Subject: [JAGNUTS] There is a move afoot!

From: "Bob" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 08:47:36 -0600

There is a move afoot to go back to Brewster's north for breakfast next
Sunday.  Discuss ...

---

From: Ian Bailey <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 09:11:30 -0600

OK with me.

Ian B. Sent from my iPhone

> On Sep 2, 2014, at 8:47 AM, "Bob" <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> _______________________________________________
> JAGNUTS Regina  -  mailing list
> REPLY TO : [email-masked]
> http://nonprofits.accesscomm.ca/jagnuts/Jagnuts.htm
> _______________________________________________

---

From: Phil Sandham <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 20:17:43 -0600

Brewster's  north works for me.

Phil

Sent from my iPad

> On Sep 2, 2014, at 9:12 AM, "Ian Bailey" <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> OK with me.
>

---

From: "Bob" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 11:34:27 -0600

Keep those thoughts / ideas / comments coming ...

-----Original Message-----
From: Jagnuts [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Phil
Sandham
Sent: September 2, 2014 8:18 PM
To: JAGNUTS Regina
Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] There is a move afoot!

Phil

Sent from my iPad

>> There is a move afoot to go back to Brewster's north for breakfast 
>> next Sunday.  Discuss ...

---

From: "Koschinsky, Tony JU" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 19:47:24 +0000

It seems to me that a proper debate requires argument from both sides.  I
guess it falls to me to raise some points in favour of staying put at Melrose
(it will always be Melrose to me).

A move would be a change.  I fear change.  There is comfort in going to the
same place each week, and knowing that everyone knows where to go and when.
Even the topic of conversation is usually the same, revolving around the
unique service model employed by the restaurant staff.

The parking is pretty darn good.

The food, and the price thereof, have already been mentioned.  It's not easy
to find shredded hashbrowns, and they are doing them up really nicely these
days, with just the right amount of crispness.  The bacon is good.  They have
rye toast.  They leave carafes of coffee.

The ability to be seated as a group is important.  They created a special
"Reserved" sign just for us.  True, the chairs sometimes bite, but they
generally behave themselves as well as we do.

Finally, there is the entertainment.  The floor show put on by the wait staff
when they bring out the food is of a quality equal to most dinner theatres (at
least the ones I have been to), with the added bonus of being interactive.
Instead of having to sing for your supper, you have to plead for your
pancakes.  And holler for your hashbrowns.  Harangue for your ham.  I could go
on.  It is great fun to watch for those of us who get food on the first go
round.

The decision to leave this all behind is not one to be taken lightly.  If a
move is afoot, we have to think ahead.

Tony

-----Original Message-----

Phil

Sent from my iPad

---

From: "Mike Scales" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 16:38:33 -0600

Hi All,

    I like Melrose, Symposium, Fusion and whatever the next version is to 
be.
It takes a while to train restaurants, and I think the training is coming 
along reasonably well. Still a few glitches, but it has only been a year or 
so.
This is one of the only places in Regina that knows what a medium poached 
egg is.
   I agree with Tony.

Thanks for listening,
Mike.

-----Original Message----- 
From: Koschinsky, Tony JU
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2014 1:47 PM
To: JAGNUTS Regina
Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] There is a move afoot!

It seems to me that a proper debate requires argument from both sides.  I
guess it falls to me to raise some points in favour of staying put at 
Melrose
(it will always be Melrose to me).

The food, and the price thereof, have already been mentioned.  It's not easy
to find shredded hashbrowns, and they are doing them up really nicely these
days, with just the right amount of crispness.  The bacon is good.  They 
have
rye toast.  They leave carafes of coffee.

Finally, there is the entertainment.  The floor show put on by the wait 
staff
when they bring out the food is of a quality equal to most dinner theatres 
(at
least the ones I have been to), with the added bonus of being interactive.
Instead of having to sing for your supper, you have to plead for your
pancakes.  And holler for your hashbrowns.  Harangue for your ham.  I could 
go
on.  It is great fun to watch for those of us who get food on the first go
round.

Tony

-----Original Message-----

Phil

Sent from my iPad

---

From: "Bob" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2014 22:05:30 -0600

The weight of argument tends then towards swinging back to
Melrose/Melrose/Fusion ... any more thoughts?

-----Original Message-----
From: Jagnuts [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Mike
Scales
Sent: September 4, 2014 4:39 PM
To: JAGNUTS Regina
Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] There is a move afoot!

Hi All,

Thanks for listening,
Mike.

-----Original Message-----
From: Koschinsky, Tony JU
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2014 1:47 PM
To: JAGNUTS Regina
Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] There is a move afoot!

It seems to me that a proper debate requires argument from both sides.  I
guess it falls to me to raise some points in favour of staying put at
Melrose (it will always be Melrose to me).

The food, and the price thereof, have already been mentioned.  It's not easy
to find shredded hashbrowns, and they are doing them up really nicely these
days, with just the right amount of crispness.  The bacon is good.  They
have rye toast.  They leave carafes of coffee.

Finally, there is the entertainment.  The floor show put on by the wait
staff when they bring out the food is of a quality equal to most dinner
theatres (at least the ones I have been to), with the added bonus of being
interactive.
Instead of having to sing for your supper, you have to plead for your
pancakes.  And holler for your hashbrowns.  Harangue for your ham.  I could
go on.  It is great fun to watch for those of us who get food on the first
go round.

Tony

-----Original Message-----

Phil

Sent from my iPad