Subject: [JAGNUTS] JAGNUTS - Time to give back to the community

From: "Bob England - Mechanical Design Group" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 09:58:09 -0600

Chris is participating in a holiday lunch for the poor on the Thanksgiving
long weekend, and asked if JAGNUTS might want to participate.  Chris
indicated the time commitment is approximately an hour on Saturday, October
7th.  Lynn and I volunteered (actually Lynn volunteered me), and if anyone
else is interested, let Chris know either by phone or email.  Here's the
scoop:

MEDIA ADVISORY FOR
CONTACT: Christos 

Saturday, October 7, 2006
PHONE: 757-9999

Noon

REGINA RESCUE MISSION TO HOST HOLIDAY DINNER FOR THE POOR

****

1000 Traditional Thanksgiving Meals to be Served!!

Melrose Place North&La Bodega  

****

WHAT:           Homemade turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy,
cranberries, vegetables, buns, cream of mushroom soup, caesar salad, chef's
creation for dessert, juice, coffee, and treats to take home!

WHO:             Regina RESCUE Mission partners with Melrose Place North and
La Bodega to cook a traditional Thanks giving meal for the needy men, women,
and children in our community.

WHEN:           Saturday, October 7th, 2006

                        Noon

WHERE:        Albert Scott Community Centre

                        1264 Athol Street

WHY:              Thanksgiving is a time of rejoicing, thanking God for the
blessings He has given us.   Many of us are more blessed than others and we
want to share those blessings with those around us.  For many of our
low-income families here in Regina, this will be the only Thanksgiving meal
they receive.

PHOTO/INTERVIEW OPPORTUNITIES:

* His Worship Mayor Pat Fiacco takes time out to help feed Regina's less
fortunate.  He has not missed one holiday meal for the poor yet!

* Chris and Tasia Lygouriatis, owners of Melrose Place North, Adam
Sperling,owner of La Bodega are providing meals for up to 1000 men, women,
and children!  This is the fifth meal they have partnered with us.

* Volunteers, staff and members of the Board, many of them have personally
been down and out and now serve full-time with the Mission.

BACKGROUND:

Regina RESCUE Mission was founded December of 1999, and is celebrating it's
7th birthday this year.  They have two facilities: a men's emergency shelter
and drop-in (shared with Soul's Harbour) and a LifeChange Program house for
men and women with or without children.  They offer a variety of programs
including life and social skills classes, addictions programming, food and
clothing distribution, emergency shelter, and spiritual counseling.

---

From: mike scales <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 16:17:34 -0600

See you Saturday
Mike.
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Bob England - Mechanical Design Group" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, September 18, 2006 9:58 AM
Subject: [JAGNUTS] JAGNUTS - Time to give back to the community

> _______________________________________________
> JAGNUTS Regina  -  mailing list
> REPLY TO : [email-masked]
> http://nonprofits.accesscomm.ca/jagnuts/Jagnuts.htm
> _______________________________________________

---

From: "Ed" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 17:11:50 -0600

Sorry guys I am in Minot this weekend or I would be there, I was at Emma 
lake for the big BBQ so I am missing lots of good stuff lately. Eddy
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "mike scales" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, September 18, 2006 4:17 PM
Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] JAGNUTS - Time to give back to the community

> -- 
> No virus found in this incoming message.
> Checked by AVG Free Edition.
> Version: 7.1.405 / Virus Database: 268.12.4/449 - Release Date: 9/15/2006

---

From: "Bob England - Mechanical Design Group" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 21:09:07 -0600

Mike ... it is not this Saturday ...

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of mike scales
Sent: September 18, 2006 4:18 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [JAGNUTS] JAGNUTS - Time to give back to the community

See you Saturday
Mike.

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 08:56:36 -0600

Another new item on the classifieds webpage to check out ...

Have also added photos from Sunday's coffee ...

Bob
http://nonprofits.accesscomm.ca/jagnuts/jagnuts.htm

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 18:20:20 -0600

Are any of you guys out there the type that collect information of specific cars
by their VINs? I've got a small list of chassis numbers of the Sultan of
Brunei's Jaguars and thought someone might be interested. No photos, though.

Regards,

Glen Kohut
ILR/LCOC

---

From: "JAGNUTS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 22:45:31 -0600

Bob

---

From: "Bob England - Mechanical Design Group" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 08:06:52 -0600

More importantly, can you get us a tour of his garage ?

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: October 3, 2006 6:20 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [JAGNUTS] The Sultan of Brunei's Jaguars

Are any of you guys out there the type that collect information of specific
cars
by their VINs? I've got a small list of chassis numbers of the Sultan of
Brunei's Jaguars and thought someone might be interested. No photos, though.

Regards,

Glen Kohut

---

From: mike scales <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 16:39:34 -0600

Perhaps there are a few he doesn't have room for, and has to throw away!
Mike.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 18:10:44 -0600

You have no idea how real your joke is. Several years ago he was clearing space
in his garage and instead of selling off cars (including many one-offs) like
most people would who like to get their money back, he had them pushed into the
ocean so no one else could have them. Pretty sad!

Anyways, I can't arrange a tour only a look at the list (177 cars). His garages
hold hundreds if not thousands, of cars.

Glen
-----------

--

---

From: "Bob England - Mechanical Design Group" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 13:59:44 -0600

Talked to Chris a couple of days ago ... he wants us to meet at Melrose Pace
North at 11:30 a.m.

Bob

---

From: "Ian Bailey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 09:25:17 -0600

Hi Bob,

Sherry and I went to Melrose Place at 11:30 and the waitress said to go to
Soul Harbor on Broad. We tried to find Soul Harbor but couldn't. Sorry we
missed it.

Ian Bailey
 
Cell (306) 591-4574

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Bob England - Mechanical Design Group
Sent: October 6, 2006 2:00 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [JAGNUTS] JAGNUTS - Time to give back to the community - REGINA
RESCUE MISSION TO HOST HOLIDAY DINNER FOR THE POOR

Bob

---

From: "Bob" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 10:17:49 -0600

Ian

It was actually at the Albert Scott Community Centre on 7th at Elphinstone.
It was a great thing Chris did for Regina's underprivileged.

I understand there is another one coming up at Christmas - I am sure Chris
will keep us posted.

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Ian Bailey
Sent: October 9, 2006 9:25 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [JAGNUTS] JAGNUTS - Time to give back to the community - REGINA
RESCUE MISSION TO HOST HOLIDAY DINNER FOR THE POOR

Hi Bob,

Ian Bailey
 
Cell (306) 591-4574