Subject: [JAGNUTS] NEW JAGNUT

From: "JAGNUTS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 20:18:15 -0600

The list has been quite quiet lately, so time to wake you all up from
hibernation.

Ed from Regina has joined our merry band.  Ed has a TR-6, a classic Mini,
and a Caterham - an interesting collection indeed.  Hopefully we will get Ed
out to one of our breakfast get togethers in the near future.

Ed mentioned if anyone is interested in the Triumph Trans-America Charity
Drive See http://www.triumphtransamerica.org.uk/

Our Saskatoon Ed had mentioned this Drive to me just last week, and I think
if you read the webpage you will find that this tour is definitely of
interest to us here in Regina.  I think Saskatoon Ed was even thinking of
heading down our way to share some thoughts on the Drive.

Anyway, swami John H is still sticking to his March 22 date for first Sunday
with cars out.  He hasn't given this to us in writing as of yet, but his
predictions are usually pretty good.

Bob

http://nonprofits.accesscomm.ca/jagnuts/jagnuts.htm

---

From: Eddy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 21:10:25 -0600

I don't know about this we should watch out you know the reputation those 
Ed's have.
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "JAGNUTS" <[email-masked]>
To: "'JAGNUTS Regina'" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2009 8:18 PM
Subject: [JAGNUTS] NEW JAGNUT

> _______________________________________________
> JAGNUTS Regina  -  mailing list
> REPLY TO : [email-masked]
> http://nonprofits.accesscomm.ca/jagnuts/Jagnuts.htm
> _______________________________________________
>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 8.0.237 / Virus Database: 270.11.3/1974 - Release Date: 02/26/09 
14:51:00

For every one hundred men you send us,
Ten should not even be here.
Eighty are nothing but targets.
Nine of them are real fighters;
We are lucky to have them, they the battle make.
Ah, but the one. One of them is a warrior.
And he will bring the others back.

---

From: ed <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2009 02:01:36 -0600

Where and when do you meet for breakfast?

Ed Bratt
Regina

---

From: "Darren Mosewich" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 08:17:09 -0600

Greetings Ed.

We meet at Melrose Place North on Albert Street. Meeting time is 9:00am.
Dress is black tie formal or casual which ever you prefer.
During the summer months there is an alternate meeting place the first 
Sunday of every month.

Hope to see you there.
Darren

---

From: Eddy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2009 08:17:19 -0600

Most Sunday mornings at 09:00 hrs at Melrose Place 1400 blk Albert ST please 
note there is another Melrose Place on 3900 blk Albert but we go to the 
North one near Dewdney Ave. On the first Sunday of the month we sometimes go 
to the Starbucks in the Chapters at the Southland mall. Hope to see you 
soon. Eddy
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "ed" <[email-masked]>
To: "JAGNUTS Regina" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sunday, March 01, 2009 2:01 AM
Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] NEW JAGNUT

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 8.0.237 / Virus Database: 270.11.5/1977 - Release Date: 02/28/09 
17:21:00

---

From: "Bob" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 16:04:13 -0600

Ed ... Don't be too turned off by Darren wanting to wear a black dress ...
he's OK ... Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Darren Mosewich
Sent: March 01, 2009 8:17 AM
To: JAGNUTS Regina
Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] NEW JAGNUT

Greetings Ed.

Hope to see you there.
Darren

---

From: "Darren Mosewich" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 17:22:48 -0600

Black dress only with pumps and a thong.........

If you can picture that in your minds eye , well , you should have an air 
sickness bag handy.

---

From: "Jennifer & Glen Perchie" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 20:12:52 -0600

Hello fellow Jagnuts:

I've known Len Drake for a few years and have bought many parts from him.
I'm pleased with his prices, service and turn around time.  Just thought I'd
share some information on the current sale from Moss Motors.  I usually find
that purchasing through Len is faster and cheaper than direct from Moss.  He
brings parts in to Kelowna at no charge and then ships them from Kelowna to
me via bus (bus is my cost - but still cheaper and faster than Moss using
UPS).

Glen

Hi Folks - it has been a long while since I have had the pleasure of telling
you that prices are on the way down.  While this does not hold true for all
of the Moss products, a good percentage have actually gone down
substantially.

