Subject: [JAGNUTS] Tuesday Night is Race Night

From: Chris Lewry <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2012 15:45:19 -0600

Good day gentlemen.  As per out discussion at breakfast Sunday the 8th
April, 2012 my slot car track is now setup and functional.
   I invite all those interested to come out for a trial race  Tuesday the
17th from 7-9pm.  We will all be relative beginners and the cars are setup
to be competitive with each other in two separate series, the classic Ford
GT class and a modern LMGT2 class.  I expect the night to mostly be
familiarization and perhaps a couple of quick heats for fun.
   The track is nicely setup to run four cars at a time.  For those
unfamiliar with digital slot cars, these cars are all assigned separate
ID's and can run at the same time, in the same lane, but do not have to.
There are 4 places on the track where lanes changes are possible to allow
overtaking and blocking maneuvers.
   The races take place in my basement at 3619 21st ave, Regina.  Please
let me know if expect to come out to the event.  Thank you!

Chris Lewry

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of trackweb.jpg]

---

From: "Eddy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2012 16:18:57 -0600

Just a question where was Breakfast on Sun?? I was at Melrose and it was
closed and no one was there. Darren was also there. Eddy

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Chris Lewry
Sent: Sunday, April 08, 2012 3:45 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [JAGNUTS] Tuesday Night is Race Night

Good day gentlemen.  As per out discussion at breakfast Sunday the 8th
April, 2012 my slot car track is now setup and functional.
   I invite all those interested to come out for a trial race  Tuesday the
17th from 7-9pm.  We will all be relative beginners and the cars are setup
to be competitive with each other in two separate series, the classic Ford
GT class and a modern LMGT2 class.  I expect the night to mostly be
familiarization and perhaps a couple of quick heats for fun.
   The track is nicely setup to run four cars at a time.  For those
unfamiliar with digital slot cars, these cars are all assigned separate ID's
and can run at the same time, in the same lane, but do not have to.
There are 4 places on the track where lanes changes are possible to allow
overtaking and blocking maneuvers.
   The races take place in my basement at 3619 21st ave, Regina.  Please let
me know if expect to come out to the event.  Thank you!

Chris Lewry

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
trackweb.jpg] _______________________________________________
JAGNUTS Regina  -  mailing list
REPLY TO : [email-masked]
http://nonprofits.accesscomm.ca/jagnuts/Jagnuts.htm
_______________________________________________

---

From: "Twila Forsyth" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2012 22:38:39 -0600

we must have just missed you. after finding it closed, the gathering there, 
decided to go back to houstons. we should have put a note on the door! dave 
and twila

--------------------------------------------------
From: "Eddy" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sunday, April 08, 2012 4:18 PM
To: "'JAGNUTS Regina'" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] Tuesday Night is Race Night

> ID's
> let

---

From: "Bob" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 07:38:33 -0600

Chris

Sounds like fun.  I'm out of town on the 17th, but expect to be back by 7,
so put me down as a "more-than-likely".

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Chris Lewry
Sent: April 8, 2012 3:45 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [JAGNUTS] Tuesday Night is Race Night

Chris Lewry

---

From: "Bob" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 07:42:59 -0600

Sorry about that Ed.  Sounds like it might not be a bad idea to put together
a phone list in case we do this to you again.  A good discussion for Sunday
morning.

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Twila Forsyth
Sent: April 8, 2012 10:39 PM
To: JAGNUTS Regina
Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] Tuesday Night is Race Night

> Just a question where was Breakfast on Sun?? I was at Melrose and it 
> was closed and no one was there. Darren was also there. Eddy

---

From: Kevin Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 08:51:42 -0600

Hot diggity,  new digital technology toys.  My Favorite!

I'll be there.  What is the Address??

Kevin Smith, PMP
Project Manager
306-337-5697
[email-masked]

From:	Chris Lewry <[email-masked]>
To:	[email-masked]
Date:	04/08/2012 04:09 PM
Subject:	[JAGNUTS] Tuesday Night is Race Night
Sent by:	[email-masked]

Chris Lewry

trackweb.jpg]

---

From: Edmonton Classic Sports Car Club <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 17:12:34 -0600

Be nice if someone were to take some pictures and send them up with a bit of a
write up about the exciting dices and horrendous wipe outs that happen on the
track.  Four or five pictures and a few words and I can throw it in the
newsletter. Which we'll then send the link to the Jagnuts so those who weren't
able to squeeze into the basement  would see what they missed.  Chris, might
need some specs on the track set up which sounds pretty interestesting from a
fellow who grew up with 1st Gen. Scaleletrix.

We'll throw it in the Open Road with a Jagnut header and send a link to the
chat group much like this, which is to our last issue.

The Open Road .:  http://www.box.com/s/b809f0cb9b0b7b1200f8

Anytime you want to do a report like that I'm pretty sure we can find room to
toss it in the open road, at least the electronic version where pages are
cheap, and send the link back to the Jagnuts to share among the members.

Besides I want to hear more about this race track.  Where'd you get it, how
much money (always a question out here cuz we're thrifty) (okay cheap)
expandable?   Hope someone there will pick up the challenge and write it up
for us all to enjoy sounds like a good night.

Thanks

Frank
Jagnut in Edmonton

---

From: Phil Sandham <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 21:12:53 -0500

The picture of the track you had at brunch on Sunday was pretty impressive.
The racing sure sounds like fun and a high tech trip down memory lane!  I am
out of town that day but should be back in time for the green flag on the
first race.See you on the 17th.  CheersPhil
 > Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2012 15:45:19 -0600
> From: [email-masked]
trackweb.jpg]

---

From: "Bob" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 07:32:59 -0600

Frank

I'll see what I can do.  Maybe we can convince Tony to do his Photoshop
magic and put action photos of each of us in our chariots de jour.

