Subject: [JAGNUTS] FW: Mitty vintage races at Road Atlanta reminder, May 2-4

From: "JAGNUTS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 19:43:52 -0600

The following was sent . not quite sure how they got my e-mail address, but
for all you world travellers .

If anyone wants me to e-mail to them the poster, just let me know .

Bob

http://nonprofits.accesscomm.ca/jagnuts/jagnuts.htm

  _____  

From: Paul C [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: March 27, 2008 12:57 PM
Subject: Mitty vintage races at Road Atlanta reminder, May 2-4

Car club officers and members please feel free to forward this to all your
members. Mitty Cobra Poster as an attachment.

Just a reminder about the Mitty Vintage Races May 2-4 at Road Atlanta, one
of the biggest automotive sensory overloads in the country.

  Bob Bondurant, the Shelby Cobra factory driver will be there as grand
marshal and the tribute is to FORD this year. You'll see Cobras, Shelbys,
GT40s and many other great Ford cars from the past as well as hundreds of
vintage race cars by other manufacturers.

Historic Grand Prix people from all over the United states will be
participating with us with about 20 to 30 old Formula 1 cars.  

Here is the Historic Grand Prix web site to get a feel for what type of F-1
cars are coming.

http://historicgrandprix.com/home.htm

Bob Varsha from SPEED TV will be calling the qualifying F-1 race on Saturday
and then the final F-1 race on Sunday after we set up a simulated Formula 1
start on the false grid for a photo op for the Fans.  Bob will walk thru the
F-1 cars talking about their history and drivers as they are staged on the
false grid.  Be sure to bring your camera.

We are expecting quite a variety of old race cars totaling close to 400 as
this event goes on for three days.

In the infield we will be having a vendors village and corral parking for
all the car clubs and if its equal to last year there will be close to a
thousand car club affiliated cars.

Kumo tires will be letting people drive the MX5 Mazdas through the slalom
course that will be set up in the back part of the track.

For more detailed information on SPEEDFEST please go to:

http://speedfest.classicmotorsports.net/

For more detailed information on all of the HSR events for 2008 please go
to:

http://www.hsrrace.com/

Thank you and hope to see you there.

Paul Chichester

Director of Special Events

Historic Sportscar Racing

[email-masked] 

PS. I have a 59 MGA roadster for sale if anyones interested.

$10750. average car. I can email photos and a detailed description.

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pdf which had a name of Cobra poster.pdf]