Added to this good news, is that with the introduction of the new price
list, there is also a Value Order sale where you can get extra discounts
depending on the size of your purchase.Take a look at these discounts:

             Purchase over $   300       Discount 10%
        Purchase over $   600       Discount 12%
        Purchase over $ 1,000       Discount 14%
        Purchase over $ 1,500       Discount 17%

Also take note that our prices include freight, brokerage, and applicable
duties into Kelowna.  Feel free to email, fax, or phone for a parts quote -
you will save money over your current parts source.    This sale only
applies to orders placed with us before April 10th 2009, and the only items
excluded from this sale are those not provided by Moss Motors as well as
superchargers, five speed conversions, wire wheels, and body tubs.  This
sale is only for our retail Canadian customers.  If you are one of our
dealers or have special purchasing arrangements with us after buying cars
from us in the last year, please request your discount percentages.
Discounts don't get any better than this, but we must receive your order
April 10th.

Our regular low everyday prices are simply calculated by taking a US dollar
exchange rate (1.30 this week), and converting the US retail catalog price
into Canadian dollars.  The prices couldn't be any fairer than that, and we
cover the freight, brokerage, and any applicable duties for the parts right
into Kelowna, B.C.

An example:
                      -  a $ 600.00 U.S. dollar retail part from Moss
                      -  $ 600.00 X 1.30 =  $ 780.00 our Canadian dollar
retail price
                      -  $ 780.00 less a 12% sale discount =  $ 686.40 Cdn
sale price

For those of you who have not yet used Drakes' British Motors as a source
for your British parts needs, you will find that we continually
offer the best prices in Canada on British car parts.  We are Canadian
distributors for Moss Motors, Victoria British, and British Wire Wheel
(Dayton wire wheels).   While we do maintain an ever-growing inventory, if
we don't have it here, it is usually less than ten days until your parts
have arrived and are on the way to you.  No more getting ripped off by those
wild UPS charges for brokerage and freight.  To those folks not in B.C.,
there are no PST charges when we ship to you, which will help pay the
freight or mail charges to you.

We are not a large company, but we are the fastest growing volume
distributor of British car parts in Canada.  Our only advertising is
word of mouth from satisfied customers and our website at
www.drakesbritishmotors.com .  Our customer base stretches from
Vancouver Island to Newfoundland, both for cars and parts, and these folks
re-order from us with the confidence that they are buying at the
best prices in Canada.  We do not publish a price list, which enables us to
react quickly to currency changes as well as to offer you
special savings when our suppliers have a sale.   If you do hear of another
Canadian supplier beating these prices, please let us know.

Give us a call at 250-763-0883, fax at 250-861-8051, or email us at
[email-masked]  and take advantage of some great deals.

We also have a large selection of British sportscars for sale at
www.drakesbritishmotors.com, and many of them are currently on our winter
sale

Many thanks to our many new and old customers for passing the word to your
friends about Drakes.  We truly appreciate your business, and will do our
best to deserve it in the future.

Cheers,

Scott & Len
Drakes' British Motors

If you have received this mailing in error and do not wish to receive it in
the future, please let us know, and we will remove you from our list.

---

From: "E.A. Driver" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 20:16:48 -0600

I think that this type of advertising is out of place on a non 
commercial car list.  This is the policy
on the [email-masked] and [email-masked].  So Glen 
please keep this in mind.
Mr Drake runs a business let him find his own means of advertising.

Kind regards
Ed
Saskatoon

---

From: "Jennifer & Glen Perchie" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 20:27:00 -0600

Oops!  Sorry folks.  Wasn't aware.  Just thought I'd share a good deal.

Glen

 -----Original Message-----
From: 	[email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]  On Behalf Of E.A. Driver
Sent:	March 2, 2009 8:17 PM
To:	JAGNUTS Regina
Subject:	Re: [JAGNUTS] NEW JAGNUT

Kind regards
Ed
Saskatoon

---

From: Glen Kohut <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 22:11:51 -0600

Anyone in need of a RHD steering rack for an MGB?

