[JAGNUTS] Help Requested

Bob bob at jagnuts.ca
Thu Apr 11 20:55:52 MDT 2013

I received the following note from a reader of the Jagnuts website.  Can
anyone help Howard out?

Ii have totally restored a 78 spitfire and have a constant noise in the rear
-- i think it is an axle joint issue.  During the restore i completely
rebuilt the rear end with the exception of new axles, they are prone to wear
due the undersized inner bearing.  I have since changed the ujoints but the
knock persists.  I have ordered new axles, bearings and seals and would like
to know if you have any insight into club members or local mechanics who
are knowledgable in this area.  I would like to get a mechanic to help me
with this rebuild to get it right this time.  i hope to meet up with you or
other club members and will follow your events calendar. I would appreciate
any advice at your earliest convenience.

Howard Jesse

howard.jesse at sasktel.net