Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] TTA & John Macartney

From: "JAGNUTS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 06:31:54 -0600

Fred

Nice to hear from Calgary!  I think our planning, like yours, has a bit to
go.  We've flushed out a few ideas, but as of yet they have to coagulate
into a firm plan.  If I understand correctly John plans to be in Regina on
September 3rd, and Calgary on the 5th to meet up with his wife.  I have not
checked the website in detail to find out if he is on schedule.  I've copied
Scott McGibney (our liason with John) on this note.

We'll keep you posted.

Bob England

From: fred2g [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: August 07, 2009 8:32 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: TTA & John Macartney

Greetings from Calgary, fellow British car owners (sufferers) from Calgary!

I'm Fred Griffiths, Vintage Sports Car Club of Calgary, coordinator for the
TTA 2009 Charity Drive for this area.  I notice from both the TTA info, and
your website that you are hosting John during his stay there.

We are still in the planning stages, but need to get in contact with your
group as to when, where and how we might meet John on his trek westward.
Are any of you planning on 'convoying'  him towards Alberta?  If so, how
far? And any idea of when?  We're still a little unsure of the date he plans
to be here.

Can you let us know what you might have planned for him?  I know some of his
time there is a private visit to his father's old home.

We'd like to know more of what you have in store.

Our website is www.vsccc.ca

Thanks, Fred Griffiths,

VSCCC

---

From: "Jennifer & Glen Perchie" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 20:43:54 -0600

I'm thinking of heading to High River Alberta with the A for the River City
Classics' annual 2009 Show 'N Shine.  This is big doo for this club. My
father in law took his Aston Martin last year and wants to do it again.
Not sure if anyone else is interested, but it could be one of the last
hurrahs for the year.

Glen

-----Original Message-----
From: info [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: June 30, 2009 8:38 AM
To: 'Jennifer & Glen Perchie'
Cc: 'Sigrid & John'; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: September car show

The show and shine will be held September 27, 2009 in the high river
downtown area.  I have attached a poster here for you to print.  I you have
any other questions, please contact me or Doug.  Our contact information is
on the contact page of the web site that can be found here.
http://www.rivercityclassics.com/Contact.html

Also there are other events posted on the Events section of the website,
here http://www.rivercityclassics.com/Events.html
We are having our Christmas in the park show tomorrow, and hope to see you
there.

Thanks

Mark Taggart
River City Classics

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pdf which had a name of 2009 Show and Shine.pdf]

---

From: Tony Koschinsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 10:27:54 -0600

I won't be able to make it, but if you go be sure to go the couple of extra 
miles down the Road to Nanton to check on the restoration project they have 
going there.  As a lover of British sheet metal, you will enjoy it 
immensely.  When I was there, I noticed that they actually had a Haynes 
repair manual for the Avro Lancaster.  I'm sure that's making the job a lot 
easier.

Tony

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Jennifer & Glen Perchie" <[email-masked]>
To: "JAGNUTS Regina" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, August 14, 2009 8:43 PM
Subject: [JAGNUTS] Road trip

> _______________________________________________
> JAGNUTS Regina  -  mailing list
> REPLY TO : [email-masked]
> http://nonprofits.accesscomm.ca/jagnuts/Jagnuts.htm
> _______________________________________________

---

From: Glen Kohut <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 12:39:54 -0600

Is that what they are restoring? That'd be something to see.
__________________________________

Glen Kohut, Manager
International Lamborghini Registry
http://www.lamborghiniregistry.com
[email-masked]
__________________________________

---

From: Tony Koschinsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 17:38:00 -0600

It is indeed.  They have a couple of the Merlins rebuilt and running and run 
them up a few times a year.  It looks like they are planning to fire them on 
September 26.

http://www.lancastermuseum.ca/

Tony
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Glen Kohut" <[email-masked]>
To: "JAGNUTS Regina" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Saturday, August 15, 2009 12:39 PM
Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] Road trip

>> > any other questions, please contact me or Doug.  Our contact 
>> > information
>> > is

---

From: "ENGL" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 17:24:51 -0600

Hello All

We are quickly coming up on when John Macartney arrives in our city on his
Triumph Stag tour of the continent.  I think we should get onto doing a bit
of planning (I know how unlike us that is, but we can break the mould just
this once!).

