[JONAT-chat] Re: [JONAT] Route Weather

Jerry Mouton jonat-chat@autox.team.net
Sun, 18 Apr 2004 15:36:58 -0700

Fazal,

It's NEVER Beach Boys weather in San Francisco.

The reason you may see "San Francisco" sweatshirts
and jackets all over the world it that visitors often come
with shorts and tee shirts, expecting "Beach Boys" weather --
we love to watch them turn blue in SF.  Vendors are
quick to oblige with tourist wear...

It should be warmish to pleasantly cool in the SF sector.
We'll see maybe some sprinkles, variable weather.
It will never get below 45F at night, will not storm.

Here weather is often more of a function of location than
time.  The Mission San Antonio will be 75-85 degrees and
dry, most likely.  The coast from Big Sur North will be
springtime cool and partly foggy, but maybe hot and dry
some days.  Expect cold damp wind, often strong in the
afternons -- a waterproof and windproof hooded jacket
(not insulated) will serve you well when paired with a
Polarfleece/wool sweater or pullover.

San Francisco will be sunny but cool, with dampish winds
and occasional fog, kind of like the coast (OK, it IS on the
coast).  St Helena and Napa Valley will likely be warm
and dry, perhaps foggy overcast in the morning.  Mendocino
and North is coastland again...

You could bring some shorts, but don't be surprised if you
never want to wear them.

Be prepared, because after all, this is WEATHER we're
talking about.  I think I can categorically say that it has never
snowed on our route in May (well, probably ; -)

I'll post some weather forecast links on my sector website.

Jerry

Jerry Mouton    '64 E Type FHC    "Laissez les bons temps rouler!"
      Jaguar Owner's North American Tour - http://jonat.org
      April 15, 2004 - July 4, 2004