Subject: [JAGNUTS] Happy 2013 !

From: "Bob" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 08:17:37 -0600

Happy New Year!

There was some discussion at breakfast about going back to Houston's for the
upcoming first-of-the-month Sunday.

Does this work for everyone?

Bob

---

From: Anthony Koschinsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 10:20:47 -0600

Fine by me.

Sent from my iPhone

On 2013-01-03, at 8:17 AM, "Bob" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> JAGNUTS Regina  -  mailing list
> REPLY TO : [email-masked]
> http://nonprofits.accesscomm.ca/jagnuts/Jagnuts.htm
> _______________________________________________

---

From: Kevin Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 08:52:01 -0600

sounds good to me.  Which Houston's were you meeting at?  (assuming that I
can drag my butt out of bed of course)

Kevin Smith, PMP
Project Manager
306-337-5697
[email-masked]

From:	"Bob" <[email-masked]>
To:	"'JAGNUTS Regina'" <[email-masked]>,
Date:	01/03/2013 08:20 AM
Subject:	[JAGNUTS] Happy 2013 !
Sent by:	[email-masked]

Happy New Year!

There was some discussion at breakfast about going back to Houston's for
the
upcoming first-of-the-month Sunday.

Bob

---

From: "Mike" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 09:16:38 -0600

Happy New Year everyone!
  As long as there is food,  I'll come.
Mike.

---

From: "Bob" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 10:26:58 -0600

Kevin

It is the Houston's over by the Sears in the east end.

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Kevin Smith
Sent: January 4, 2013 8:52 AM
To: JAGNUTS Regina
Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] Happy 2013 !

Kevin Smith, PMP
Project Manager
306-337-5697
[email-masked]

Happy New Year!

Bob

---

From: "Bob" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 13:07:25 -0600

This Sunday morning at the Houston's buffet a very special event will take
place.

GROUND HOBBS DAY

Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania has their Punxsutawney Phil for the annual
February 2 Ground Hog Day, but this lowly rodent can't hold a candle to our
very own Jagnut John (homo sapien and XK120 owner).

If John is not able to make it for breakfast, this is a sure sign of 8 more
weeks of winter and snow clogged roads.  If John does make it to breakfast,
he will take up his mantle as our local Swami and predict when we will be
able to drive our cars to breakfast.  His past predictions have been
extremely accurate, so we have designated this special day in his honour.

Four members will be flying in specially for this event from Mexico (where
it is +25C outside today), so it is an internationally renowned extravaganza
based event not to be missed!

Bob

---

From: Bob Burnyeat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 13:15:51 -0600

This sounds like an event not to be missed, but unfortunately Kathy and I are
flying south for a week to keep the economy going in Palm Springs.
You can thank us for the forecast of better weather starting this weekend as
we'll be away!

Bob Burnyeat, MSAA, LEED AP
Principal Architect
Managing Partner

aodbt architecture + interior design
235 Ave D North, Saskatoon, S7L 1M7
Direct 306.986.8131
Main  306.244.5101
www.aodbt.com

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended
solely for the use of the individual to whom they are addressed. If you have
received this email in error please notify the sender immediately and delete
this email. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that
disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the
contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Bob
Sent: January-31-13 1:07 PM
To: 'JAGNUTS Regina'
Subject: [JAGNUTS] A Very Special Day Coming Up for All Jagnuts !

GROUND HOBBS DAY

Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania has their Punxsutawney Phil for the annual February
2 Ground Hog Day, but this lowly rodent can't hold a candle to our very own
Jagnut John (homo sapien and XK120 owner).

If John is not able to make it for breakfast, this is a sure sign of 8 more
weeks of winter and snow clogged roads.  If John does make it to breakfast, he
will take up his mantle as our local Swami and predict when we will be able to
drive our cars to breakfast.  His past predictions have been extremely
accurate, so we have designated this special day in his honour.

Four members will be flying in specially for this event from Mexico (where it
is +25C outside today), so it is an internationally renowned extravaganza
based event not to be missed!

