[JAGNUTS] Personal family news

A Martens joyride at sasktel.net
Mon May 25 22:01:41 MDT 2009

Hello
It is with a heavy heart that I write to tell you that our younger son Jared was killed in a car accident in Calgary on May 9th. He was 25. His obituary and tributes can be viewed at http://www.saskobits.com/viewGuestBook.do?noticeId=4169256 or by navigating through http://www.speersfuneralchapel.com/.

I am able to report that it has been one full year since Karen's cancer surgery. She has completed her follow-up chemotherapy (ran from July 2008 to March 2009). She was hospitalized with complications for about two months, and was released on May 8th. Recent CT scans are clear, however, she has to be cautious with what she eats. For that, we are thankful.

Our older son Jordan and his wife Kacie have been a strong support during this time, and we appreciate them.

Keep us in your thoughts and prayers,

your friends,
Andrew and Karen