[JAGNUTS] XK 120

Brian Burke jagnuts@autox.team.net
Mon, 19 Apr 2004 08:06:36 -0700

Dave
  The restoration that I am doing is for a customers car.  It is the input
like yours that helps me so much.  I am a metalshaper and restorer and the
customer that I have now is a really nice guy so I am looking for
alternatives to rebuilding the parts, which is what I would normaly do.  I
was kind of hoping that I could buy some parts and save the customer some
extra money as he has owned this car for 46 years and has no plans to do
anything but drive it and pet it so he could get away with a little less in
the restoration department.
  What I was wondering in my original post was if all the used parts in this
era could be considered the same condition as what I have now or can some
good parts still be found.  When I went on the Brownslane site I could not
get any information, just the front page so I will have to try again.
  What kind of wheel did you buy?  I first got my wheel when I was into
aircraft parts so I was lucky in having a large frame.  Do you have any
contacts for doing wood work?  I have an old wood man now but he is about 80
and I do not know how long he will last.  I am looking at a 1936 Riley
special to do but I may need another man for the wood frame and that seems
hard to find.  Do the guys at Brownslane repair jag panels, or just sell
parts?
  I better go now, thank you for your input.  Would you mind if I contacted
you later with more questions?

Brian Burke
Wharf Street Custom Classics