According to his website
http://triumphtransamerica.org.uk/?page_id=3
He is still scheduled here on September 3 (Scott, can you double check if
this is still current?).

I think he will be here the night of the 3rd (Thursday) & 4th, moving on
towards Calgary on the 5th (again, Scott let me know if I am error here).

I think Tony and Donna volunteered for a BBQ at their cottage (how's my
memory there Tony?).  Any other thoughts?

Bob

---

From: Tony Koschinsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 19:54:47 -0600

Yes, we can do a 'que.  It can come together quite quickly if folks let us 
know what they will bring.

T&D

---

From: "ENGL" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 21:17:02 -0600

I just got off of the phone with Ed Driver ... apparently Scott is having
e-mail trouble again and could not add to my original post.

Ed confirmed that John Macartney arrives next Wednesday (Sept 2).  He'll be
staying here in Regina the nights of the 2nd and 3rd, and then off to
Calgary the morning of the 4th.  Ed or Scott will be sending a more detailed
update shortly.

It Tony and Donna can do a BBQ at their cottage on the evening of the 2nd,
this would work out great (who's in charge of bringing the turnip, one may
very well ask!).  DON'T FOGET TO LET TONY KNOW WHAT YOU MIGHT BE BRINGING TO
THE POT LUCK BBQ.

We'd like to offer John accommodation the evenings of the 2nd and 3rd, so if
someone wants to volunteer, this would be appreciated.

If I understood correctly, Scott is arranging some press stuff for the
morning of the 3rd.  In the afternoon John will be visiting the home where
his father lived prior to The Great War.

We need a volunteer to host a swarree on the evening of the 3rd for John.

Scott's note will provide a bit more detail on where to meet John on his way
in from Winnipeg, and where we'll leave him on his way out to Calgary.  It
sounds like Ed and Scott will be escorting John the whole way from Manitoba
through to Alberta - I'm sure they would appreciate the company if you can
join them.

Ed also mentioned that individuals in the other host groups along the way
have helped John out by modest donations outside of his fundraising.  John
is funding the trip himself, and is likely appreciative of this.  If you
feel so inclined, a gesture of $20 or $30 would not go unthanked.

We'll just wait for Scott's updates for more of the technical details.

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Tony Koschinsky
Sent: August 20, 2009 7:55 PM
To: JAGNUTS Regina
Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] John Macartney

T&D

---

From: "Scott McGibney" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 11:58:00 -0600

Hi all

Thanks, Bob for the legwork on getting things set up, and to Tony for
hosting the barbeque.

The plan for meeting John Macartney is to be at the Saskatchewan Tourism
information booth on the Saskatchewan/Manitoba border at 1:00 PM on
Wednesday, September 2nd. John will be accompanied by members of the
Triumph Drivers Club of Manitoba and the Manitoba Austin Healey Club. We
will do a photo shoot at the Border sign with the cars and drivers in
the cavalcade and then drive into Moosomin for lunch (18 km from the
border).

Proceeding west, we will head north off the Trans Canada at Whitewood
and roughly follow the Qu'Appelle valley:

I'm still awaiting final confirmation from the Winnipeg organizer that
the rendezvous time matches their plan, but let's assume it's OK unless
I send out a change notice.

The more the merrier for the cavalcade travelling along with John, so
please come out and meet us. If anyone wants to do the trip all the way
from Winnipeg, they are more than happy to have you, plus you are
invited to their barbeque on the Tuesday, Sept 1st (see attached
invitation and Manitoba schedule). Ed and I will be driving down to
Rocanville (just north of Moosomin) on Sept 1st as we have a bit farther
to travel, so will meet anyone travelling from Regina at the border.