Glen
__________________________________

---

From: Glen Kohut <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 22:17:58 -0600

Sorry guys. Another Glen here. Didn't know it was forbidden to sell parts over
this list. My bad.
__________________________________

Glen Kohut

---

From: ed <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 22:41:10 -0600

Bob:

I'm sure I can find a black dress, but I have one concern.........but,
Does Darren know all the words to "I'm a Lumberjack..." :"but he's OK"

But seriously, I was hoping to make contact about getting an event (or 
events) organized for the Triumph TransAmerica Tour.  Has there been any 
organization discussed?

Ed

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Bob" <[email-masked]>
To: "'JAGNUTS Regina'" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, March 02, 2009 4:04 PM
Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] NEW JAGNUT

> [mailto:[email-masked]]

---

From: "Brock Rishworth" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 06:54:41 -0700

Your shorts are too tight !

B

Brock Rishworth
toll free 877-264-4966
-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of E.A. Driver
Sent: Monday, March 02, 2009 7:17 PM
To: JAGNUTS Regina
Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] NEW JAGNUT

Kind regards
Ed
Saskatoon

---

From: Mike <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 16:10:35 -0600

Welcome  Ed,

   I'm sure Darren in black looks just fine.
  My eye surgery is scheduled for Apr. 1, so I guess then I will know for 
sure.

Ready for Spring.....Mike.

---

From: "JAGNUTS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 16:54:44 -0600

Ed

My thoughts on advertising on the list are a bit different I think than most
of the big sites.  I believe this is largely because we are a small group
who know each other fairly well (although I can't get the terrifying image
of Darrel in a black dress and pumps out of my head!)

My thoughts are that if there is no commercial gain in it for an individual,
then I have no problem with spreading the word as it were, as long as it is
done in good taste.  We certainly cannot tolerate negative comments on a
vendor (this has not so good legal implications), but a vendor that provides
good service I think is worth spreading the word about.  If this site
becomes one of too much advertising and little other content, then that
thought will have to change.

Even Glen's comment about the RHD MGB steering wazzit I think is OK, as long
as someone does not use this forum to sell stuff consistently, commercially,
or, more importantly, annoyingly.  I like to see these items added to the
Classifieds pages, but even then when I change that page I try to let
everyone know.

These are my opinions only; I really have not discussed these points with
anyone as the topic has not arisen before.  I may even be totally out to
lunch (again!).  I would appreciate hearing your thoughts, as well as anyone
else who would like to chime in.

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of E.A. Driver
Sent: March 02, 2009 8:17 PM
To: JAGNUTS Regina
Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] NEW JAGNUT

Kind regards
Ed
Saskatoon

---

From: Glen Kohut <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 18:23:11 -0600

Well, I'll have to put together a list of stuff for you to add into the
classifieds for me then. I found a box of old MGB parts I had in the garage
that I want to clear out. Thanks.
__________________________________

Glen Kohut, Manager
International Lamborghini Registry
http;//www.lamborghiniregistry.com
[email-masked]
__________________________________

---

From: "Jennifer & Glen Perchie" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 18:34:17 -0600

Bob and Ed, I'm certainly Ok with whatever the appropriate etiquette is for
this type of forum and am more than happy to hear if I'm out of line
(Although, you'll never get my black pumps off me while I'm at my
computer!).  Please know that I have absolutely no affiliation with Len
Drake, nor do I want anyone thinking he is trying to get an inside track on
our discussions.  As a regular customer, I get e-mails (as I'm sure others
do), highlighting his sales.  I just pasted the latest e-mail onto this
forum.

You see, I have this affliction (other than liking pumps)... I like cars.  I
get a lot of joy from rebuilding, tinkering, driving and occasionally
(okay... regularly) swearing at them.  The serious side-effect from this is
that my MGA seems to be able to suck my wallet inside out.  My guess is that
I'm not the only one with this problem, so when I hear of a deal (private or
commercial), I like to share.  (In hopes that the favour will be returned
when someone else hears of a deal or knows of a part I'm looking for.)

I'm sure many of you get to talk about these things at coffee on Sundays,
but as you know, I have a hard time getting there (young family with a pile
'o extracurricular activities on weekends).  So, if there is another way
that does not interfere with this forum or any policies to be able to share
this kind of info, I'd sure be interested.