Bob

---

From: "EdB" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 13:46:05 -0600

>You can thank us for the forecast of better weather starting this weekend 

 Thanks for that, and keep it coming !

  Ed

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Bob Burnyeat" <[email-masked]>
To: "JAGNUTS Regina" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2013 1:15 PM
Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] A Very Special Day Coming Up for All Jagnuts !

> February
> it
> -----
> No virus found in this message.
> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
> Version: 2012.0.2238 / Virus Database: 2639/5570 - Release Date: 01/31/13

---

From: Tony Koschinsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 16:52:30 -0600

Even though we will have to travel a VERY long way Donna and I intend to be
there.

Tony

Sent from my iPad

---

From: Phil Sandham <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 19:03:01 -0600

I'll be there too! Wouldn't miss GOUND HOBBS DAY! Phil
 > From: [email-masked]
> Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 16:52:30 -0600
> To: [email-masked]

---

From: Ian Bailey <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 19:14:07 -0600

I know for a fact that many famous people were born on Ground Hobbs Day. A
celebration is in order.
Ian

Sent from my iPhone

---

From: "Eddy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 18:37:33 -0700

Although not able to be there as we are a great distance away I will raise a
glass of Islay Scotch just in his honor. Eddy

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Ian Bailey
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2013 6:14 PM
To: JAGNUTS Regina
Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] A Very Special Day Coming Up for All Jagnuts !

Sent from my iPhone

On 2013-02-01, at 7:03 PM, Phil Sandham <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> Even though we will have to travel a VERY long way Donna and I intend 
>> to
be
>>> This Sunday morning at the Houston's buffet a very special event 
>>> will
> take
>>> place.
>>>
>>> GROUND HOBBS DAY
>>>
>>> Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania has their Punxsutawney Phil for the 
>>> annual February 2 Ground Hog Day, but this lowly rodent can't hold a 
>>> candle to
> our
>>> If John is not able to make it for breakfast, this is a sure sign of 
>>> 8
> more
>>> he will take up his mantle as our local Swami and predict when we 
>>> will be able to drive our cars to breakfast.  His past predictions 
>>> have been extremely accurate, so we have designated this special day in
his honour.

---

From: "Mike" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 21:33:06 -0600

I sure hope he's right, I'm ready for a topdown ride where there is no snow.
  Mike.

---

From: "Bob" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 08:00:29 -0600

I'm not sure about many famous people, but I do know of one infamous one !
... 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Ian Bailey
Sent: February 1, 2013 7:14 PM
To: JAGNUTS Regina
Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] A Very Special Day Coming Up for All Jagnuts !

Sent from my iPhone

---

From: "Bob" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 08:38:52 -0600

I'm starting (albeit just an inkling) to get the impression that the
prediction of March 24 for getting our cars out of their hibernatoriums and
on the road might not come to pass.  This feeling is largely based on the 6
foot snow drifts that continue to line my driveway and seem to grow daily.
I'm sorry, it's just my half empty pessimism that makes me say this, but
honestly I'm beginning to doubt the March 24 prognostication.

On the other hand, good news!  We got our snow blower back from the repair
shop where it has been all winter.  Ergo, there will be no more snow this
year! 

Bob

---

From: Anthony Koschinsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 19:56:48 -0600

I've checked with Mr. Hobbs and he advises that he was unaware of the
snowblower situation, which is clearly the reason for the extended winter
weather.  He says that had he known, his prediction would have been for a date
in May.

Tony

---

From: "Mike" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 10:09:30 -0600

Hi All,
  The fun of snowblowing wears off surprisingly quickly.  I spent six hours 
yesterday having fun blowing snow and today I can hardly move. My neighbour 
Don had to shovel out my doors so I could get out to begin all this fun.  He 
had to get out of his house through a window.
  I wish I hadn't left the canoe at the lake, I think we are going to need 
it. I hope John is right, Mar. 24 would be a great time to bring out 
convertibles.
  I just looked outside...oh goody, more snow!
Mike.