The trip west to Calgary is still a bit more up in the air. I received a
copy of an e-mail that they sent to John last night with a couple of
route suggestions, but nothing final.  They have not yet confirmed if
they have anyone coming east to meet John. It appears from that e-mail
that John would like to depart from Regina on the afternoon of the 3rd
to be able to break the long drive to Calgary into two days (he has to
be in Calgary on the 5th to meet his wife, who is flying in from
England). This likely means that he will only be in the Regina area for
the evening of the 2nd and morning/early afternoon of the 3rd. I have
sent an e-mail to John requesting that he confirm his travel times and
dates between Winnipeg and Calgary. Assuming he departs on the 3rd, he
will likely stop in either Maple Creek (my suggestion) or Medicine Hat
(Alberta's suggestion). If he stops in Maple Creek, anyone that wants to
drive out and back can caravan all or part way there; Ed and I will
overnight and caravan John as far as the Alberta border before heading
back to S'toon. If he wants to go to Medicine Hat we will likely just
take him as far as Maple Creek where we'll do a farewell coffee stop. I
will let you know as soon as I get details- hopefully this evening.

Cheers

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: ENGL [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, August 24, 2009 9:17 PM
To: 'JAGNUTS Regina'
Subject: [JAGNUTS] John Macartney Arrives NEXT WEDNESDAY

I just got off of the phone with Ed Driver ... apparently Scott is
having

Ed confirmed that John Macartney arrives next Wednesday (Sept 2).  He'll
be

Calgary the morning of the 4th.  Ed or Scott will be sending a more
detailed

update shortly.

It Tony and Donna can do a BBQ at their cottage on the evening of the
2nd,

this would work out great (who's in charge of bringing the turnip, one
may

very well ask!).  DON'T FOGET TO LET TONY KNOW WHAT YOU MIGHT BE
BRINGING TO

THE POT LUCK BBQ.

We'd like to offer John accommodation the evenings of the 2nd and 3rd,
so if

morning of the 3rd.  In the afternoon John will be visiting the home
where

We need a volunteer to host a swarree on the evening of the 3rd for
John.

Scott's note will provide a bit more detail on where to meet John on his
way

in from Winnipeg, and where we'll leave him on his way out to Calgary.
It

sounds like Ed and Scott will be escorting John the whole way from
Manitoba

through to Alberta - I'm sure they would appreciate the company if you
can

join them.

Ed also mentioned that individuals in the other host groups along the
way

have helped John out by modest donations outside of his fundraising.
John

Bob

-----Original Message-----

From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]

To: JAGNUTS Regina

Yes, we can do a 'que.  It can come together quite quickly if folks let
us

T&D

----- Original Message -----

> Triumph Stag tour of the continent.  I think we should get onto doing
a

> bit

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/msword which had a name of Macartney TDC BBQ invitation - Aug 09.doc]

---

From: Glen Kohut <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 12:59:56 -0600

Is that entire stretch of road from Moosomin to Ft. Qu'Appelle paved?
__________________________________

Glen Kohut, Manager

Quoting Scott McGibney <[email-masked]>:

> [demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/msword which had a
> name of Macartney TDC BBQ invitation - Aug 09.doc]

---

From: "Scott McGibney" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 14:04:48 -0600

Sorry, there was supposed to be a map in the last e-mail, forgot
autox.net doesn't allow attachments. Map can be seen at:
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x136/lowsphotos/Mmin-Regina.png

Looking at the Sask Highways road surface conditions map, the only
questionable pieces are the 15 km or so on 47 north to Killaly and the
20 km or so on #22 from Hwy 10 to Lemberg. These sections are classified
as granular, which they don't explain, but looking at similar roads I've
been on, seems to mean mostly paved with occasional stretches of broken
pavement. The rest of the roads are classified as paved or thin membrane
pavement.

Has anybody been on these roads to offer a comment on their condition?

