Subject: [JAGNUTS] FW: We can support some cars better than we do!

From: "Bob" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 16:05:50 -0600

Can anyone help with this ? ...

From: David Stuursma [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: July 31, 2013 3:31 PM
Subject: We can support some cars better than we do!

Dear British Car Club Leaders, please share with your members if you feel
this would benefit them:

*** 

I may not be the best person to write this email, but here goes .

At the last two British car shows I attended I was approached first by an
owner of a Morris Minor and then by a fellow with a Morgan saying, "Sure
wish you carried a catalog for my car." These are two examples of several
vehicles for which we don't have catalogs or references to parts online-and
yet, we know we carry quite a few parts that fit the cars. I really should
track down a list of all these cars, but the owners definitely know who they
are.

For years (decades?) resourceful owners have been figuring out which parts
from our catalogs fit their unique cars. In an ideal world Moss would have
put in the man-hours ourselves and made the process painless for the
customer. Dedicated men/women and especially hours, like a dry LBC, can be
tricky to come by.

We have heard rumors of individuals who have created spreadsheets for their
cars with factory numbers that have been cross-referenced with Moss part
numbers-and parts from Moss Europe, too. Are the rumors true? Are there
people with lists of parts? (In the case of the Magnette, we have our own
Kelvin Dodd compiling part numbers-and still we're slow to publish them!) 

In addition to pulling for the success of the company that happens to feed
me, I will gladly push and research for the folks out there asking for parts
for their beloved British wheels.

So, to all those out there who have their own personal lists of parts and
are willing to share . please do!

Thanks!

David Stuursma

Moss Motoring Editor & Club Contact Guy

Moss Motors

440 Rutherford Street

Goleta, CA 93117

P.S. I'm sure I can supply those who help out with Moss Gift Certificates.
That would be my pleasure!