Subject: RE: [JAGNUTS] JAGNUTS - Time to give back to the community

From: "Hobbs, John JU0" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 10:08:17 -0600

I will help, along with my son Ian.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Bob England - Mechanical Design Group
Sent: Monday, September 18, 2006 9:58 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [JAGNUTS] JAGNUTS - Time to give back to the community

Chris is participating in a holiday lunch for the poor on the Thanksgiving
long weekend, and asked if JAGNUTS might want to participate.  Chris
indicated the time commitment is approximately an hour on Saturday, October
7th.  Lynn and I volunteered (actually Lynn volunteered me), and if anyone
else is interested, let Chris know either by phone or email.  Here's the
scoop:

MEDIA ADVISORY FOR
CONTACT: Christos 

Saturday, October 7, 2006
PHONE: 757-9999

Noon

REGINA RESCUE MISSION TO HOST HOLIDAY DINNER FOR THE POOR

****

1000 Traditional Thanksgiving Meals to be Served!!

Melrose Place North&La Bodega  

****

WHAT:           Homemade turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy,
cranberries, vegetables, buns, cream of mushroom soup, caesar salad, chef's
creation for dessert, juice, coffee, and treats to take home!

WHO:             Regina RESCUE Mission partners with Melrose Place North and
La Bodega to cook a traditional Thanks giving meal for the needy men, women,
and children in our community.

WHEN:           Saturday, October 7th, 2006

                        Noon

WHERE:        Albert Scott Community Centre

                        1264 Athol Street

WHY:              Thanksgiving is a time of rejoicing, thanking God for the
blessings He has given us.   Many of us are more blessed than others and we
want to share those blessings with those around us.  For many of our
low-income families here in Regina, this will be the only Thanksgiving meal
they receive.

PHOTO/INTERVIEW OPPORTUNITIES:

* His Worship Mayor Pat Fiacco takes time out to help feed Regina's less
fortunate.  He has not missed one holiday meal for the poor yet!

* Chris and Tasia Lygouriatis, owners of Melrose Place North, Adam
Sperling,owner of La Bodega are providing meals for up to 1000 men, women,
and children!  This is the fifth meal they have partnered with us.

* Volunteers, staff and members of the Board, many of them have personally
been down and out and now serve full-time with the Mission.

BACKGROUND:

Regina RESCUE Mission was founded December of 1999, and is celebrating it's
7th birthday this year.  They have two facilities: a men's emergency shelter
and drop-in (shared with Soul's Harbour) and a LifeChange Program house for
men and women with or without children.  They offer a variety of programs
including life and social skills classes, addictions programming, food and
clothing distribution, emergency shelter, and spiritual counseling.
_______________________________________________
JAGNUTS Regina  -  mailing list 
REPLY TO : [email-masked]
http://nonprofits.accesscomm.ca/jagnuts/Jagnuts.htm
_______________________________________________