[JONAT-chat] JONAT San Francisco Sector -- ready to go?

Jerry Mouton jonat-chat@autox.team.net
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 08:39:23 -0700

Hi,

Well, time is approaching for the SF sector of the
Jaguar Owners North American Tour.  The tour started
a few days ago in Orlando, and reports are good!

Our sector will be starting in San Luis Obispo (SLO) on
Friday afternoon, May 7th.   XKs Unlimited will be
putting on a welcome event (snacks and drinks, and
a tour of their facility), and then we'll
set out Saturday on our route.

I'll be going to San Luis Obispo Friday Morning, and we can
caravan down.  Let me know if you will join us.  The XKs
event will be at 3PM, so we'll leave Palo Alto at 11:00 AM,
lunch at San Juan Bautista (or you can meet us in San
Juan Bautista).

If you have not yet made hotel reservations, I suggest you
do so today, as some of these places will fill up any weekend.
The website (below) recommends places to stay.
I just added 3 hotels in San Luis Obispo -- I'll be staying at
Quality Suites.

Please go to our website and surf around through all
the links on the page, to get an idea of our itinerary.
As you know, you may join or leave the tour at any point,
so the detailed route information will be important to
connect you with us.  We'll try not to depart any stop
sooner than the time given, to keep us sort of on
track.  Experience with the times shows it may take us
lead-footed Jaguar drivers less time than Microsoft thinks
to drive the route.

I strongly suggest that you print out a full color version of
the route maps from the website , as a guide.  I will have
some paper copies at tour start.

Our route is designed for driving fun rather than parade/show.
Please be sure your car will be up to the drive.  If you need
tires -- if your tires are older than 6 years, for sure! -- please
get new ones before the trip.  Make sure brakes, hoses and belts
are good.  Check any tune up items.  Join AAA today if
you have not done so before.  If you are subject to car sickness,
consider dramamine, or driving as opposed to being the
passenger.

Should you break down,
we will do what we can to get you into the hands of assistance,
but then you may be on your own, as the tour groups further
along depend on us sticking to our timetable.  Please do
what you can to insure we all drive the whole route!

Buy and bring an FRS walkie-talkie or two, and batteries.
These are inexpensive -- at Fry's, for example -- and will
connect us together even places where the cell phones
won't work (many of our coastal routes, for example).
I see a pair of Midland radios for $9.99 (after rebate) today
at Fry's!

The websites are:

http://moutons.org/Jaguar/JONAT/jonat.htm

and

http://jonat.org

Looking forward seeing you on the tour,

Jerry

Jerry Mouton    '64 E Type FHC    "Laissez les bons temps rouler!"
      Jaguar Owner's North American Tour - http://jonat.org
      April 15, 2004 - July 4, 2004