[JONAT-chat] Ottawa Sector

Mike O'Brien jonat-chat@autox.team.net
Sat, 19 Jun 2004 08:23:08 -0400

The Ottawa Sector has received is group of travellers. Mike Powley from
Surrey british Columbia and Wayne Deswert from orlando Florida (wesport
NY in the summer) and their families are our most distant visitors.  The
tour left Toronto on thursday with four cars ably led by Bob Higgs
(peddlarbob) our asc who only got lost twice. The trip through Prince
Edward County proved to be both interesting and time consuming-lunch
took 3 1/2 hours. Bob being the salesman that he is had everyone
convinced that the adolphustown ferry cost $40.00 when it actually was
free (he collected no cash but had them in staitches) . Thursday evening
was a group dinner in kingston then another delightful back woods drive
into Ottawa. We collected folks all the way along and by the time the
Ottawa jaguar Club held it meet and greet on friday evening there were
34 people who had participated in 12 cars ranging from a 65 MK2 to a
2004 X type. All in all a great event. Today is the concours in Ottawa.
Pictures will be available on Monday.

--
Mike O'Brien
Ottawa Sector Coordinator