Cheers
Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: Glen Kohut [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 1:00 PM
To: JAGNUTS Regina
Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] John Macartney Arrives NEXT WEDNESDAY

Glen Kohut, Manager

Quoting Scott McGibney <[email-masked]>:

> > We are quickly coming up on when John Macartney arrives in our city
on
> his
> > of planning (I know how unlike us that is, but we can break the
mould
> just
> > He is still scheduled here on September 3 (Scott, can you double
check
> if
>
> > this is still current?).
>
> >
>
> > I think he will be here the night of the 3rd (Thursday) & 4th,
moving
> on

---

From: "Jennifer & Glen Perchie" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 18:41:17 -0600

I just heard of 2 Show 'N Shine events coming up in Regina:

August 27th Cruisin' the Dub.  Sounds like Avonhurst is the main one.

September 7th Access Communications Show 'N Shine 2009.  I think this was
cancelled least year due to the weather,

Glen

---

From: Tony Koschinsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 18:48:53 -0600

That is the route we took with the JONAT a couple of years ago and it was 
all paved then.  Be sure to schedule a couple of photo ops at Round and 
Crooked lakes, with maybe a stop for coffee at the Valley Bakery in Fort 
Quappelle.

Just to clarify Bob's message, our cottage in this instance is at Emerald 
Park which is on the number 1 highway just east of Regina.  I will try to 
get away to join the caravan somewhere east of Regina if I can and show you 
the way in, if you can estimate where you will be and when.

Tony

---

From: "Norm Latham" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 19:32:27 -0600

Well there is a old RR [Rolls] in town at Reliable Autos on Winnipeg St its 
a 1986 4door but it has not been looked after very well came from Calgary 
yesterday, I was thinking of buying it but will wait till a good one comes 
my way they just had it cert today and needs some work on the front end and 
have to order the parts from Calgary that will take some time.they said they 
would be asking around $19k no trade in.it has 78k on the clock.
Norm

---

From: ed <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 20:04:38 -0600

Norm

I probably should not butt in, ..but......

I have bought several cars from Japan, and I have seen the odd Rolls-Royce 
and lots of Bentleys for sale.  The older Rolls and Bentleys are way 
over-priced, but 15 to 20 year old ones are cheap.   Bentley's,  usually, 
from the early 1990's, sell from about $9,000US to $15,000US and usually 
have mileages anywhere from 25,000km to about 100,000km.  I saw one recently 
listed with 25,000lms, and I think it was a 1993 or 1994 Turbo.  I could 
probably find it again.

Japan imports are usually extremely well maintained because of the Japanese 
car inspections.

Ed Bratt

.
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Norm Latham" <[email-masked]>
To: "JAGNUTS Regina" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 7:32 PM
Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] 2 Show "N Shines

> Well there is a old RR [Rolls] in town at Reliable Autos on Winnipeg St 
> its a 1986 4door but it has not been looked after very well came from 
> Calgary yesterday, I was thinking of buying it but will wait till a good 
> one comes my way they just had it cert today and needs some work on the 
> front end and have to order the parts from Calgary that will take some 
> time.they said they would be asking around $19k no trade in.it has 78k on 
> the clock.
> Norm
>
>

---

From: Scott McGibney <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 22:11:11 -0600

OK, confirmation from Winnipeg that they will meet us as planned Wednesday, 
Sept 2nd, 1:00 PM on the Trans Canada highway at the Sask Tourism building 
on the Saskatchewan/Manitoba border.

And confirmation from Alberta that John plans to leave on the 3rd to go 
partway to Calgary. No word fom John on how far he plans to get on Thursday 
afternoon/evening, so I think those heading west who plan to go out and back 
that day should just pick a turnaround point they are comfortable with, 
those that plan on doing an overnight sto (Ed and myself - anybody else 
coming that far?) will likely stop in Maple Creek. I'll let you know a 
Thursday departure time as soon as I get a reply.

We still need to finalize our route. Here is Ed's proposal (I think):
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x136/lowsphotos/Mmin-Regina2.png
Comments?

