Subject: [JAGNUTS] Accident update

From: Andrew Martens <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 19:35:27 -0600

Hi guys
For those that didn't hear, I was in a car accident last Sunday. The good news is no British cars were harmed. However, I have a broken foot and assorted other injuries. And the wife's MGB-support vehicle is a goner. It seems the other driver was demonstrating to his passenger the combination of excess speed and centrifical force as he came around a corner and drifted across the center line hitting me head-on, and punting me back about 60 feet.

So, it will be while before I can make it out to coffee time again. I get a cast on Tues., so I should be at least be able to hobble around after that.

cheers
andrew

---

From: mike scales <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 22:46:53 -0600

Hi Andrew;
  I'm very sorry to hear about your accident. I know you will be quick to
mend, and out and about soon, and will now be able to use the first parking
stall at Melrose. Let me know if you need rides or anything.  I think my new
[to me ] Jaguar has enough room in the back for a cast and crutches......Get
well soon...Mike.

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Andrew Martens" <[email-masked]>
To: "JAGNUT list" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, May 19, 2006 7:35 PM
Subject: [JAGNUTS] Accident update

> Hi guys
> For those that didn't hear, I was in a car accident last Sunday. The good
news is no British cars were harmed. However, I have a broken foot and
assorted other injuries. And the wife's MGB-support vehicle is a goner. It
seems the other driver was demonstrating to his passenger the combination of
excess speed and centrifical force as he came around a corner and drifted
across the center line hitting me head-on, and punting me back about 60
feet.
>
> So, it will be while before I can make it out to coffee time again. I get
a cast on Tues., so I should be at least be able to hobble around after
that.
>
> cheers
> andrew
> _______________________________________________
> JAGNUTS Regina  -  mailing list
> REPLY TO : [email-masked]
> http://nonprofits.accesscomm.ca/jagnuts/Jagnuts.htm
> _______________________________________________

---

From: "Bob" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 08:13:20 -0600

Andrew

This has not been a good year for the Jagnuts in terms of accidents.  Take
care, and if you can, you are still welcome to hobble over to Melrose on
Sundays!

Bob 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Andrew Martens
Sent: May 19, 2006 7:35 PM
To: JAGNUT list
Subject: [JAGNUTS] Accident update

Hi guys

So, it will be while before I can make it out to coffee time again. I get a
cast on Tues., so I should be at least be able to hobble around after that.

cheers
andrew