[JAGNUTS] The Eternal Jagnut Dilema ... to Tea or Not to Tea ...

Bob jagnuts at accesscomm.ca
Wed Mar 17 17:32:17 MST 2010

With apologies to Bill Shakespeare on this somewhat new interpretation of
his work ...

To Tea or not to Tea

That is the question:

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of the outrageous cost of coffee at Starbucks,

Or to take arms against a sea of troubles
by NOT going to Chris's beanery each Sunday

And, by opposing, end them.

To die, to sleep
No more  - and by a sleep to say we end
our car's annual ritual winter hibernation and the thousand natural shocks
That flesh is heir to - 'tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wished!

To die, to sleep
To sleep, perchance to dream. Ay, there's the rub,

For in that sleep (of a newly restored roadster), what dreams may come,
When we have shuffled off this mortal ignition coil,
Must give us pause. There's the respect
That makes calamity of owning a British car our life.

For who would bear the whips and scorns of owning that British car,
Th' compressor's wrong, the proud man's newly found humility,
The pangs of inexplicable shipwright's disease, the tow truck's delay,
The insolence of the officer, and the spurns
That patient merit th' unworthy Italian car owner's take,
When he himself might his quietus make
With a bare bodkin?

[now THERE's a picture I can't get out of my mind!]

Who would fardels bear [what's a fardel?],
To grunt and sweat under an oily pipe,
But that the dread of something after coffee,
The undiscovered electrical fault from whose burn
No traveler returns, puzzles the will
And makes us rather bear those ills we have
Than fly to others electrical faults that we know not of?

Thus conscience [or rather common sense] does make cowards of us all,
And thus the native hue of resolution
Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought of that latest repair bill,
And enterprises of great pitch and moment
With this regard their shock absorbers turn awry,
And lose the name of action.

Soft you now!
The fair Ophelia! Nymph, in thy E-Type
Be all my sins remembered

OK now class, what IS the question.  And more importantly, WHAT is the
answer?