Subject: [JAGNUTS] Jim's a Star!

From: "Bob England - Mechanical Design Group" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 07:52:24 -0600

Pick up a copy of the November "Jaguar World Monthly" - Jim's Star Letter is
in there.  I understand Jim is signing autographs at $5 at pop, with volume
discounts for 50 or more.
 
(Also, the photography that goes along with Jims letter is fantastic if I do
say so myself !)
 
Bob

-- 
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.362 / Virus Database: 267.13.7/181 - Release Date: 2005.11.24

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 07:56:27 -0600

How about a scan for us non-Jag owners?

Glen
--------------
Quoting Bob England - Mechanical Design Group <[email-masked]>:

> _______________________________________________
> JAGNUTS Regina  -  mailing list
> REPLY TO : [email-masked]
> http://nonprofits.accesscomm.ca/jagnuts/Jagnuts.htm
> _______________________________________________
>
>

--

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 08:08:20 -0600

Thought this might be of interest if you didn't already know about it.

Glen

------------

Life Support From Jaguar
The Armoured XJ Long Wheelbase

Jaguar has announced the introduction of the Armoured XJ Long Wheelbase - its
first ever armoured passenger vehicle. Advertised prices will start from
#199,000 and offer protection from firearms and blast attack, robbery, kidnap
and car jacking.

From the exterior the Armoured XJ Long Wheelbase is virtually identical to the
standard XJ bringing absolute discretion to owners. However appearances can be
deceptive, as the new Armoured XJ Long Wheelbase is heavily armoured, featuring
significant modifications like bullet-resistant laminated glazing, underbody
protection, steel-armouring and run flat tyres.

Though the Armoured XJ closely resembles the road going XJ, its chassis has been
extensively adapted to compensate for additional weight and a potentially more
aggressive driving style with reinforced springs and dampers. This ensures that
it is just as agile and safe to drive as the production version as well as
being lighter than its armoured competitors.

A fully retuned variable assisted steering system (VAPS) with an increased
pressure flow power steering pump realigns the increased mass of the armoured
vehicle to the steering effort inputs of the driver.

The car is also fitted with opposed 6 piston Alcon mono-block brake callipers to
the front of the vehicle and 4 piston Alcon mono-block callipers to the rear,
along with performance friction material brake pads and larger ventilated brake
discs to substantially increase braking performance. Original air suspension
has been replaced with passive suspension to account for the additional mass.
The vehicle is equipped with specially strengthened and tuned Bilstein B46
dampers and bespoke Eibach springs manufactured from special ultra strength
silicon alloy  a combination tuned to optimise the balance between ride,
comfort and body control.

Designed to provide maximum protection to driver and passengers alike, the
Armoured XJ Long Wheelbase features many security attributes to make each
journey a safe one.

Bullet resistant borosilicate glazing is designed to withstand a comprehensive
range of hand guns and assault rifles. The armoured body shell is reinforced
with ballistic resistant steel and underfloor protection is provided by
high-tech Kevlar fibre material.

The Armoured XJ Long Wheelbase offers protection against high velocity assault
rifle rounds and also side blast with the overall design preventing any
penetration of the passenger cell by shrapnel or blast fragments.

As much as Jaguar is recognised for its design and engineering of luxury cars,
Centigon is synonymous the world over for vehicle armouring expertise. The
Armoured XJ Long Wheelbase has been developed through a process of complete
integration of Jaguar's and Centigon's design and engineering operations,
backed up by extensive prototype testing and Jaguars stringent quality control
and sign off standards.

The vehicle has undergone extensive ballistic and blast testing by the
independent test agency QinetiQ and has been accredited to European standard EN
1063 levels BR5 & BR6. As the first ever fully engineered and warranted
armoured vehicle from Jaguar Cars, prospective customers have the assurance of
full factory support during purchase and throughout the vehicles life.
Jaguar's new Global After Sales Support programme offers a high level of
support in the most remote territories. Four scheduled visits per year by a
dedicated Jaguar technician ensure complete customer satisfaction, and
reassurance that their vehicle is maintained to the very highest possible
standard.