Glen

 -----Original Message-----
From: 	[email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]  On Behalf Of JAGNUTS
Sent:	March 3, 2009 4:55 PM
To:	'JAGNUTS Regina'
Subject:	[JAGNUTS] Advertising on the Jagnuts List

Ed

Bob

-----Original Message-----

Kind regards
Ed
Saskatoon

---

From: "JAGNUTS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 21:59:40 -0600

Ed

We have just started discussions about the Triumph TransAmerica Tour.
Basically the note Saskatoon Ed sent last week was the extent of it.

If I can summarize, it sounds like Ed and Scott McG are interested in coming
down to meet the fellow from the UK.  Ed has had some preliminary
discussions with him.

For those of you who have not checked out the website, please do so at
http://triumphtransamerica.org.uk/?page_id=3

AS there is a definite Regina connection there, I think doing something is
definitely in order.  Now is the time to start those discussions.

Thoughts?

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of ed
Sent: March 02, 2009 10:41 PM
To: JAGNUTS Regina
Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] NEW JAGNUT

Bob:

Ed

---

From: ed <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 22:55:54 -0600

Bob:

 What I understand is that local organizers are free to set up any sort of 
car related event.  It could be an autocross, show and shine, rally, or 
anything.

 Seeing that is a charity event, some sort of money raising would probably 
be involved even if it is just selling tickets on the Triumph Stag.

 Other possibilities are a dinner, or barbecue .

Ed

---

From: "E.A. Driver" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 09:38:30 -0600

Hi Bob

A minor correction  "Ed has had....discussions with him"  should read 
"Scott has had..."
My involvement and interests are the same as Scott's and Ed Bratt's that 
we should
do something, I am very willing to help and from my discussions with 
Scott he feels
the same way.

The advantage that Ed Bratt, you and the remainder of the Jagnuts is the 
route goes
through Regina, you have a critical mass, there are other car clubs that 
could
help - the rod and custom community and the vintage car club community come
to mind.  There is a member of AHCof Manitoba Dave Cooper who might
be willing to help.

This should be very easy to sell to the media from the the aspects of 
what the
Tour stands for and the scope of the tour.

Total unrelated, Ed Bratt, any ties to Barry and company - just my old days
of Saskatoon Sports Car Club percolating through my mind as I response
to your post Bob.

Kind regards
Ed
Saskatoon
Historian, Austin Healey Club USA

---

From: "JAGNUTS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 21:02:30 -0600

If I understand correctly, this morning Sherry volunteered to host something
for the Transamerica Tour which is fantastic.

I talked a little with Ed D this evening.  It does not look like there is a
heck of a lot of interest with SBCC in Saskatoon, but Scott and he have
discussed the Tour.  I understand that Alan W up there has expressed some
interest as well (note that the Tour does not go through Saskatoon).  Scott
has been in touch with John Macartney (the guy on the tour), so Ed D is
going to discuss with Scott if he would like to maintain that dialogue on
our (Jagnuts) behalf.

For those who have not looked at the website, it is worth a look.
http://www.triumphtransamerica.org.uk/

To excerpt the Tour plans as it relates to us:

"SEPTEMBER

"Then it's back into Canada. We'll be leaving Minneapolis/St. Paul to drive
to Winnipeg in the hopes that on

"Tue 1 or Wed 2 September, we can hopefully have an informal meeting with
everyone at the Saskatchewan British Car Club. We're finalising details at
the moment. [... hopefully we'll get this changed to Jagnuts ... Bob]

"On Thu 3rd September, it's on to pay a visit to a little house on Retallack
Street in Regina. John's Dad, Charles Macartney, lived there as a child and
teenager from 1905 to 1915. It was World War 1 that called the family back
to the UK for active service in the British Army for John's Grandfather and
the Royal Flying Corps for his son. Both saw extensive action in northern
France - and while they both survived, neither of them ever returned to
Canada after 1918. For the whole of his later life - and like millions of
other young men of his age, Charles Macartney suffered from PTSD as a result
of what he had had to do with the machine guns fitted on his Sopwith Camel
or Bristol Fighter aircraft - and what he saw of the carnage of trench
warfare. The pilgrimage John wants to make in Regina will be a private one."

It is a ways away yet, but the time will go quickly (UNLIKE THE SNOW!).