Does anyone know of any Sunoco stations in Regina or along the route? They 
just chipped in a donation of gass cards if John can find Sonoco stations to 
use them at.

cheers
Scott

---

From: Mike <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 22:48:52 -0600

Hi Glen;
  I'm planning to go to the Aug 27th Cruise night.  As I understand it, 
registrations start at noon Thursday, and there is a cruise planned at 7:00 
pm or thereabouts.
Hope to see everyone there...Mike.

---

From: Glen Kohut <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 23:25:06 -0600

It looks like Sunoco is only in Ontario. See
http://www.sunoco.ca/default.aspx?ID=2389
__________________________________

Glen Kohut, Manager

---

From: "ENGL" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 07:15:55 -0600

Ed

Out of curiosity, do the Japanese imports usually come RHD?

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of ed
Sent: August 25, 2009 8:05 PM
To: JAGNUTS Regina
Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] 2 Show "N Shines

 Norm

Ed Bratt

.

---

From: "ENGL" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 07:17:38 -0600

This cruise night sounds interesting.  If the cruise is at 7, what time
should we show up?  Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Mike
Sent: August 25, 2009 10:49 PM
To: JAGNUTS Regina
Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] 2 Show "N Shines

Hi Glen;

---

From: "JAGNUTS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 07:37:45 -0600

Thanks for the clarification Tony ... Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Tony Koschinsky
Sent: August 25, 2009 6:49 PM
To: JAGNUTS Regina
Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] John Macartney Arrives NEXT WEDNESDAY

Tony

---

From: "JAGNUTS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 07:14:17 -0600

-----Original Message-----

Tony

---

From: "E.A. Driver" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 09:02:43 -0600

Hi Glen

 From past experience I would agree, I do not remember see them at the
Lakehead, only in the more populated foot of Ontario

Regards
Ed

---

From: "Jennifer & Glen Perchie" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 20:07:39 -0600

I learned a few things about the history of my MGA this week when I happened
to download the installation instructions for the Moss Motors MGA
supercharger.  To my surprise, my car is the car in the manual.  I e-mailed
Moss Motors with my car's info and got the following responses.   I thought
it was kinda cool...

Hi Glen,
The car belonged to one of our vice presidents, Chris Kepler. He offered it
up for test fitment and tuning of the MGA supercharger installation. I only
drove it once, but remember the brown and primer paint. We were finalizing
the design of the MGB blower kit and wanted to offer it for MGA as well.
Although it was never really used for marketing purposes, as you have
noticed, there are photos of it in the installation instructions. It may be
said, your's was the first MGA equipped with the Moss supercharger kit.
Glad to hear the car is restored and being shown with pride. Can't think of
a better "fate" for a beautiful car like the MGA.
Cheers,
Robert

Robert Goldman
VP Business Development
Moss Motors, Ltd.

E-mail: [email-masked]

Glen.
That's a car that deserved to get some loving attention. I got to test drive
the car during the supercharger installation process and was very impressed
at what a nice driver it was. It did need a lot of TLC in the paint and
interior, but drove very well.
The car needed brakes, so it was also used to test fit the new alloy front
brake caliper adapter plates, which allowed the fitment off MGB front
calipers. This is something to keep in mind if you need front brake pads.
There is not much more known about the earlier history of the car. Our VP
Chris Kepler purchased the car from a local owner, but no longer has any
contact information for them.
enjoy the ride

Kelvin Dodd
Global Sourcing Engineer
Moss Motors, Ltd.
Helpful Links:
Code of Conduct

---

From: "Jennifer & Glen Perchie" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 20:14:42 -0600

Here's what the website says: (I thought I'd go somewhere between 5 & 6
pm...)

Good morning everyone here is what we have happening for A&W's Cruise for a
Cause on Thursday August 27th.  We are holding a major cruise event and we
would love to have all your clubs join us for a great day of cruising, fun
and prizes.