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Edmonton Classic Sports Car Club
Sent: April 10, 2012 5:13 PM
To: JAGNUTS Regina
Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] Tuesday Night is Race Night

Be nice if someone were to take some pictures and send them up with a bit of
a write up about the exciting dices and horrendous wipe outs that happen on
the track.  Four or five pictures and a few words and I can throw it in the
newsletter. Which we'll then send the link to the Jagnuts so those who
weren't able to squeeze into the basement  would see what they missed.
Chris, might need some specs on the track set up which sounds pretty
interestesting from a fellow who grew up with 1st Gen. Scaleletrix.

Anytime you want to do a report like that I'm pretty sure we can find room
to toss it in the open road, at least the electronic version where pages are
cheap, and send the link back to the Jagnuts to share among the members.

Thanks

Frank
Jagnut in Edmonton

---

From: "Scott McGibney" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 23:01:25 -0600

Better get out and practice ladies and gentlemen, rumour has it that there 
may be an interclub "event" involving toy cars at Brits by the Bus this 
year! Git yer trigger fingers tuned up any ready to roll.

cheers
Scott

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Chris Lewry" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sunday, April 08, 2012 3:45 PM
Subject: [JAGNUTS] Tuesday Night is Race Night

> -----
> No virus found in this message.
> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
> Version: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2409/4918 - Release Date: 04/06/12

---

From: Chris <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 08:23:00 -0600

Thanks to everyone who came out for the first of the Tuesday night races!  My
wife said it sounded like we had a ten year old's birthday party going on in
the basement, so it must have been fun!
   Big congratulations to Phil for beating out the host and taking the win in
the A final.
   I look forward to hosting again in the coming weeks and next time I WILL
take the win!

Chris Lewry

Sent from my iPhone

> Better get out and practice ladies and gentlemen, rumour has it that there
may be an interclub "event" involving toy cars at Brits by the Bus this year!
Git yer trigger fingers tuned up any ready to roll.
>
> cheers
> Scott
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Lewry"
<[email-masked]>
trackweb.jpg]

---

From: "Bob" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 08:45:24 -0600

Chris

Thanks very much for hosting us!  It was a hoot ... slot cars have sure come
a long way since I was a kid!

It should be noted that Phil's win was less than 0.8 seconds over 100 laps
so it was an exciting final.  I hear Bernie Ecclestone wants to add our
event to the F1 racing season for 2013; we'll have to see the financial
package (and other perks) before we make a decision I'm thinking.

Thanks again Chris.

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Chris
Sent: April 18, 2012 8:23 AM
To: JAGNUTS Regina
Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] Tuesday Night is Race Night

Thanks to everyone who came out for the first of the Tuesday night races!
My wife said it sounded like we had a ten year old's birthday party going on
in the basement, so it must have been fun!
   Big congratulations to Phil for beating out the host and taking the win
in the A final.
   I look forward to hosting again in the coming weeks and next time I WILL
take the win!

Chris Lewry

---

From: "Mike" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 09:18:44 -0600

Thanks for having us Chris, it was a blast. I trust Phil will be entering 
some sort of rigorous training program to maintain his current status.
Mike.

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Chris" <[email-masked]>
To: "JAGNUTS Regina" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 8:23 AM
Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] Tuesday Night is Race Night

> My
> in
> year!

---

From: Edmonton Classic Sports Car Club <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 23:37:43 -0600

Sounds like it was a great night of racing.. anyone snag any pictures and
willing to do a bit of a write up. I've got a page and a bit to use up. We go
to press sometime next week so something over the weekend would be good to the
[email-masked] address would be greatly appreciated.  Pester, its' what
club editors do..

Chris, what brand is your set?  If the racing is going to continue at Brits by
the Bus we might see if we can field a team too.   Thanks

Frank
Jagnut Edmonton

---

From: "Bob" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 07:51:57 -0600

Frank ... I have pictures and will do a bit of a write-up for you ... Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Edmonton Classic Sports Car Club
Sent: April 18, 2012 11:38 PM
To: JAGNUTS Regina
Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] Tuesday Night is Race Night

Sounds like it was a great night of racing.. anyone snag any pictures and
willing to do a bit of a write up. I've got a page and a bit to use up. We
go to press sometime next week so something over the weekend would be good
to the [email-masked] address would be greatly appreciated.  Pester,
its' what club editors do..

Chris, what brand is your set?  If the racing is going to continue at Brits
by
the Bus we might see if we can field a team too.   Thanks

Frank
Jagnut Edmonton

---

From: Kevin Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 08:18:33 -0600

Hi Chris,

Sorry I wasn't able to make it to the race night.  My wife is still sick
and I had to drive my daughter about that evening.

Of course, that gave Phil his opportunity to take the win, which he never
would have managed if I had been there. :-)

I will definitely make it to your next race night!

Kevin Smith, PMP
Project Manager
306-337-5697
[email-masked]

From:	Chris <[email-masked]>
To:	JAGNUTS Regina <[email-masked]>
Date:	04/18/2012 08:24 AM
Subject:	Re: [JAGNUTS] Tuesday Night is Race Night
Sent by:	[email-masked]

wife said it sounded like we had a ten year old's birthday party going on

Chris Lewry

Sent from my iPhone

trackweb.jpg]

---

From: Edmonton Classic Sports Car Club <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 10:18:02 -0600

I had a quick Google after Chris has sent me the info on the racing kit.  The
ones that popped up were between #199.99 to #449.00, I suppose with inflation
and all that would be close to what the 80 dollar Scalextric that I had as a
kid would be but it does seem like a bit of an investment.  One might have to
have lap fees   I'll bet it was fun though.

Frank