Tyres with run flat capability allow the driver to travel safely up to 30 miles
(50 kilometres) at speeds of 50 mph (80 km/h), when punctured or deflated.
Security features include a tamper proof exhaust, intercom system, self sealing
fuel tank, cabin with its own oxygen supply and a titanium armoured roof.

Nick Youdan, Global Armoured Vehicle Sales Manager, commented: "Dealing with
real security risks in our everyday lives is becoming more commonplace. The new
Armoured XJ Long Wheelbase has been designed to combine the design and
engineering of a luxury car with the technology and security features for the
most demanding business needs. Everything is in place to make each journey a
safe one, and with a V8 engine providing powerful acceleration, and tyres with
run flat capability as standard, getting out of trouble fast will never be an
issue."

Owners of the armoured XJ are offered tailored armoured driver training
programmes, helping them to understand the differences in vehicle handling
characteristics that such a high level of protection brings with it.

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of JagArmour.jpg]

---

From: Ken Exner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 22:29:26 -0500 (EST)

Let us not forget who's automobile parts are featured in this issue and the now famous photo ...shoot in the drive of another enthhusiest's humble abode. (sorry Jim just trying to get a cut of that $5.00 action)
   
  cha ching!
   
  KE

Bob England - Mechanical Design Group <[email-masked]> wrote:
  Pick up a copy of the November "Jaguar World Monthly" - Jim's Star Letter is
in there. I understand Jim is signing autographs at $5 at pop, with volume
discounts for 50 or more.

Bob

		
---------------------------------
Find your next car at Yahoo! Canada Autos

---

From: Grand Coulee <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 12:28:33 -0600

Hello  All,
I am still waiting for my
parade,but as I am sharing the lime light(with
Bob&Ken)I might as well let everyone know
about Ron Boychuk and his book On The Road
(Chuckle Brothers ).Ron will be featured
 this weekend(Dec 10/05)in the Leader Post
Weekender.And he will have a book signing
at the Book and Brier Patch on the following day
Dec 11/05.Ron I will show you how to sign autographs
since I am enjoying my 15 minutes so I will pass
the baton .
Pip pip Tally Ho
Jim
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Ken Exner" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, November 25, 2005 9:29 PM
Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] Jim's a Star!

> Let us not forget who's automobile parts are featured in this issue and
the now famous photo ...shoot in the drive of another enthhusiest's humble
abode. (sorry Jim just trying to get a cut of that $5.00 action)

---

From: Grand Coulee <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 15:19:05 -0600

Hello all,
With the 10th coming up
Ron will be in the spot light.
But before that happens Bob
has a nice article that he has
submitted to Jaguar Heritige
Magazine Issue Number22 and
its about the JONAT tour
from Vancouver to Regina so when
you are through with the torch Bob
pass it on to Ron.

Pip pip Tally Ho Jim

---

From: mike scales <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 16:33:58 -0600

Hi everyone; Congrats to all...All these stars flying around, it is getting
pretty bright around here...definitely a good group to be associated with.
Where do we get our signed copies?....Merry Christmas to all....Mike.

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Grand Coulee" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2005 3:19 PM
Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] Bob's a Star!

> > Pick up a copy of the November "Jaguar World Monthly" - Jim's Star
Letter
> is
> > (Also, the photography that goes along with Jims letter is fantastic if
I
> do

---

From: "Bob England - Mechanical Design Group" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 08:17:27 -0600

Jim ... You should know better than to give me an incendiary ... It only
leads to bad things ..

Anyway, yes, there is an article on JONAT in that issue.  Some pictures of a
few of our cars too ... If you look close you might even see an Alfa in
there ... 

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Grand Coulee
Sent: December 6, 2005 3:19 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] Bob's a Star!

Hello all,
With the 10th coming up

Pip pip Tally Ho Jim

-- 
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.371 / Virus Database: 267.13.12/192 - Release Date: 2005.12.05