Bob

---

From: "JAGNUTS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 21:14:06 -0600

Lynn corrected me ... Sherry did not volunteer this morning to host to
something, but rather maybe mentioned in passing she would like to host
something ... sorry Sherry!

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of JAGNUTS
Sent: March 08, 2009 9:02 PM
To: 'JAGNUTS Regina'
Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] Triumph TransAmerica Tour

"SEPTEMBER

Bob

---

From: "JAGNUTS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 20:48:23 -0600

Thank heavens we're over that black pumps thing ... but the memory still
lingers ....

Anyway, I have subscribed Scott McG from Saskatoon to our list.  Although
not a REAL Jagnut (but we have hope!), Scott has volunteered to be the
Jagnuts' liaison to John McCartney.  Scott has already had some preliminary
dialogue with John.

Scott is really a spy for the Saskatchewan British Car Club, but I'll vouch
for him; those of us who have had the pleasure of meeting Scott at the
Brits-by-the-Bus swaree in Saskatoon each year will attest to his
vouchfullability.

(Boy, my spell checker is having a Lucas moment with this e-mail!)

Welcome Scott, and thanks for your offer of helping us out.

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of JAGNUTS
Sent: March 08, 2009 9:14 PM
To: 'JAGNUTS Regina'
Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] Triumph TransAmerica Tour

-----Original Message-----

"SEPTEMBER

Bob

---

From: ed <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 12:38:04 -0600

Ed:

I have been busy the past few weeks, and am now wondering if anyone has 
organised to come up with an event.  Have you heard of anyone who has done 
anything, or wants to get together to plan something?

Ed Bratt
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "E.A. Driver" <[email-masked]>
To: "JAGNUTS Regina" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 9:38 AM
Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] Triumph TransAmerica Tour

> do something, I am very willing to help and from my discussions with Scott 
> he feels
> the same way.
>
> This should be very easy to sell to the media from the the aspects of what 
> the

---

From: "ENGL" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 07:44:30 -0600

Ed

We have been in contact with John Macartney through Scott McGibney.  In
fact, his latest correspondence was earlier this week.

Scott - if appropriate why don't you share the highlights of your latest
correspondence with the group so as to keep everyone up to date.

Nothing has been finalized for sure (in terms of events).  Sherry suggested
she and Ian might be interested in hosting a BBQ in John's honour one of the
evenings he is in town.

As time marches on, we should start thinking about getting a bit more
organized.  Perhaps a good discussion for breakfast on Sunday.

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of ed
Sent: May 20, 2009 12:38 PM
To: JAGNUTS Regina
Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] Triumph TransAmerica Tour

Ed:

Ed Bratt

---

From: "Ian Bailey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 12:25:49 -0600

I think we should explore going to Minot for the Car Show/Fair in July.
Ian

>>> "ENGL" <[email-masked]> 5/21/2009 7:44 AM >>>
Ed

We have been in contact with John Macartney through Scott McGibney. 
In
fact, his latest correspondence was earlier this week.

Scott - if appropriate why don't you share the highlights of your
latest
correspondence with the group so as to keep everyone up to date.

Nothing has been finalized for sure (in terms of events).  Sherry
suggested
she and Ian might be interested in hosting a BBQ in John's honour one
of the
evenings he is in town.

Bob

-----Original Message-----

Ed:

organised to come up with an event.  Have you heard of anyone who has
done 
anything, or wants to get together to plan something?

Ed Bratt
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "E.A. Driver" <[email-masked]>
To: "JAGNUTS Regina" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 9:38 AM
Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] Triumph TransAmerica Tour

> do something, I am very willing to help and from my discussions with
Scott

> help - the rod and custom community and the vintage car club
community 
> come
what

> Total unrelated, Ed Bratt, any ties to Barry and company - just my
old 
> days
>> If I can summarize, it sounds like Ed and Scott McG are interested
in 
>> coming
>> AS there is a definite Regina connection there, I think doing
something 
>> is

---

From: "E.A. Driver" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 13:16:29 -0600

Hi Ian

What days is this event on (Minot)?

For all Jaguar C-type fans the July issue of Hemmings Sports and Exotic 
Car has a featured
article on this model!!

Kind regards
Ed (Saskatoon Jagnut)