[JAGNUTS] RE: Jagnuts digest, Vol 1 #418 - 3 msgs

J. Betcher jagnuts@autox.team.net
Tue, 13 Jun 2006 22:12:25 -0600

Gerard,

Thanks for the tip.  I have tried to blow backwards into the tank to no
avail and I'm sure that the fuel pump works as I back primed it from the
carbs and it emptied the fuel line.  My next trick is similar to what
you mention: I picked up some aircraft cable today that may be flexible
enough to negotiate the corner yet stiff enough to allow me to push it
through the tank pickup.  If that doesn't work I may have to try your
drill bit on the speedo cable.

Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: jagnuts-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:jagnuts-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Gerard Gardiner
Sent: Monday, June 12, 2006 5:23 PM
To: jagnuts@autox.team.net
Subject: [JAGNUTS] RE: Jagnuts digest, Vol 1 #418 - 3 msgs

Hi Jeff

I would remove the fuel pump and test it independently. If you know it
works, then just blow into the fuel line towards the tank and you should
hear bubbles. If no bubbles, then follow Mike's suggestions. If you need
drill the hole again, I've brazed a drillbit onto the end of an old
speedo
cable to negotiate right angles. Good Luck

Gerard