[JONAT-chat] Re: Jonat-chat digest, Vol 1 #190 - 2 msgs

jonat-chat@autox.team.net jonat-chat@autox.team.net
Sun, 5 Dec 2004 15:34:24 EST

Hello Again...I thought there was an extensive discussion following the end
of the tour about the pros and cons of the event?  Did anyone take notes --
besides Mark?  There were a number of obsevations that I thought were right
on...and should be incorporated into whatever route and trip duration is planned
for '06.

The concept that Dave Belanger had about a "convoy" of cars sounds fun.  If
you want to make an impact for publicity purposes, there is more punch if you
have a number of cars together.  I remember at Newport Oregon when we gathered
at the Hatfield Science Museum in the morning, there were over a dozen cars I
think and it brought out the local newspaper reporter and a few local people
who wanted to come down and look at the cars.  Those are the types of
opportunities where someone needs to be the point person and have a Fact Sheet ready to
hand over as to what's going on, who's involved, why its happening, where to
go for more information, etc.  These kind of gatherings can help generate
connections with interested people who might want to join local clubs.

I do not remember anyone in the 2004 Tour discussing insurance for the people
who participate.  If the tour becomes "sanctioned" by JCNA there may be some
insurance benefits for a small fee, but am not sure if you would give up any
autonomy as a result.  I think having insurance for the event would be a good
idea, particularly if more people decide to participate in 2006.

Christina Lilienthal
Oregon ACS
'78 XJV12L