[JONAT-chat] Accomodation

Stephen Clark jonat-chat@autox.team.net
Thu, 22 Apr 2004 07:49:13 -0600

I can't speak for other geographies but I can tell you that a fair
amount of work has gone into doing just what you suggest....I don't
think there are many hotels that meet the clean and dry criteria that
are in somewhat of a pleasant location that come much cheaper...just a
sign of the times....but remember, if you came to came to Canada, you
get about 35% off just with the exchange rate!

-----Original Message-----
From: jonat-chat-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:jonat-chat-admin@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Fazal Cader
Sent: Thursday, April 22, 2004 7:07 AM
To: JONAT List
Subject: [JONAT-chat] Accomodation

At this point I'm moved to comment that after all the negativity and
carping about costs of participating in JONAT from certain quarters,
every choice of accommodation that I have seen so far (for the route LA
to Vancouver, at
least) has been well over US$100 a night.
Eg, the choice at SLO for one night b/n $135-$185 (to me) is crazy and
I'm sure it gives a lot of people second thoughts of participating. I
thought the requirement was somewhere clean and dry to sleep in before
driving off the next day? I've been 'going with the flow' so far and I
guess I'll have to stick with it as I do not know the geography of the
towns well enough to modify.

Fazal Cader
Executive Committee, ISC - Australia
Jaguar Owner's North American Tour - www.jonat.org