[JONAT-chat] 2nd sector update

Jagboard Administrator jonat-chat@autox.team.net
Sun, 18 Apr 2004 23:20:30 -0500

Greetings from the dirty south!

Yes, the NO sector is under way.  What happened, who broke down, where are
they?  All fair questions...

But the Internet community is not a sure bet.  I am afraid my psychopathic
side took control and all participants hereto have been chopped to little
bits--with a wee piece of them now in every packet...never know who you
hire, do you?

OK--I'm really kidding.  Hudson could not make it all the way to Pensacola.
Bill, however, did--in his very special XK8.  Great car!  And, he is
traveling with a stuffed Jaguar about three times the size of our mascot.
Nonetheless, "Jay" as I will call him-- is not put out--rather, I think he
enjoyed the company.

Our section of the drive went off with no hitch on Bill's part and only a
few glitches on mine.  Glitches, like my AC was low on R-134 and my
speedometer has cut out completely.  Come lunch time, we met with Dr. Tobey
Pittman who owns an absolutely beautiful (and powerful) E-Type.  Sadly, his
schedule would not allow for him to make "the long run" but his involvement
was greatly appreciated!  My ASC had carb trouble I could not fix on the
phone so he opted to meet us at the NO hotel.

All told, it was a great and beautiful run.  We have many pictures and some
video I plan to post soon.  And we have another day tomorrow! So on that
note, I'm off to cook some dinner and then rest up.

BTW--That Microsoft program that estimates travel time is off by a good hour
to two.  Just fair warning for those being particular about time.

OK--food, sleep an off to Texas!

Cheers,

Trey