 We are holding this cruise at our Avonhurst location which is on 2701
Avonhurst Drive right on the corner of Albert Street and Avonhurst Drive. We
are having a come and go cruise from 12PM until 9PM. There is going to be 2
live radio remotes from 4-8 with Jack FM and Z99 on site. There is going to
be a live band from 6-9 the band is Dan DelRay and the Demons. For the
cruisers we have a package of an A&W Baby mug, an A&W keychain, an A&W pen
and coupons for free fries and A&W Rootbeer. We will have a registration
table set up at the front of the parking lot starting at 12PM. We are also
going to be doing a silent auction with numerous items to be auctioned off,
the bidding commences at 12PM and we will pull the items at 8PM that
evening. We will also have the A&W Rootbear on site and the bear will be
giving out random prizes throughout the day to our cruisers and our
customers.

In closing our goal in Regina is to raise $5000 for the MS Society with our
$1 for every Teenburger sold donation, our staffs drive to sell the classic
car cutouts for a $1, the coin boxes on our counters, the silent auction and
your group's great support we can all help to find a cure for MS.

If you are able to get members to attend what can be the biggest cruise in
Regina ever please give us a quick reply by email or call us at 584-8377 or
me personally on my cell at 403-334-1414. A very large thank you in advance
for your consideration and support of what looks to be a very great annual
event for A&W and the MS Society.

Regards,
Jason Peters

 -----Original Message-----
From: 	[email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]  On Behalf Of ENGL
Sent:	August 26, 2009 7:18 AM
To:	'JAGNUTS Regina'
Subject:	Re: [JAGNUTS] 2 Show "N Shines

-----Original Message-----

Hi Glen;

---

From: "Norm Latham" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 20:54:46 -0600

Thanks Ed for that info do you have the website I can go on to to look?

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "ed" <[email-masked]>
To: "JAGNUTS Regina" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 8:04 PM
Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] 2 Show "N Shines

> have mileages anywhere from 25,000km to about 100,000km.  I saw one 
> recently listed with 25,000lms, and I think it was a 1993 or 1994 Turbo. 
> I could probably find it again.
>
> Japan imports are usually extremely well maintained because of the 
> Japanese car inspections.
>
> Ed Bratt
>
> .

---

From: Bob <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 21:38:36 -0600

That sounds great. I'm in!

Bob England

On 2009-08-26, at 8:14 PM, "Jennifer & Glen Perchie" <[email-masked] 
 > wrote:

---

From: ed <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 21:39:57 -0600

Norm:

 The one I frequent most is http://www.tradecarview.com

They just happen to have a real good selection of Bentleys right now, but 
not a single early 1990's.Rolls.

Have you ever imported from Japan?

Ed
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Norm Latham" <[email-masked]>
To: "JAGNUTS Regina" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 8:54 PM
Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] 2 Show "N Shines

>> I have bought several cars from Japan, and I have seen the odd 
>> Rolls-Royce and lots of Bentleys for sale.  The older Rolls and Bentleys 
>> are way over-priced, but 15 to 20 year old ones are cheap.   Bentley's, 
>> usually, from the early 1990's, sell from about $9,000US to $15,000US and 
>> usually have mileages anywhere from 25,000km to about 100,000km.  I saw 
>> one recently listed with 25,000lms, and I think it was a 1993 or 1994 
>> Turbo. I could probably find it again.
>>
>>> time.they said they would be asking around $19k no trade in.it has 78k 
>>> on the clock.
>>> Norm
>>>
>>>

---

From: ed <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 10:52:43 -0600

Bob:

The Japanese cars are almost all Right Hand Drive, but the cars imported 
into Japan,  such as French, German, Italian, and American, are usually Left 
Hand Drive.

Strangely, many British cars in Japan are Left Hand Drive.  Most of the 
Bentleys and Rolls Royce appear to be Left Hand Drive.

Ed
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "ENGL" <[email-masked]>
To: "'JAGNUTS Regina'" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 7:15 AM
Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] 2 Show "N Shines

> recently
> Japanese