it work?

-- 
No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.394 / Virus Database: 268.8.3/359 - Release Date:
2006-06-08

-- 
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.394 / Virus Database: 268.8.3/360 - Release Date:
2006-06-09

---

From: mike scales <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 18:04:20 -0600

Hi Jeff;  If the outlet is at a right angle to the tank, chances are it is a
fitting, which will screw out of the tank . Clean it off at the tank, is it
brass, can you see threads going into the tank? If so, it is a fitting, it
should screw out, and after you poke the hole in the tank with a rod, gas
should flow out all over the floor.  Make sure the elbow[fitting] is clear
before you put it back in. If you only put in five liters, you should be
able to catch most of it with an ice cream pail.  Good luck....Mike.
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "J. Betcher" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>; "'JAGNUTS'" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Saturday, June 10, 2006 2:53 PM
Subject: RE: [JAGNUTS] Why won't it work?

> relined once, they did a terrific job, even sealed up the pickup inside
> the