Subject: [JAGNUTS] UPDATED WEBPAGES

From: "Bob England - Mechanical Design Group" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 20:05:48 -0600

I didn't take any photos this morning, but did take photos last week and
finally have them up on the website.
 
TWO BONUS WEBPAGES - one shows photos taken at Jeff's garage on Friday
night, the other is a CONTEST with MAJOR PRIZES! (well, not really).  Links
on the "Last Event" webpage.

Also, I received a bunch of deposits on the grille badges.  If you have not
sent yours in, please do so soon.  Check out
http://nonprofits.accesscomm.ca/jagnuts/WhoWantsBadges.htm
To make sure I received your payment.
 
Bob
http://nonprofits.accesscomm.ca/jagnuts/Jagnuts.htm 

-- 
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.385 / Virus Database: 268.4.5/322 - Release Date: 2006.04.22

---

From: "J. Betcher" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 22:11:22 -0600

Bob,

A picture is worth a thousand words.  Thanks again to all who came to
offer encouragement/advice.  It is much appreciated.  It was good to
know that I am not alone in this quest.

Jeff

P.S. About that missing part...

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Bob England - Mechanical Design Group
Sent: Sunday, April 23, 2006 8:06 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [JAGNUTS] UPDATED WEBPAGES

TWO BONUS WEBPAGES - one shows photos taken at Jeff's garage on Friday
night, the other is a CONTEST with MAJOR PRIZES! (well, not really).
Links
on the "Last Event" webpage.

Also, I received a bunch of deposits on the grille badges.  If you have
not
sent yours in, please do so soon.  Check out
http://nonprofits.accesscomm.ca/jagnuts/WhoWantsBadges.htm
To make sure I received your payment.
 
Bob

-- 
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.385 / Virus Database: 268.4.5/322 - Release Date:
2006.04.22
_______________________________________________
JAGNUTS Regina  -  mailing list 
REPLY TO : [email-masked]
http://nonprofits.accesscomm.ca/jagnuts/Jagnuts.htm
_______________________________________________

-- 
No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.385 / Virus Database: 268.4.5/322 - Release Date:
2006-04-22

-- 
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.385 / Virus Database: 268.4.5/322 - Release Date:
2006-04-22

---

From: "K. Govender" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 13:56:52 -0600

>http://nonprofits.accesscomm.ca/jagnuts/Jagnuts.htm 
dear Bob, you are doing a good job. I am very dissapointed, that 
Majestics called me 2 days ago and told me that they do not have a spot 
for my e-type jaguar. I was planning to bring the car in this Sunday 
April 30, 2006 to show it off! do you think this is a good idea?

Morgan

---

From: "Bob" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 15:27:41 -0600

I DEFINITELY THINK THIS IS A GOOD IDEA ... 

dear Bob, you are doing a good job. I am very dissapointed, that Majestics
called me 2 days ago and told me that they do not have a spot for my e-type
jaguar. I was planning to bring the car in this Sunday April 30, 2006 to
show it off! do you think this is a good idea?

Morgan

-- 
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.385 / Virus Database: 268.4.6/324 - Release Date: 2006.04.25

---

From: Len <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 22:48:43 -0600

Hi Bob, I don't know if you remember who I am.  John Griffiths had you add
my name to the Jagnuts e-mail list.  My name is Len Marinos, we met back in
2004.   It was earleir in that year I purchased a 1968 MGB (in rough
condition).  I haven't participated in any of the get togethers, however, I
do view all the e-mails regardig the Jagnuts club activities.  Last year I
was totally involved in my son's baseball season (among other things) and
did not devote any time to working (fiddling) with my MGB.

I recently purchased a new soft convertable top over the internet (from a
gentlemen in New York).  For me it is a little risky in that I know very
little about car parts and given the distance, this purchase is pretty well
a done deal regardless if it fits.

Anyways, I do have the top and I laid it out and it appears to be the same
size, however, the snaps and buttons are not preinstalled, is that how the
new ones come?  Also, the clips that (I believe) afix to the sides by each
door are not included on the new top.  I was wondering if you are familar
with how the new tops are provided?

Thanks and I apologize for being silent for the last 2 years and then just
contacting you with a question.