---

From: "EdB" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 11:39:13 -0600

Hi:

I have always had trouble figuring out the meaning of "HalfFull/Half Empty", 
so I had my wife pour me a glass of Rum.  It started out full, and soon 
diminished down until it was "Half Full/Half Empty".  I noted that the top 
half was empty, and the bottom half was full.  Nothing too unexpected there. 
I continued to drink, and soon thereafter the glass was totally empty.  That 
left me just as puzzled, so I decided I should try it again, and called out 
to my wife, "Pour me another Rum", to which she answered in the negative, 
using a couple of words which I feel need not be repeated.  So, it seems 
that I will not be able to get this Half Full/Half Empty conundrrum figured 
out at this time. Perhaps on a future bottle.

On the brighter side of our weather situation, , the long forecast for 
Regina shows temperatures rising above freezing on March 31, and climbing to 
10 degrees C by the end of the first week of April.  High tide could come 
soon after that.

I am counting on evaporation to remove a lot of the accumulated snow.

As a backup plan, we bought a 6 1/2 horsepower gas engine powered 2" water 
pump and 100 feet of hose.

Ed Bratt
Regina
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Mike" <[email-masked]>
To: "JAGNUTS Regina" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Saturday, March 23, 2013 10:09 AM
Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] Half Empty / Half Full

> yesterday having fun blowing snow and today I can hardly move. My 
> neighbour Don had to shovel out my doors so I could get out to begin all 
> this fun.  He had to get out of his house through a window.
> Version: 2012.0.2240 / Virus Database: 2641/5698 - Release Date: 03/23/13

---

From: "Bob" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 19:33:26 -0600

Breakfast next Sunday (31st) was scheduled for The Symposium, but
unfortunately they are closed for Easter.  Any other thoughts?

Also, the general discussion was that although Houston's has an excellent
buffet, it is getting expensive at $20 a pop plus.  Someone suggested
Brown's Eastgate, but they do not open until 10am.  Any alternate thoughts
on the first of the month breakfasts?

Bob

---

From: "Mike" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 09:08:45 -0600

Maybe we could go at 10am and sleep in a bit?
Mike

---

From: "Twila Forsyth" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 09:49:20 -0600

I vote mike for president!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------
From: "Mike" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2013 9:08 AM
To: "JAGNUTS Regina" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] Whither Breakfast

---

From: Phil Sandham <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 20:33:50 -0600

So, has there been a decision?  Where are we meeting for brunch tomorrow?
Phil

Sent from my iPad

On 2013-03-27, at 9:43 AM, "Twila Forsyth" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob" <[email-masked]>

---

From: "Mike" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 23:52:57 -0600

Yes, Where, and what time?
Mike.

---

From: Chris <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 23:58:13 -0600

West harvest south Albert? 10 am?

On 2013-03-30, at 11:52 PM, "Mike" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Phil Sandham" <[email-masked]>

---

From: "Darren Mosewich" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 06:40:32 -0600

Okay..
That sounds good to me.

I will check my email in a couple of hours to see what the concensus is.

---

From: Phil Sandham <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 08:13:38 -0600

Sounds good!  See you there.
Phil

Sent from my iPad

On 2013-03-31, at 6:40 AM, "Darren Mosewich" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris" <[email-masked]>

---

From: Chad Freeland <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 08:16:36 -0600

Im good with that

---

From: "Bob" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 09:28:58 -0600

Breakfast next Sunday (April 7th) is the first Sunday of the month.  Where
are we going this Sunday (as Houston's was getting so expensive for brunch)?

Bob

---

From: Phil Sandham <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 17:53:35 -0600

I thought we would go back to the Symposium until we found another
alternative.
Open to other suggestions though.
Phil

Sent from my iPad

---

From: Tony Koschinsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 18:24:38 -0600

Sounds good to me. We can use the Melrosium as the default location until we
settle on a new first of the month location.

 Donna Koschinsky