Len

P.S. I do plan on getting out to a coffee one Sunday, when my MGB is worthy
of driving around (it still needs alot of work).

---

From: "Bob" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 23:28:13 -0600

Hi Len

Of course I remember!  Actually I was thinking about you the other day as I
had looked at the spare transmission you had, and am now rebuilding the
transmission in my '65.

Coincidentally I ordered a new top for mine last fall (not yet installed).
It was a Moss stow away top and did come with all the snaps and clips, all
of which are pre-installed except for two snaps, which come in the package.

Hope this helps.

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Len
Sent: April 26, 2006 10:49 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [JAGNUTS] A question about a convertible top for my 1968 MGB

Len

---

From: John Griffiths <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 05:43:31 -0500

Hi Bob, Len et al:

Seeing my name in Len's note it suggested to me that I too should 
write. I too lurk. First, Len, I had some success finding snaps etc at 
Century Fabrics on Park St. I forgot to mention that last night... I 
had put a new (OK almost new) top on my TR6 and needed to move things 
around a bit. 

By the way I do still have the "6" and a friend and I are stripping the
finish. We started last Fall and will soon continue. Eventually (after 
getting new rockers welded in etc) the car will be British Racing 
Green. I considered going to the original colour (Mimosa Yellow) but 
BRG is just TOO nice. I too will drop in for coffee some time soon.

I'm having a new steering rack and tyres etc installed in/on my XJ40 
(yikes) and then it'll be for sale. More on that when it's ready to go.
Mechanically I've been doing more bike work than anything else 
recently. Right now on the plantation I have um... 8 bikes (not all of 
which I own) perhaps the most interesting of which is a '73 Hodaka 
Combat Wombat in my basement. How'd we get it down there? I'm not 
sure but the friend who helped suggested that with a couple of 
beers this Spring we could ride that puppy up. Len, I'll try to ensure 
the place doesn't look like something from the "Wild One". But I 
digress... 

Best...

John

> of driving around (it still needs alot of work).

[email-masked]
www.thetubaguy.com
Professor, Dept. of Music,
Riddell University Centre 256.15,
University of Regina,
Regina, Sask.
S4S 0A2
(306) 585-5534
FAX: (306) 585-5549

---

From: Len <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 17:04:29 -0600

Thanks Bob and John.  So I need to venture out to see if i can find new
snaps/snap holders and someone who can sew these on.

Incidently Bob, if you are interested in the tranny I have, let me know what
you want to pay for it (lately, the less parts in my garage the more room
for other things like lumber for my half-finished fence).

Len

Oh and John, I talked to my buddy about the bike and he sounded mildly
interested.  Again, what year is it?  And milage and anything thing else I
can pass along to him.

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Bob" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2006 11:28 PM
Subject: RE: [JAGNUTS] A question about a convertible top for my 1968 MGB

> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On

---

From: "G.R. Green" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 07:44:18 -0600

Hi Len,
Don't know if the snaps are the same in a '67 MG Midget but we put an after 
market top on our Midget last fall.  It came with the snaps even though we 
used the tenex fasteners found in the Victoria British catalogue instead. 
These were not pre-installed. We did it ourselves, using chalk on the tenex 
studs that are on the car as a method of marking the top for position of new 
fasteners. The important thing was to make sure the top was centered 
properly on the frame before chalking it. We started at the back of the top 
and worked towards the sides and front.  This method worked just as well 
when we installed our Spitfire top.  Then of course you must hold your 
tongue just right while doing it.

Just as an aside, the hood that we bought from you last fall is now in the 
process of being fitted to the car and will go to painting shortly.  We have 
the rest of the body completed and painted, with motor & tranny installed, 
and interior finished etc. We just need to finish the exhaust system and 
will be ready to fire it up. This too will probably require that we hold our 
tongues just right or at the very least cross our fingers that when 
rebuilding the motor we actually put everything back in...???

We will hopefully come for Sunday coffee at Melrose Place when the car is 
ready for the trip.

Ken and Gloria

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Len" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2006 10:48 PM
Subject: [JAGNUTS] A question about a convertible top for my 1968 MGB

> Version: 7.1.385 / Virus Database: 268.4.6/324 - Release Date: 4/25/2006